to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time' - A

Your comments on our articles.

Pre-orders continue to track ahead of Modern Warfare 3

Activision believes Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has the potential to become the best-selling game of all time.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby gnokgnik » 08 Nov 2012, 12:03

Sweet for Acti... and I also look forward to do some runnin' and gunnin' in BLOPS2 after getting 10th prestige in MW3 and a month off from playing now. :-)
gnokgnik 51

Postby nologo » 08 Nov 2012, 12:06

no..no..no...
because clowns buy this cr@p.. they have no need to put effort in.
they probably spend more on marketing than actual development.

getting retards from the only way is Essex to tweet about the release party..
psn: zell71
wow server: Vashj-EU
Jetsetwilly Gnome Warrior
nologo 47

Re: Black Ops 2 'could be the best-selling game of all time'

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 08 Nov 2012, 12:14

nologo wrote:no..no..no...

Why are people clowns for buying something they enjoy?, get off your pedastle mate not everything in life has to be materially different just to suit the needs of a minority.

KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby Bambis Dad » 08 Nov 2012, 12:23

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:
nologo wrote:no..no..no...

Why are people clowns for buying something they enjoy?, get off your pedastle mate not everything in life has to be materially different just to suit the needs of a minority.

Is it because back in the day this would have been a half price expansion pack and not a full retail release? I have no problem with people wanting this but I do think that fans of the series give Activision such an easy time by lapping it up.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Nov 2012, 12:30

I've nothing useful to add but everyone likes pictures of cats.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 69

Postby gnokgnik » 08 Nov 2012, 12:39

Why don't the COD haters just zip it and go back to what ever it is they love? (Maybe the greatly innovative FIFA's coming out "every week").
gnokgnik 51

Postby WingZeroSys » 08 Nov 2012, 12:42

I've played every COD released and buy them for the SP Campaign (like 90% of the games I get), if that makes me retarded then so be it.

It's true acti, ea, capcom and ubi only think about the sales and money (like they all do), but I like some of their games.
Last edited by WingZeroSys on 08 Nov 2012, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no hero, never was, never will be, I'm just an old killer, hired to do a little wet work. sOLiD Snake, MGS4.
WingZeroSys 51

Postby WingZeroSys » 08 Nov 2012, 12:47

What about all the yearly sports games and NFS? COD is made by two devs so it seems it's a yearly released game but in actual fact it takes longer than a year to make them.

If only one dev made it then it'll be out every two years.
I'm no hero, never was, never will be, I'm just an old killer, hired to do a little wet work. sOLiD Snake, MGS4.
WingZeroSys 51

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 08 Nov 2012, 12:49

Meh, I wont be buying it. I was a series veteran, having played the COD series since day 1 launch back when it was a pc only title, however im sick of the direction the series has gone, tired of the constant updates/sequels/expansions and frankly cant be doing with the little s**t heads that inhabit the online aspect of the game.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 74

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19

Postby budge » 08 Nov 2012, 12:50

WingZeroSys wrote:I've played every COD released and buy them for the SP Campaign (like 90% of the games I get), if that makes me retarded then so be it.

It's true acti, ea and ubi only think about the sales and money (like they all do), but I like some of their games.

Can't get any fairer than that to be honest. :)
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby MisterBedo » 08 Nov 2012, 12:52

'My Heart Will Go On' sold 15 million copies.

Just saying....
GT: MrBedo
I gave Brucie the goat at Twickenham.
MisterBedo 64

Postby bamozzy » 08 Nov 2012, 13:06

I have had a copy of this pre-ordered for months and actually upgraded mine to the Hardened Edition when they announced that! Black Ops is regarded as one of the best Call of Duty games and Black Ops 2 is looking like it will be even better. The Campaign format has changed, Zombies has been expanded on and the MP (by all accounts) is great fun to play.

Personally can't wait!

Nice to see the 'Haters' have started there usual monotonously boring comments having not actually played a CoD game (or if they did had there asses kicked as they are far to slow!). Me? I would never criticise a game I have not played or have no intention of playing! and If I did it would at least be based on fact!
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 65

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby KilltheWabbit » 08 Nov 2012, 13:27

Don't understand why people pre-order this, one of the big supermarkets will do it for £25 in the opening week as they have done for all COD's in recent years. If they don't this year for some reason then you just buy it as normal, its not like they are going to run out of stock.

I know pre-orders often arrive a day early but would rather save £15-20 and wait 24 hours.
KilltheWabbit 48

PSN ID: Jhizzle1984

Postby Smelly Cheese » 08 Nov 2012, 13:41

KilltheWabbit wrote:Don't understand why people pre-order this, one of the big supermarkets will do it for £25 in the opening week as they have done for all COD's in recent years. If they don't this year for some reason then you just buy it as normal, its not like they are going to run out of stock.

I know pre-orders often arrive a day early but would rather save £15-20 and wait 24 hours.

I pre-ordered from Tesco using two online vouchers from http://www.hotukdeals.com/ and got the game for £25 delivered (possibly early like you say). So that is why people pre-order mate - to get a good price without leaving the house on launch day!
Smelly Cheese 49

Postby lifebrink » 08 Nov 2012, 13:44

Me? I would never criticise a game I have not played or have no intention of playing! and If I did it would at least be based on fact!

I agree that people should be less hasty to critise the game even though it hasnt been released yet, but how can you defend it without it being released?

All we can go on off is there last game and MW3 wasnt that good! A die hard fan of COD who I work with also said that MW3 was wank... he even said it pained him to admit it!

Its as fair for us to slate it as it is as fair for you too defend it!

If it tunrs out to be an awesome game then I will be happy for you and even buy it and play.... for that to happen tho BLOP2 will have to be something special for me to get it
Banjaxed:
..a term often used to describe incredible drunkeness. normally used in retrospect however in some prolonged cases of intoxication subjects have been found to admit to being "banjaxed."
lifebrink 61

PSN ID: SunTzu_79

Next