to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Black Ops 2: The ultimate midnight launch price round-up

Your comments on our articles.

Use our info on deals, events and cover-ups to plan your Call of Duty attack

With Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 mere hours away from its official release many of you will no doubt be planning your launch evening shenanigans.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby illage2 » 12 Nov 2012, 12:55

12:01am is not a midnight launch, it's a 1min past mindnight launch.

I love technicalities :D

LOL @ The Sickies.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby Squall5005 » 12 Nov 2012, 12:58

The Tesco deal is also available online as of today.

The game for £25 when bought with a £25 PSN card. I used the code TDX-WRKT to get an extra £10 off and used my Club Card points. I paid £10.50 in total and got 8% quicdo cashback.
Last edited by Squall5005 on 12 Nov 2012, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
Squall5005 57

PSN ID: Tidus5005
Steam: tidus5005

Postby ensabahnur » 12 Nov 2012, 13:02

Nice to see Game still are the most expensive and with midnight openings people will still be stupid enough to go there to buy it,
should keep their coffers full up till crimbo though and their staff in a job till then.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Re: Black Ops 2: The ultimate midnight launch price round-up

Postby SicParvisMagna » 12 Nov 2012, 13:11

ensabahnur wrote:... and their staff in a job till then.

That's the only reason I sometimes buy from GAME... I know how bad it is to lose a job :(

I'm going to the 12.01am launch! :D Can't wait!

Think I was one of the few who actually really enjoyed the Black Ops 1 story campaign :P
SicParvisMagna 4
New user

Postby TheLastDodo » 12 Nov 2012, 13:14

ensabahnur wrote:Nice to see Game still are the most expensive and with midnight openings people will still be stupid enough to go there to buy it,
should keep their coffers full up till crimbo though and their staff in a job till then.

Also don't Game send staff out to supermarkets to buy up their stock or is that just a rumour?
TheLastDodo 77

Postby El Mag » 12 Nov 2012, 13:26

I saw Game staff in Comet last week buying some consoles in the fire sale that wasn't actually a fire sale it was 10% off at best.

Well, I assume they were Game staff. They smelt of sweat and had a that glassy dead behind the eyes look about them.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 12 Nov 2012, 13:29

I just ordered a copy of the game and £25 psn voucher from tesco for £43 (including delivery). Sell the game for £30 minimum and ive made a nice little bit of money on the psn card which ive wanted for a few weeks
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 74

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19

Postby danhalen74 » 12 Nov 2012, 13:33

i met some funny people at HMV wimbledon for MW3 last time out, i'll be there again tonight
mind you i couldn't get over the fat as f**k little 11 year old turd there with his dad last year
half day booked tomorrow and the missus given orders not to to disturb me for at least one night ;-)
danhalen74 49

Xbox Live: danhalen74

Postby martinawatson » 12 Nov 2012, 13:37

Think I was one of the few who actually really enjoyed the Black Ops 1 story campaign :P[/quote]

No , me too (hand up) i enjoyed the story mode , i reckon this one will be even better , fantastic.
Hey its Martin A , not Martina by the way, cheers
martinawatson 66

Postby Solid Snake UK » 12 Nov 2012, 13:49

Wait a sec......people actually go to these midnight launch's, that's....just sad. I actually feel bad for these people. Why not just wait until morning. Like a normal person :|
I'm no hero, never was, never will be - Solid Snake
Solid Snake UK 28

Xbox Live: Solid Snake UK

Postby illage2 » 12 Nov 2012, 14:07

Solid Snake UK wrote:Wait a sec......people actually go to these midnight launch's, that's....just sad. I actually feel bad for these people. Why not just wait until morning. Like a normal person :|

At the moment for Black Ops 2 a midnight launch is useless because there are people out there who already have the game, in my opinion I think it's an excuse to make someone famous for 5 seconds, as we'll no doubt see a picture of the person who "Supposedly" got the game first.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Postby lifebrink » 12 Nov 2012, 14:14

Solid Snake UK wrote:Wait a sec......people actually go to these midnight launch's, that's....just sad. I actually feel bad for these people. Why not just wait until morning. Like a normal person :|

Last COD i bought was BLOP's, day after the midnight launch (so technically same day). Went to Asda in Leigh, walked stright up to the counter, no queue, asked if they had any blops left which the woman behind the conter replied yeah weve got loads, so I bought a copy... Whole operation took me 5mins from getting out of my car to getting back in

Think the supermarkets do their home work on stock when it comes to game releases these days so no need to panic
Banjaxed:
..a term often used to describe incredible drunkeness. normally used in retrospect however in some prolonged cases of intoxication subjects have been found to admit to being "banjaxed."
lifebrink 62

PSN ID: SunTzu_79

Postby Solid Snake UK » 12 Nov 2012, 14:20

illage2 wrote:

At the moment for Black Ops 2 a midnight launch is useless because there are people out there who already have the game, in my opinion I think it's an excuse to make someone famous for 5 seconds, as we'll no doubt see a picture of the person who "Supposedly" got the game first.

Yeah you always see that one guy at 12.00.01am getting his photo taken while receiving his copy, i've noticed how he is always dressed in 'tacticool' gear aswell, probably ashamned. I know i would be.
I'm no hero, never was, never will be - Solid Snake
Solid Snake UK 28

Xbox Live: Solid Snake UK

Postby richomack360 » 12 Nov 2012, 14:36

Solid Snake UK wrote:Yeah you always see that one guy at 12.00.01am getting his photo taken while receiving his copy, i've noticed how he is always dressed in 'tacticool' gear aswell, probably ashamned. I know i would be.

Bless KK Headcharge, he loves his military shooters :)
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby illage2 » 12 Nov 2012, 14:48

Solid Snake UK

Yeah. No one can get the game first anyway, and to be honest it's not like it matters.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Next