to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Tesco offers special Black Ops 2 event for midnight launch

Your comments on our articles.

Play early and compete for great prizes ahead of Black Ops 2 debut

Black Ops 2, the sequel to 2010's epic special forces shooter, is just four days away now and Tesco is organising a series of special events to celebrate the launch of what many expect to be the biggest game release of this year.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Tesco offers special Black Ops 2 event for midnight launch

Postby HammerVI » 09 Nov 2012, 17:25

Might go to Tesco before I pick up BLOPs2 from ASDA for a low low £33:99 ^_^
[color=#BF0000][b]Awesome Sauce! [/b][/color]
HammerVI 22

Re: Tesco offers special Black Ops 2 event for midnight lau

Postby TheBusterMan » 09 Nov 2012, 17:47

Looks like this has got a silly review embargo on it.Wonder if Tesco have any in store deals?
TheBusterMan 48

Postby a_adji » 09 Nov 2012, 18:28

HammerVI wrote:Might go to Tesco before I pick up BLOPs2 from ASDA for a low low £33:99 ^_^

lol. Very good point.
a_adji 47

Postby allygray69 » 09 Nov 2012, 19:01

Blops 2 is £24.99 in Tesco if bought with 2100 xbox points or £25 PSN voucher
allygray69 57

Xbox Live: GrandTheftAlly
PSN ID: GrandTheftAli
Steam: allygray69

Postby TheBusterMan » 09 Nov 2012, 19:52

allygray69 wrote:Blops 2 is £24.99 in Tesco if bought with 2100 xbox points or £25 PSN voucher

What's your source,mate?
TheBusterMan 48

Postby TheBusterMan » 09 Nov 2012, 20:02

allygray69 wrote:Blops 2 is £24.99 in Tesco if bought with 2100 xbox points or £25 PSN voucher

Yeah,just seen it on Hot UK deals.Good deal.Thanks for the heads up.Doubt my local store will do it,they are awful!
TheBusterMan 48

Postby nintendo is the » 09 Nov 2012, 20:40

It's a decent one. My mate has a Jtag so tests all the games before he decides to go out and buy them. Definitely worth a purchase this time around(and this is coming from someone who has gone against the series over the last 2 years) I hated modern warfare 3. Haven't played a COD game in a year and a half. This one is WELL more violent. You can chop heads, legs and arms off with your knife. Kind of comical actually. perks work well. They stole my idea of being able to have 2 perks in the same list of perks. :P
There's a page missing!!! Yeah, I thought of that. Perhaps that was the most important part!!
nintendo is the 51

Xbox Live: ian the bassist

Postby TheBusterMan » 09 Nov 2012, 22:31

nintendo is the wrote:It's a decent one. My mate has a Jtag so tests all the games before he decides to go out and buy them. Definitely worth a purchase this time around(and this is coming from someone who has gone against the series over the last 2 years) I hated modern warfare 3. Haven't played a COD game in a year and a half. This one is WELL more violent. You can chop heads, legs and arms off with your knife. Kind of comical actually. perks work well. They stole my idea of being able to have 2 perks in the same list of perks. :P

Yeah MW3 was horrible,even Captain Price couldn't save it! The MP felt tired,the maps bland.I do like the original Black Ops for a quick blast.COD World at war had great maps,but it's unplayable,thanks to the hacks now.COD 4 was great,too.COD 2 had a good campaign,maybe the best campaign of all the CODs.
TheBusterMan 48

Postby RustySpoon80 » 10 Nov 2012, 12:20

HammerVI wrote:Might go to Tesco before I pick up BLOPs2 from ASDA for a low low £33:99 ^_^

Is that confirmed?
I want to see which supermarket offers the best deal. But my £36 of nectar points might make the decision for me.
RustySpoon80 56

Postby bamozzy » 10 Nov 2012, 14:55

Already have my copy....
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 66

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 11 Nov 2012, 00:24

bamozzy wrote:Already have my copy....

Really?
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 11 Nov 2012, 00:25

Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby bamozzy » 11 Nov 2012, 09:58

Mmmmgrolsch wrote:

Really?

Yes! I pre-ordered from Amazon and it was delivered on 10th. Servers are up too so I have had a few hours of playing the MP and a quick look at the 2 Nuketown maps (Zombies and 2025)

Early indications are looking very good - 1-2 issues with the servers and a few updates (tweaks). It feels more like Black Ops than Modern Warfare. Maps look very good (of course I am only comparing with previous CoD games). My only criticism of the MP is that score streaks are NOT assigned to Class (like in MW3) and so this feels a little like a step back however I much prefer the 'score' streak system to 'kill' streak as this rewards the player for ALL in game efforts The 'Slayers' will have to work very hard to get enough Kills for the big rewards but those that play objectively will get the rewards easier (but then they are putting themselves in the firing line more and probably more responsible for the team winning matches!). However everything else seems much more 'polished'. Quick Scoping is possible but it isn't easy and I can't see to many running around the map using their sniper rifle like a shotgun (you are always going to get some that will try!) Camping isn't recommended as you won't get your score streaks as easily and there are so many counters (sights that show, perks that don't work - like ghost etc).

I haven't tried the Campaign yet or played 'Zombies' online - Just had a quick look at it offline! I must say that the Graphics have impressed me too and they are certainly better than the screenshots and videos. Whilst I will say they may not be in the same league as some games (uncharted, BF3) they are certainly the best I have ever seen in a CoD game. Even the level of detail in the maps is better than in any previous game (inc. DLC).

I know it is still early but I think this certainly has the potential to be the best CoD game to date. Early impression though is very good!
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 66

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby theholyone » 11 Nov 2012, 17:12

£31.47 from tesco with the £5 off offer and another little discount I can rely on.
theholyone 49

Postby beastie » 11 Nov 2012, 18:17

Tesco did do the £24.99 and 2100MS points deal last year, so no reason why they won't this year too...I hope

played the game for a couple of weeks solid and traded it in for £30 :D
though hope this one will be better than MW3, looks to be a keeper anyway.
beastie 53

Next