to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

You're the reviewer: October

Your comments on our articles.

VOTE: Resi 6, XCOM... how would you score them?

... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

You're the reviewer: October

Postby Imaduck » 31 Oct 2012, 13:02

AC3 9.3 after 1 day of release ... the f**k? Seems legit ! :roll:
Imaduck 58

Re: You're the reviewer: October

Postby Thane64 » 31 Oct 2012, 13:09

XCOM = 7.4! It deservs higher then that!

+ I just saw Unfinished Swan dip from 9.0 to 7.1; someone must REALLY dislike that game...
Thane64 49

Xbox Live: Thane64
PSN ID: Thane64

Postby AndyR » 31 Oct 2012, 13:13

Thane64 wrote:XCOM = 7.4! It deservs higher then that!

My personal game of the month, which I never would've guessed beforehand.
AndyR
CVG Staff

Postby Reegeee » 31 Oct 2012, 13:25

I've not played it so I don't know but isn't Hotline Miami meant to be utterly amazing? Only 4.7 there. Maybe people are frustrated with it, I hear it's punishing.

Speaking of 'not playing', I don't think I've played any of those on that list. There's just too much of a backlog to catch up on.
Reegeee 74

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby ensabahnur » 31 Oct 2012, 13:32

Get us to review games that have only been released today? Well done.

And how hard is it to put an "Haven't played it" option at the end of the voting block, instead of scrolling down most people will probably rate it on what they think it deserves. This will downgrade certain games.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby FixBeatGames » 31 Oct 2012, 13:32

these polls are utterly useless without a 'havent played' option on each one.

if they're meant to truly mean something CVG, then sort that out please. it can't be that hard to do.

if they're just a load of tosh to get people onto pages where your ads are, then carry on, the drivels will vote still :lol:
FixBeatGames 41

Postby AndyR » 31 Oct 2012, 13:39

FixBeatGames wrote:these polls are utterly useless without a 'havent played' option on each one.

if they're meant to truly mean something CVG, then sort that out please. it can't be that hard to do.

if they're just a load of tosh to get people onto pages where your ads are, then carry on, the drivels will vote still :lol:

Guys - from the body copy:

Remember, if there's a game you'd rather not vote for you can scroll down and hit the 'Next page' button to skip it.
AndyR
CVG Staff

Postby ensabahnur » 31 Oct 2012, 13:48

AndyR wrote:
FixBeatGames wrote:these polls are utterly useless without a 'havent played' option on each one.

Guys - from the body copy:

Remember, if there's a game you'd rather not vote for you can scroll down and hit the 'Next page' button to skip it.
Or they can just hit what they think the game deserves, scrolling down pages is a laborious task.
The fact that this isn't highlighted at the top of the page will just cause people to think they have to vote somehow. How hard is it to put a skip option at the top of the page to make it simple?
ensabahnur 68

Postby AndyR » 31 Oct 2012, 13:51

ensabahnur wrote:How hard is it to put a skip option at the top of the page to make it simple?

Harder than you think ;) But our tech team is on it.
AndyR
CVG Staff

Postby budge » 31 Oct 2012, 14:18

XCOM is a cracking game. A solid 8.5 from me.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby JustOneMoreGo » 31 Oct 2012, 14:25

This reminds me of Big Breakfast's 'Don't Phone in, It's Just For Fun'. However, and rather sadly, some people are getting all butt hurt over the fact that someone might 'downgrade' their favourite game/franchise.

For the record, I scored AC III a very generous 1. ho, ho, ho.
stealth wrote:I post facts...
JustOneMoreGo 33

Postby TheLastDodo » 31 Oct 2012, 14:52

Dishonored (so far) - 9

XCOM (so far) - 8

The Unfinished Swan - I'd give it 8.5 but on this poll I rounded up to a 9.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby ensabahnur » 31 Oct 2012, 15:26

JustOneMoreGo wrote:This reminds me of Big Breakfast's 'Don't Phone in, It's Just For Fun'. However, and rather sadly, some people are getting all butt hurt over the fact that someone might 'downgrade' their favourite game/franchise.

For the record, I scored AC III a very generous 1. ho, ho, ho.
Nobody's getting 'butthurt' but the fact is that this issue was brought up the last time we had one of these and as Andy has said they're looking into putting up a skip option.

How many people will open up this article and just click away without reading the whole page and knowing that there's a "next page" button at the bottom? Quite a few i'd say, therefore its not going to be giving a fair representation of what we, the actual end user, thinks of these games.

In a world where everyone complains about reviews and the scores given to certain games this is a chance for the gamer to rate the games and for us all to get a good look at how we all perceive certain franchises. Do you think its fair when stuff like Hotline Miami gets marked down because hardly anyone has played it and didn't know you could skip the vote on it and just gave it a 5 because its a middle of the road score?
ensabahnur 68

Postby FishyGinger » 31 Oct 2012, 15:38

ensabahnur you've also missed out the fact people are generally morons. How many people are going to vote either not playing a game or not liking a franchise irrespective of whether the actual game is any good. Almost no games deserve 1 out of 10, how many get voted that low in these polls?
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby JustOneMoreGo » 31 Oct 2012, 15:39

Frankly I couldn't care less. As we've seen of recent, game reviews and their respective 'scores' are now meaningless in today's industry.

Just look at the latest MOH. EA are p**sed that it wasn't rated very highly in the reviews and yet that hasn't stopped it racing to the top of the charts.

Believe me, the opinions of users on here and what score they award a selection of games for that given month has absolutely no bearing on what games I buy or play now and going forward.
stealth wrote:I post facts...
JustOneMoreGo 33

Next