Fuse interview: 'We're combining co-op with crazy hi-tech we

Your comments on our articles.

Insomniac's Ted Price and Brian Allgeier blow their Fuse...

With six years of Resistance development under their belts with Sony, Insomniac are beginning a fresh stage in company history with a new IP - the project known at E3 2011 as Overkill is now called Fuse.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Fuse interview: 'We're combining co-op with crazy hi-tech we

Postby Legend Turtle » 04 Nov 2012, 01:31

This has a fair way to go to convince me.

I think it could do with with a better explanation of what it is trying to do. Ratchet and clank is one thing; a serious shooter is another, the two do not naturally mix to make something interesting. Great weapons may save it though, but it needs to be good throughout.
Bureaucrat Conrad, you are technically correct -- the best kind of correct.

Guards! Bring me the forms I need to fill out to have her taken away!
Legend Turtle 44

Re: Fuse interview: 'We're combining co-op with crazy hi-tec

Postby TerrorK » 04 Nov 2012, 04:46

This game is a perfect example of what's wrong with the gaming industry today and what happens when companies like EA get their mitts on a game. Overkill had a lot of potential: it had character and charm, and seemed interesting and even quirky in a Borderlands meets Team Fortress 2 kind of way. Fuse has stripped all of that away for another generic-looking, gritty and grey shooter aimed at the CoD and Battlefield 3 market.

Just go to Youtube and watch the original Overkill trailer and then immediately watch the Fuse one after it. That alone proves my point more than words every could. What a God-damned waste of what could have been something really interesting.
TerrorK 57