to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Readers rate Assassin's Creed 3 best game of October

Your comments on our articles.

Assassin's Creed 3, Hotline Miami, NBA 2K13... which deserves top marks?

November has been kind to us. So far this month we've had Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Halo 4, both of which were well received critically and are on their way to making and breaking records. On the horizon is Hitman: Absolution, Epic Mickey 2, new Mass Effect 3 DLC and plenty more to keep our wallets empty and thumbs moving.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby PMIKE5 » 15 Nov 2012, 13:18

Yep, I agree with that. Assassin's Creed 3 is an incredible game and the difficulty is just right (ie, makes you want to throw your controller across the wrong, but you feel ashamed to coz you know deep down it's your own damn fault)

It's so good, I'm tempted to get a vita just to play liberation.
My artwork. Hope you like it :)
My kindle comics
PMIKE5 46

Postby brookie_2001 » 15 Nov 2012, 13:20

Then we actually played the game. :P

What a massive disappointment.
brookie_2001 62

Re: Readers rate Assassin's Creed 3 best game of October

Postby Coulson1990 » 15 Nov 2012, 13:25

AC3 was just okay for me. It has CoD syndrome just never gonna be as good. In this case AC2. Still enjoyed it but its not groundbreaking. Connor is a plank of wood compared to Ezio
Coulson1990 44

Postby Nimron Tang » 15 Nov 2012, 13:41

PMIKE5 wrote:Yep, I agree with that. Assassin's Creed 3 is an incredible game and the difficulty is just right (ie, makes you want to throw your controller across the wrong, but you feel ashamed to coz you know deep down it's your own damn fault)

It's nice to know lot's of other people are enjoying the new AC as much as me. I got Liberation on the same day, but haven't touched it yet because of AC3. (still need to finish Gravity Rush as well) Too busy butchering redcoats at the moment.

I'm going to be screwed when Hitman comes out, closely followed by Farcry 3, but on the plus side I'll probably be sorted for games until GTAV with that lot.
It's just a ride.
Nimron Tang 48

PSN ID: Smittypig

Postby Stryker89 » 15 Nov 2012, 13:46

Hmm... No. AC3 is the most disappointing game in the series since the first. They've completely lost sight of what made AC2 such an awesome game.
Stryker89 59

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby TheLastDodo » 15 Nov 2012, 14:51

Internet gamers in saying one thing but doing another SHOCK!..........would be The Sun's headline............if A. The Sun cared enough to run it (they don't) and B. It was actually a shock (it isn't).

And I bet Reeg gave it a 10, the big bip :P
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 15 Nov 2012, 14:57

PMIKE5 wrote:Yep, I agree with that. Assassin's Creed 3 is an incredible game and the difficulty is just right (ie, makes you want to throw your controller across the wrong, but you feel ashamed to coz you know deep down it's your own damn fault)

I haven't had quite so much fun with the walking around parts as 2, Boston's just not as fun as rome or jurusalem, but thats personal preference.

However. The Naval missions are absolutely epic. Just wish there was more of them.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby Gambini » 15 Nov 2012, 15:44

I'm finding AC3 a real chore to play through... a lot of great ideas but just not executed very well.

And the constant "white flash, loading/saving icon, white flash, 10 seconds of gameplay, white flash, cutscene" is sooooo bloody annoying :evil:
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 52

Postby HelloLadies » 15 Nov 2012, 16:10

Gambini wrote:I'm finding AC3 a real chore to play through... a lot of great ideas but just not executed very well.

And the constant "white flash, loading/saving icon, white flash, 10 seconds of gameplay, white flash, cutscene" is sooooo bloody annoying :evil:

I agree with this but in fairness I will say that the other AC games did have some of the loading downtime that AC3 does but they were somewhat quicker though. I have mentioned this in another topic already but the biggest let down for me was the myriad of bugs and glitches. It just feels like the game is so big and ambitious that they ran out of time to give it a good polish. I just don't remember seeing so many bugs in previous AC games. As for Connor he does seem a little bland when compared to Ezio, not so much Altair, however I guess it could be argued that his background is so different to the setting and people around him where as Ezio was among his own people so to speak. I think it may have been deliberate because Haytham was actually a very unique and entertaining character.
HelloLadies 50

Postby MJ-Thriller94 » 15 Nov 2012, 16:44

I personally am loving it. Alot to do, great story, great gameplay. I will say that there are quite a few bugs, but i havent really came across any that have broke the game for me yet. The game takes a wee while to get started too. The only thing i hate is full synchronization. I hated it in Brotherhood and Revelations, and it's no different here. I know you can ignore it, but i still feel it takes away from the freedom of the first 2 AC games when it comes to missions.

I think AC3 is a success, albeit a slightly marred one. Not a bad first try with the new game engine. I do hope they make another AC using the Anvil Engine, only this time building on what they have done right, and correcting some errors that remain. Overall i would definately put it in my Top 5 games of 2012 list
Currently playing: Crysis 3, The Godfather, Bioshock Infinite, Fifa 13
MJ-Thriller94 49

Xbox Live: bigbrain303
PSN ID: MJ-Thriller94

Postby Solm » 15 Nov 2012, 17:46

But before we move on to the next big thing.... the next big thing being Far Cry 3, well for me it will be, can't wait..
PSN ID: Solm67
I'm a father that doesn't want to grow up.
Solm 53

Xbox Live: SOLM
PSN ID: Solm67
Steam: Solm1967

Postby The Bossman » 16 Nov 2012, 18:55

Dishonored was very good, better than 7.7 but far too short. AC3 was a bit of a letdown and the previous game Revelations was much better.
The Bossman 44

PSN ID: the_bossman222