Medal of Honor Warfighter DLC: Zero Dark Thirty flyover trai

Your comments on our articles.

Check out upcoming multiplayer maps Darra Gun Market and Chitral Compound

EA has released a new Medal of Honor: Warfighter trailer showing off the upcoming Zero Dark Thirty DLC.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Medal of Honor Warfighter DLC: Zero Dark Thirty flyover trai

Postby Ali_ » 06 Nov 2012, 15:51

Free? EA? Are you sure?!!!
Ali_ 58

Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter DLC: Zero Dark Thirty flyover

Postby murph_77 » 06 Nov 2012, 16:35

My optimism for this game was so high, I got it, played on the MP and I am once again disappointed. The hit detection is awful and it seems they got Frostbite 2 Lite because there is no destructible environments even to a point where you cannot shoot someone through a bloody fence. This is the last time I waste any money on a FPS game other than CoD which is also getting a tad boring. On the note of this article I am not really bothered about this DLC because of the aforementioned.
murph_77 45

Postby KMakawa » 06 Nov 2012, 17:24

murph_77 wrote:My optimism for this game was so high, I got it, played on the MP and I am once again disappointed. The hit detection is awful and it seems they got Frostbite 2 Lite because there is no destructible environments even to a point where you cannot shoot someone through a bloody fence. This is the last time I waste any money on a FPS game other than CoD which is also getting a tad boring. On the note of this article I am not really bothered about this DLC because of the aforementioned.

Ah yes, because you can definitely have full destruction and shooting through things within a COD title. I'll revisit this in a few years and it will still be that same case.

In any case MOH has been hit a bit harder, purely because it has the Frostbite label stuck on it and that then means "Omg, its going to have super destruction, its going to be EPIC!" -- thats not always the case - 1) Not all frostbite games will be Battlefield-level, 2) Medal of Honor has never, and probably will never be about that either.

I still believe the story is one of the best we have seen for a first-person-military shooter in quite some years. Multiplayer has issues, but every other multiplayer does at launch.

People wanted more height/v-combat in MOH Warfighter, devs now make it possible with this DLC pack.. I guess one step at a time maybe.

For Danger Close to make a multiplayer portion for a FPS game with 5 years of inactivity - and to create this, is a mighty fine achievement.
Community Coordinator.
Artist & Website Designer.
KMakawa 65
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: T0TAL fps
Steam: T0TALfps
xFire: iArctic

Postby FishyGinger » 06 Nov 2012, 17:31

murph_77 wrote:This is the last time I waste any money on a FPS game other than CoD which is also getting a tad boring.

Good way to limit yourself there. There are more than just modern day military shooters out there.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby sibear » 06 Nov 2012, 17:58

I haven't bought it or played it myself but there has to be something in the endless stream of tweets I see every day saying how the campaign is one of the best people have ever played. It is one thing to say a game that you have bought is great when you are defensive about your purchase but people going out of their way to thank DC for such a great game in a non-forum environment makes me wonder if it was reviewed very, very unfairly. I will rent it and see for myself.
sibear 47

Postby Ali_ » 06 Nov 2012, 23:45

I'm really enjoying the multiplayer. It's far more important to play tactically and as a team than the Rambo meets hacker tactics of CoD these days. If you do play like CoD, you'll die, pretty much all the time. It's far closer to GRAW or Rainbow Six. A slower and more carefully considered online that ISN'T trying to be CoD or, indeed, Battlefield. And I had to laugh at anyone criticising a game for hit detection and then holding CoD up as a good example! :lol:
Ali_ 58

Postby Ali_ » 06 Nov 2012, 23:48

sibear wrote:I haven't bought it or played it myself but there has to be something in the endless stream of tweets I see every day saying how the campaign is one of the best people have ever played. It is one thing to say a game that you have bought is great when you are defensive about your purchase but people going out of their way to thank DC for such a great game in a non-forum environment makes me wonder if it was reviewed very, very unfairly. I will rent it and see for myself.

The criticism seems to stem from two sides. Firstly, that reviewers are becoming too jaded by the constant stream of military FPSs and decided to make MoH a target for their ire (can't criticise Cod after all, that might lose them viewers/readers). Secondly, because they all decided it was a Cod copycat BEFORE playing it then reviewed it on that basis and marked it down for not being like CoD, which is an amazing display of idiocy.
Ali_ 58