Gran Turismo franchise nears 68 million sales

Your comments on our articles.

2001's Gran Turismo 3 A-spec is comfortably the best-selling series entry

Sony's flagship PlayStation racing franchise Gran Turismo is approaching 68 million lifetime sales.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Gran Turismo franchise nears 68 million sales

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 06 Nov 2012, 15:14

Funny because GT3 A-spec was the last game in the series worth buying. Gran Turismo is a joke now, GT5 was a complete and utter mess of a game.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Re: Gran Turismo franchise nears 68 million sales

Postby dwhlufc » 06 Nov 2012, 15:16

Amazing numbers when you consider how average the last two games have been.
dwhlufc 76

Postby ginge51 » 06 Nov 2012, 15:21

DAEDALUS79 wrote:Funny because GT3 A-spec was the last game in the series worth buying. Gran Turismo is a joke now, GT5 was a complete and utter mess of a game.

You are full of s**t, how the f**k did you come to that conclusion?
I have the gam,e but hardly play it these days and there's absoluting nothing wrong with it.
Stop whining, it's your fault you are s**t at the game.
ginge51 15

Postby FishyGinger » 06 Nov 2012, 15:25

This person is in no way related to me before anyone asks....
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby dwhlufc » 06 Nov 2012, 15:26

:lol: I think he needs to look up the word, opinion.
dwhlufc 76

Postby Mobius01 » 06 Nov 2012, 15:47

ginge51 wrote:
DAEDALUS79 wrote:Funny because GT3 A-spec was the last game in the series worth buying. Gran Turismo is a joke now, GT5 was a complete and utter mess of a game.

You are full of s**t, how the f**k did you come to that conclusion?
I have the gam,e but hardly play it these days and there's absoluting nothing wrong with it.
Stop whining, it's your fault you are s**t at the game.

Mobius01 50

Steam: mobius01

Postby toaplan » 06 Nov 2012, 15:51

I hope they'll save GT6 for PS4 - it could be a system-seller. GT5 is a little underwhelming graphically, so it leaves plenty of room for a big graphical upgrade for 6. The handling in GT5 is as ace as ever. Some have complained about the opponent A.I and some other aspects of the racing, but they haven't been big issues for me, since I've tended to play mostly time trials in GT5. Just trying to achieve a fast lap with a difficult-to-handle car like the F40 on a track like Suzuka without any of the driving assists on, can be strangely addictive.
toaplan 75

Postby veato » 06 Nov 2012, 15:51

dwhlufc wrote::lol: I think he needs to look up the word, opinion.

And the phrase Nerd Rage

FWIW I have GT5 (playing on a Logitech G27) and the handling of the cars is sublime. I also agree with the widely held opinion that update 2.0 made a lot of improvements. On the whole though I find it's not a particularly polished game with far too many low res cars, terrible graphics in places, lack of focussed career mode and too many Skylines.

For me my favourite version was GT2 running on Dreamcast via Bleem! and running on a PC monitor via a VGA output.
What I'm Playing Most: Ni No Kuni (PS3) / Titanfall (XBO) / Kerbal Space Program (Mac/PC) / Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

BLOG
veato 49

Xbox Live: veato
PSN ID: veato666
Steam: veato

Postby Nimron Tang » 06 Nov 2012, 15:56

What are your feelings on Forza? (don't like driving games, I like being able to get out of the car when I feel like lamping a bobby with a baseball bat or pushing a fat bloke into busy traffic)
It's just a ride.
Nimron Tang 49

PSN ID: Smittypig

Postby Agent75 » 06 Nov 2012, 15:59

Totally agree with Turismo 3, it is the best in the series. The first one was a decent attempt, given the fact that it was on the PS. Turismo 4 was also decent, but it looked a little unfinished and it didn't play as well as Turismo 3. As for Turismo 5, Sony knows it cocked it up. The graphics showed its age even before it was released, the gameplay can be terrible at times. Can't see Turismo 6 on the PS3, so they need to get it right on the PS4. I'd say the worst in the series was on the PSP which didn't even have a championship mode. But looking at all the racers there's ever been, they all have their faults. Maybe one day there will be a true racing game. Going back to Turismo 3, it still holds up well.
Agent75 49

Postby budge » 06 Nov 2012, 16:21

I've enjoyed them all in their time. GT5 had its faults but the cars' handling were spot on and there were some outstanding tracks. In a good lobby with 15 other good and fair drivers, the game was brilliant!
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 06 Nov 2012, 16:34

Good numbers for a game that peaked last gen (IN MY OPINION- got that ginge51?) After it's initial blast onto the scene, looking amazing, true sim qualities it never really moved on, too long and drawn out, too anal and proof if it were needed that super shiny graphics cannot hold an average game up for long.

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby StonecoldMC » 06 Nov 2012, 16:48

In my best Scouse accent, calm down calm down calm down.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 06 Nov 2012, 16:57

You know in the scouse edition of GT none of the cars had wheels.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 06 Nov 2012, 17:05

What are your feelings on Forza? (don't like driving games, I like being able to get out of the car when I feel like lamping a bobby with a baseball bat or pushing a fat bloke into busy traffic)

Ive only ever played Forza 2 but I did enjoy that game, although more for the car customisation than anything else, wasted many an hour making custom paint jobs for cars (actually had one posted in a CVG article as a competition they ran back in the day). As for the game, well it was good but to be honest I prefer games like PGR that have some realistic elements compared to 'hardcore' (use that term lightly before the GTR PC fan boys mob me) racers like GT and Forza.

But to qualify my statement about GT5 being a mess; it took way too long to make, was shipped half finished and the product itself was on a level similar to Forza 2 both technically and gameplay wise, this was mere months before Forza 3 was released. Considering how big the release was meant to be, GT5 was a complete joke.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Next