to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

New 7 minute Nintendo Land video shows gameplay

Your comments on our articles.

Japanese video runs through each mini-game

A video has emerged online showing footage of each mini-game that will feature in Nintendo Land, one of the Wii U's day one titles.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

New 7 minute Nintendo Land video shows gameplay

Postby Danukily » 09 Nov 2012, 01:33

Well it certainly looks colourfull and upbeat...erm and fun. Yes that's right, fun, for aaaaaalllll the family. It's got classic written all over it. In crayon.
Danukily 32

Re: New 7 minute Nintendo Land video shows gameplay

Postby toaplan » 09 Nov 2012, 11:03

Some of those mini-games should be mildly entertaining on multiplayer, Luigi's Ghost Hunt and Animal Crossing in particular. Out of the single-player mini-games, Donkey Kong and the Shuriken throwing game are the only ones I'd like to try. The Donkey Kong game would be perfect for the ipad (with a price tag of 0,89 euros).

Overall, it looks disappointing and makes Wii Sports look really good in comparison. And my initial thought after watching the video was: perhaps Kinect Sports and Sports Champions weren't that bad after all. But still, I want to give Nintendoland a try on the GamePad at some point to see if things improve then.
Last edited by toaplan on 09 Nov 2012, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
toaplan 73

Postby goggy » 09 Nov 2012, 12:56

Having played it at a recent event, I can honestly say I can't wait for it to come out. Had such a blast playing with my bro and my two boys.

The gamepad is really comfortable to hold, and quite surprised at how bright and clear the screen is.

Had a go on Rayman, project wonderful, Mario, nintendoland, tank tank tank, tekken....so good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 50

Postby Balladeer » 10 Nov 2012, 10:14

This was never going to be a game that looked good from videos, screenshots or incredibly ill-advised E3 walkthroughs. As for whether it looks good from a hands-on play?

...I'll need a hands-on play for that.
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby stealth » 10 Nov 2012, 13:18

seems fun
stealth 47