to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Fuse preview: Epic weapons power Resistance team's comeback

Your comments on our articles.

Go big or go home

Remember Borderlands 2's reveal? Stark opposite to the bold-lined and rainbow-hued aesthetic that the game adopted late into development, Gearbox's shooter started life as the world's most generic-looking game, layering brown upon brown and with little to set it apart. Of course, it came good in the end. Worryingly, Fuse follows the opposite trajectory.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Fuse preview: Epic weapons power Resistance team's comeback

Postby rocapocalyptic » 02 Nov 2012, 14:17

you mean the original Borderlands reveal right? as opposed to the sequel you mention at the start there?
rocapocalyptic 23

Xbox Live: Mercury727
PSN ID: Mercury727

Re: Fuse preview: Epic weapons power Resistance team's comeb

Postby sonic_uk » 02 Nov 2012, 14:24

I wasn't interested in this game at all until I read this and saw the 18 minute dev video. I'm now definitely going to get this as I like shooters (although preferably first person), and I love sci-fi. This game for all its "fuse features" doesn't look too much different I have to say, but threes nothing wrong with that, and as long as it has a decent story and is fun to play I'm in.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Postby B_G_G » 02 Nov 2012, 17:30

rocapocalyptic wrote:you mean the original Borderlands reveal right? as opposed to the sequel you mention at the start there?

I'm sure they do, I'd imagine it was an autolink mix-up.

Or just Fridayitus.

OR incompetence.
B_G_G 51

Postby Fr33Kye » 03 Nov 2012, 07:13

Yea the 18 minute demo was a lot better than the first trailer. It looked alot less awful, but i still wish they stuck with the original tone and art style. OR AT LEAST NOT PICK SOMETHING SO BROWN AND DRAB!?!?! They said they were restricted with a T rating....does M rating have to mean disgustingly ugly, generic and extremely serious?
Fr33Kye 71