to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

EA responds to Watchdog FIFA 13 report

Your comments on our articles.

Discusses invisible balls, paid for players going missing and game crashes

EA has released a lengthy statement in response to a FIFA 13 segment aired on BBC One consumer rights show Watchdog yesterday evening.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

EA responds to Watchdog FIFA 13 report

Postby BenThomasFoster » 01 Nov 2012, 19:12

I'm just glad it isn't as buggy as fifa 12. Online count down timer actually counts down and you don't crash when changing formation. PS3 version has laggy menu's though and they need to sort that out
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Re: EA responds to Watchdog FIFA 13 report

Postby alan666 » 01 Nov 2012, 21:28

Not bothered with this update, gonna wait for #14 .
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby billysastard » 01 Nov 2012, 22:06

"we promise we'll fix as much as we can be bothered to, at least for fifa 14".

just think, wii, wii u, psp and ps vita owners have all this to look forward to next year when they get this years version with a 14 on it.

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby Old Skool Gamer » 02 Nov 2012, 08:20

I gave up with FIFA for around 10 years until I picked up a second hand copy of FIFA 08 for £8 from GAME, it was really good then I decided to get FIFA 09, then the issues started and have continued with more and more issues every year.

The invisible ball issue has been around since FIFA 09, I've had invisible players at least 10 times since I have had the game, it freezes up when menus load up, which last years did also, and I have also lost a 2 season game which refuses to load up again.

Ultimate Team has been plagued with problems with people's teams being hijacked, hackers galore and then the app they released this year people found a way of getting things they should not have.

EA just don't test their games anymore, the statement I have just read made me laugh, it really is a load of old b*****ks they are saying, if it was tested then why are issues going on for years still evident, they take peoples money and worry about it later, just like loads of other publishers do, this generation really has been poor in terms of quality and reliability of software, with Sony and MS not giving a rat's ass. they don't fine these companies which they should.

It's time for a EU investigation to start into the practises of these publishers because it will only just keep on happening and getting worse.

I have given up with FIFA for good now, I have just had enough, EA can kiss my ass!
We can't stop now, this is Bat Country!
Old Skool Gamer 38

PSN ID: xXI_OLDSKOOL_IXx

Postby infamous76 » 02 Nov 2012, 13:26

Old Skool Gamer wrote:I gave up with FIFA for around 10 years until I picked up a second hand copy of FIFA 08 for £8 from GAME, it was really good then I decided to get FIFA 09, then the issues started and have continued with more and more issues every year.

The invisible ball issue has been around since FIFA 09, I've had invisible players at least 10 times since I have had the game, it freezes up when menus load up, which last years did also, and I have also lost a 2 season game which refuses to load up again.

Ultimate Team has been plagued with problems with people's teams being hijacked, hackers galore and then the app they released this year people found a way of getting things they should not have.

EA just don't test their games anymore, the statement I have just read made me laugh, it really is a load of old b*****ks they are saying, if it was tested then why are issues going on for years still evident, they take peoples money and worry about it later, just like loads of other publishers do, this generation really has been poor in terms of quality and reliability of software, with Sony and MS not giving a rat's ass. they don't fine these companies which they should.

It's time for a EU investigation to start into the practises of these publishers because it will only just keep on happening and getting worse.

I have given up with FIFA for good now, I have just had enough, EA can kiss my ass!

hear hear - couldn't have said it better myself. i bought fifa 13 but i wont be investing in it again. i heard tiger woods 13 was awful too
infamous76 37

Postby gmcb007 » 02 Nov 2012, 13:58

I'm suprised Skyrim was never under investigation. I mean that was alot worse than Fifa.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby BLARRG » 02 Nov 2012, 15:54

alan666 wrote:Not bothered with this update, gonna wait for #14 .

Master System, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Wii, X360, PS3, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS

currently playing: GTAV, bravely default , Pokémon Y
BLARRG 45