Remember Me interview: 'How stupid is this industry to only

Your comments on our articles.

Jean-Maxime Moris on sci-fi, social networking and 'men with guns'...

If the promise of a new IP at this late stage in the console cycle wasn't reason enough to generate interest in Remember Me, recently-released gameplay footage suggests it will be a unique experience.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Remember Me interview: 'How stupid is this industry to only

Postby Imaduck » 04 Nov 2012, 19:11

Yuck, French.
Imaduck 58

Re: Remember Me interview: 'How stupid is this industry to o

Postby JustOneMoreGo » 04 Nov 2012, 19:20

Been following this since I first heard about it as it looks quite interesting. Far more interesting than a lot of the crap that so many are excited about at this time.
stealth wrote:I post facts...
JustOneMoreGo 33

Postby Down with robots » 04 Nov 2012, 21:57

Stereotypes sell, simple as that.
Down with robots 52

Postby budge » 04 Nov 2012, 23:29

I'll be keeping my eye on this because it does sound different, looking forward to more news on CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 too.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67

Postby luttman23 » 05 Nov 2012, 01:44

French? Well okay, let's give it a chance, it does sounds interesting, let's see what they have to say.
Remember Me is a story driven linear experience

Merd.
Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories. -Polybius
luttman23 47

Xbox Live: Xen Withanex
PSN ID: luttman23
Steam: luttman23

Postby MrPirtniw » 05 Nov 2012, 02:50

You mean she's a tough, individual, sexy heroine in tight clothing? Because that's never been done before. :mrgreen:

I'm intrigued by this game but what I've seen hasn't really blown me away just yet.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw

Postby JPTiger » 05 Nov 2012, 04:40

Down with robots wrote:Stereotypes sell, simple as that.

And therefore, from what you said, no one has any choice when it comes to making games. A generic shooter with blood, or a generic 3d action climbing game, or a generic sports game. Cause as you say, those games sell.
JPTiger 46

Postby LedBetter » 05 Nov 2012, 08:20

Imaduck wrote:Yuck, French.

Yuck, stereotypical red-neck American.
LedBetter 13

Postby tekplyrx » 05 Nov 2012, 08:30

If we were still on the SNES I would be happy to do games for it. I fully respect technology and the people behind it, but we often mistake technology for art. One day we'll reach a point where the uncanny valley has been crossed. There will be a point where photo realism has been reached and AI will be perfect, then we'll look back and say: "Okay it's just like the real world - what now?" What we'll try and create is interesting experiences - immersive, fun games - but I had that on my Gameboy. I always work with what we have and that's fine by me.

So glad to hear a developer make this statement unlike sites like CVG that keep on trying to shove the idea that the current console generation is "old" and it's time for the next gen.
tekplyrx 40

Postby Fr33Kye » 05 Nov 2012, 08:36

LedBetter wrote:
Imaduck wrote:Yuck, French.

Yuck, stereotypical red-neck American.

....I didn't know he was american....

I'm not liking this guy so far. Seems very far up his own ass. He's too into being some brave pioneer and i'm already beginning to dislike him. Shut the f**k up about how great it is that you are making a female character and how pathetic everyone else is for not doing the same and just make a female character that doesnt suck.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby Imaduck » 05 Nov 2012, 10:02

I'm not a yank Led you pillock :lol: Oh yeah welcome to the site :roll:

I was taking the p**s, but ... sort of not really. I can't stand French attitudes or the language in general, it just kind of clashes with me. That's just me dude. I know in todays PC world you're supposed to agree with everyone and find everything "equally acceptable", but I prefer a bit of spice. Anyone who has a problem with that can get f**ked.
Will keep an eye on this, just a bit put off by the high horse "we're so standout and PC" act. Less talk more action and we'll see when it's done.

I'm in Northern Ireland by the way :wink:
Imaduck 58

Postby mattdark » 05 Nov 2012, 10:56

MrPirtniw wrote:You mean she's a tough, individual, sexy heroine in tight clothing? Because that's never been done before. :mrgreen:

I'm intrigued by this game but what I've seen hasn't really blown me away just yet.

I know, she's hardly an original character type, and its certainly not the first time weve seen a mixed-race hero.

Im in the same boat right now. I think it looks nice, but it hasnt really swayed me just yet. As much as he says he wants this to avoid stereotypes, it looks and feels like alot of other action adventure games out there.
PSN - MattDark86
Currently playing;
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
- Hyrule Warriors
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
mattdark 54

PSN ID: MattDark86

Postby SavageEvil » 05 Nov 2012, 18:24

I think developers who have time to talk about pointless things must have a AAA game on their hands. Honestly I hate all this talk as if you are doing something so revolutionary that it has never been done before or on such a grand scale, but nope, just another guy talking about how is supremely athletically built woman with perfect proportions with the ability to kick mens asses even if they severly outweigh her and clad in heavy armor...nope, never ever seen that before. Shut up and make the game compelling and fun to play, else get lost in the tons of disposable garbage games already out.
SavageEvil 51

Postby cowboybibop » 06 Nov 2012, 18:55

luttman23 wrote:French? Well okay, let's give it a chance, it does sounds interesting, let's see what they have to say.
Remember Me is a story driven linear experience

Merd.

It's a funny comment... but a stupid one.

Is a story-driven game a s**tty one? Please go play Uncharted or some of those good old point n' click games (Grim fandango comes to mind) and then come back to answer me.
cowboybibop 32