to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Demented design: Hands-on with Dead Space 3 co-op

Your comments on our articles.

Visceral puts the psyche in psychological horror

Dead Space 3's asymmetrical co-op drove us mental. As we buddied up with a Visceral developer during a recent hands-on, bundled into our warmest RIG (Resource Integration Gear) and set a course for some bitingly cold fringe world, we started to seriously question reality.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Demented design: Hands-on with Dead Space 3 co-op

Postby illage2 » 02 Nov 2012, 15:42

The game still looks good though, might be worth getting.

I really enjoyed Dead Space 2, so hopefully I'll enjoy this installment.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Re: Demented design: Hands-on with Dead Space 3 co-op

Postby FishyGinger » 02 Nov 2012, 15:49

Sounds genuinely interesting. I think I must have been one of the few who didn't write this off straight away and so far it's looked good. Just hope the final product can match the previews.

Oh and for some balance, f*ck EA.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby nathar » 08 Nov 2012, 17:26

Looks like a good console title
nathar 47

Postby flash501 » 08 Nov 2012, 18:00

You know, I'm slowly starting to be won over by this. I don't for one second expect it to be as good as the brilliant first game, but It's starting to look like it'll be much better than I thought it would be when I first heard about it having co-op and human enemies.
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby B_G_G » 08 Nov 2012, 18:16

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/xbox-360/2012/11/08/dead-space-3-preview/1

THAT preview reads far more accurately to me.

"before it feels a bit too much like a shooter" - I'm sorry, if it feels like a shooter AT ALL then why bother with it? There are a thousand action games that will do action better. If Dead Space isn't scary and tense (and again, this preview just glosses over the lack of fear and tension like its irrelevant) then its just another shooter, but clunky and slow.

I look forward to a review that tells us its rubbish and not to buy it, then finishes with an 8/10.
B_G_G 51

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 08 Nov 2012, 18:19

Only idiots slated this game half a year before it was finished, i knew this was going to be great, the development team are a class act and another exact game as 1&2 would have done nothing to expand and continue the franchise.

I can't wait for this at all, having played stuff like left for dead and dead island with other people online, hearing grown men scream like little girls actually added to my experience so if the co-op plays well i see no reason why this cannot be a complete blast from start to finish.

Also hoping for this to be great to force Capcom into a complete series reboot for Resident evil, it needs it, oh how it needs it.
Megatrons_Fury 50

Postby B_G_G » 08 Nov 2012, 18:24

Megatrons_Fury wrote:Only idiots slated this game half a year before it was finished, i knew this was going to be great, the development team are a class act and another exact game as 1&2 would have done nothing to expand and continue the franchise.

I can't wait for this at all, having played stuff like left for dead and dead island with other people online, hearing grown men scream like little girls actually added to my experience so if the co-op plays well i see no reason why this cannot be a complete blast from start to finish.

Also hoping for this to be great to force Capcom into a complete series reboot for Resident evil, it needs it, oh how it needs it.

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT

HOW WILL THIS FORCE CAPCOM INTO DOING ANYTHING

ITS DOING THE EXACT SAME STUPID THING THEY DID TO RESIDENT EVIL

From the Bit-tech preview: "This ultimately became our defining impression of Dead Space 3; that it feels like a weak survival horror and a weak blockbuster shooter at the same time."

THAT is what happened to Resi, and THAT is what's happening to Dead Space.
B_G_G 51

Postby razors edge » 08 Nov 2012, 18:43

B_G_G wrote:
Megatrons_Fury wrote:Only idiots slated this game half a year before it was finished, i knew this was going to be great, the development team are a class act and another exact game as 1&2 would have done nothing to expand and continue the franchise.

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT

HOW WILL THIS FORCE CAPCOM INTO DOING ANYTHING

ITS DOING THE EXACT SAME STUPID THING THEY DID TO RESIDENT EVIL

From the Bit-tech preview: "This ultimately became our defining impression of Dead Space 3; that it feels like a weak survival horror and a weak blockbuster shooter at the same time."

THAT is what happened to Resi, and THAT is what's happening to Dead Space.

LET'S JUST WAIT AND SEE AND IN THE MEANTIME WHY DON'T YOU TAKE A CHILL PILL DEAR?
razors edge 43

Postby Marlonjb » 09 Nov 2012, 17:05

Cop out gameplay has still ruined this for me. might pick it up on the cheap as I wont be wasting money on day one.
If people are talking behind your back it's only because they cant talk to your face. PS3, Xbox360 Elite and Wii Owner so the lame ass "Fanboy" BS wont work on me. Do not bother!
Marlonjb 38

Postby Osaka12 » 10 Nov 2012, 21:48

I agree, I won't be buying this game any time soon, DS2 was a huge dissappointment. The first game I literally played through 5 times on PS3 and twice on xbox but the 2nd I struggled to play through once.
Osaka12 9

Postby Dr_Phibes666 » 12 Nov 2012, 08:44

i like the idea of player one battling his fears whilst player 2 sees just the normal view.
I think it would be better if the player having the mental break down actually became dangerous to the other player temporarily, firing off rounds at his "demons" on his own screen whilst he shoots wildly at nothing on the second, risking damaging the other guy. Surely this would ramp up the tension.
Just a thought

Rental :twisted:
Dr_Phibes666 44