to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time' - A

Your comments on our articles.

Pre-orders continue to track ahead of Modern Warfare 3

Activision believes Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has the potential to become the best-selling game of all time.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time' - A

Postby gnokgnik » 08 Nov 2012, 12:03

Sweet for Acti... and I also look forward to do some runnin' and gunnin' in BLOPS2 after getting 10th prestige in MW3 and a month off from playing now. :-)
User avatar
gnokgnik 51
 
Posts: 474
Joined: 23 Jan 2009, 19:01
Location: Norway

Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time' - A

Postby nologo » 08 Nov 2012, 12:06

no..no..no...
because clowns buy this cr@p.. they have no need to put effort in.
they probably spend more on marketing than actual development.

getting retards from the only way is Essex to tweet about the release party..
psn: zell71
wow server: Vashj-EU
Jetsetwilly Gnome Warrior
User avatar
nologo 47
 
Posts: 905
Joined: 30 Mar 2007, 14:48
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 08 Nov 2012, 12:14

nologo wrote:no..no..no...
because clowns buy this cr@p.. they have no need to put effort in.
they probably spend more on marketing than actual development.

getting retards from the only way is Essex to tweet about the release party..


Why are people clowns for buying something they enjoy?, get off your pedastle mate not everything in life has to be materially different just to suit the needs of a minority.
Image

Image
User avatar
KK-Headcharge78 62
 
Posts: 5330
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 13:47
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby Bambis Dad » 08 Nov 2012, 12:23

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:
nologo wrote:no..no..no...
because clowns buy this cr@p.. they have no need to put effort in.
they probably spend more on marketing than actual development.

getting retards from the only way is Essex to tweet about the release party..


Why are people clowns for buying something they enjoy?, get off your pedastle mate not everything in life has to be materially different just to suit the needs of a minority.

Is it because back in the day this would have been a half price expansion pack and not a full retail release? I have no problem with people wanting this but I do think that fans of the series give Activision such an easy time by lapping it up.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
User avatar
Bambis Dad 52
 
Posts: 2402
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 11:25

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Nov 2012, 12:30

Image

I've nothing useful to add but everyone likes pictures of cats.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
User avatar
FishyGinger 69
 
Posts: 4669
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 11:24

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby gnokgnik » 08 Nov 2012, 12:39

Why don't the COD haters just zip it and go back to what ever it is they love? (Maybe the greatly innovative FIFA's coming out "every week").
User avatar
gnokgnik 51
 
Posts: 474
Joined: 23 Jan 2009, 19:01
Location: Norway

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby WingZeroSys » 08 Nov 2012, 12:42

I've played every COD released and buy them for the SP Campaign (like 90% of the games I get), if that makes me retarded then so be it.


It's true acti, ea, capcom and ubi only think about the sales and money (like they all do), but I like some of their games.
Last edited by WingZeroSys on 08 Nov 2012, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no hero, never was, never will be, I'm just an old killer, hired to do a little wet work. sOLiD Snake, MGS4.
WingZeroSys 51
 
Posts: 827
Joined: 18 Nov 2009, 16:03
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby WingZeroSys » 08 Nov 2012, 12:47

What about all the yearly sports games and NFS? COD is made by two devs so it seems it's a yearly released game but in actual fact it takes longer than a year to make them.

If only one dev made it then it'll be out every two years.
I'm no hero, never was, never will be, I'm just an old killer, hired to do a little wet work. sOLiD Snake, MGS4.
WingZeroSys 51
 
Posts: 827
Joined: 18 Nov 2009, 16:03
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 08 Nov 2012, 12:49

Meh, I wont be buying it. I was a series veteran, having played the COD series since day 1 launch back when it was a pc only title, however im sick of the direction the series has gone, tired of the constant updates/sequels/expansions and frankly cant be doing with the little s**t heads that inhabit the online aspect of the game.
Image
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
User avatar
DAEDALUS79 74
 
Posts: 15902
Joined: 01 Oct 2006, 13:00
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby budge » 08 Nov 2012, 12:50

WingZeroSys wrote:I've played every COD released and buy them for the SP Campaign (like 90% of the games I get), if that makes me retarded then so be it.


It's true acti, ea and ubi only think about the sales and money (like they all do), but I like some of their games.


Can't get any fairer than that to be honest. :)
Los Rojiblancos
User avatar
budge 66
 
Posts: 4319
Joined: 18 Mar 2008, 10:51
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby MisterBedo » 08 Nov 2012, 12:52

'My Heart Will Go On' sold 15 million copies.

Just saying....
GT: MrBedo
I gave Brucie the goat at Twickenham.
User avatar
MisterBedo 64
 
Posts: 2378
Joined: 08 Jun 2006, 11:28
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby bamozzy » 08 Nov 2012, 13:06

I have had a copy of this pre-ordered for months and actually upgraded mine to the Hardened Edition when they announced that! Black Ops is regarded as one of the best Call of Duty games and Black Ops 2 is looking like it will be even better. The Campaign format has changed, Zombies has been expanded on and the MP (by all accounts) is great fun to play.

Personally can't wait!

Nice to see the 'Haters' have started there usual monotonously boring comments having not actually played a CoD game (or if they did had there asses kicked as they are far to slow!). Me? I would never criticise a game I have not played or have no intention of playing! and If I did it would at least be based on fact!
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

Image

Image
User avatar
bamozzy 65
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 13:39
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby KilltheWabbit » 08 Nov 2012, 13:27

Don't understand why people pre-order this, one of the big supermarkets will do it for £25 in the opening week as they have done for all COD's in recent years. If they don't this year for some reason then you just buy it as normal, its not like they are going to run out of stock.

I know pre-orders often arrive a day early but would rather save £15-20 and wait 24 hours.
Image
User avatar
KilltheWabbit 48
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 08 Nov 2012, 12:44
PSN ID: Jhizzle1984

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby Smelly Cheese » 08 Nov 2012, 13:41

KilltheWabbit wrote:Don't understand why people pre-order this, one of the big supermarkets will do it for £25 in the opening week as they have done for all COD's in recent years. If they don't this year for some reason then you just buy it as normal, its not like they are going to run out of stock.

I know pre-orders often arrive a day early but would rather save £15-20 and wait 24 hours.


I pre-ordered from Tesco using two online vouchers from http://www.hotukdeals.com/ and got the game for £25 delivered (possibly early like you say). So that is why people pre-order mate - to get a good price without leaving the house on launch day!
Smelly Cheese 49
 
Posts: 95
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 14:35
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby lifebrink » 08 Nov 2012, 13:44

Me? I would never criticise a game I have not played or have no intention of playing! and If I did it would at least be based on fact!


I agree that people should be less hasty to critise the game even though it hasnt been released yet, but how can you defend it without it being released?

All we can go on off is there last game and MW3 wasnt that good! A die hard fan of COD who I work with also said that MW3 was wank... he even said it pained him to admit it!

Its as fair for us to slate it as it is as fair for you too defend it!

If it tunrs out to be an awesome game then I will be happy for you and even buy it and play.... for that to happen tho BLOP2 will have to be something special for me to get it
Banjaxed:
..a term often used to describe incredible drunkeness. normally used in retrospect however in some prolonged cases of intoxication subjects have been found to admit to being "banjaxed."
User avatar
lifebrink 61
 
Posts: 522
Joined: 06 May 2011, 17:52
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: SunTzu_79

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CassadyJ, Google Adsense [Bot], nb_nmare2 and 13 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]