to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Vanquish headed to US PS Store next week

Your comments on our articles.

Platinum Games shooter gets digital release

Platinum Games' robot shooter Vanquish will be getting a digital release via the US PlayStation store two years after its retail debut.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Vanquish headed to US PS Store next week

Postby koimaster » 02 Nov 2012, 21:18

one game I just dont have the skill or patience to platinum
koimaster 34

Re: Vanquish headed to US PS Store next week

Postby Fr33Kye » 02 Nov 2012, 21:22

I don't think i've ever platinum'd a game. But i might platinum this game. Because...it's made by platinum. Also it's fantastic! I just want more vanquish but i'm okay if this is it for the ip.
Fr33Kye 69

Postby BeansOnToast » 03 Nov 2012, 14:30

Vanquish is one of my favourite current gen games and even though I've finished it I keep going back for a quick blast now and again.

I sort of hope it stays as a one-off game though, rather than having the possibility of being let down by dodgy sequels. We'll see though. :|
BeansOnToast 29

Postby Ali_ » 04 Nov 2012, 13:56

They're doing it all wrong. If you're releasing a game on PS Store, the correct procedure is to charge £20 more than RRP for it for no discernible benefit.
Ali_ 54

Postby dwhlufc » 04 Nov 2012, 13:59

There's no mention of ps price unless this is that highly rated action game Sony said they'd secured for ps+ members?

Think I might play this through again on hard, doubt ill complete it though. :lol:

dwhlufc 74

Postby Funkymonk » 04 Nov 2012, 21:07

BeansOnToast wrote:Vanquish is one of my favourite current gen games and even though I've finished it I keep going back for a quick blast now and again.

I sort of hope it stays as a one-off game though, rather than having the possibility of being let down by dodgy sequels. We'll see though. :|

With the word of mouth from fans these last couple of years plus the lower price, maybe it will sell better this time. And if it does, who knows, we may even get a sequel. Here's hoping! :wink:
Funkymonk 31

Postby liveswired » 05 Nov 2012, 00:35

I'd like to add that Vanquish has been my favourite shooter on the ps3 this generation bar none. Excellent presentation, style, sound, gameplay and challenge.
^_* ^_^
liveswired 49

PSN ID: liveswired
Wii Code: 3DS 4081-5530-7050
Steam: liveswired