Borderlands 2 under threat of 'Graveyard' virus

Your comments on our articles.

Affecting Xbox 360 gamers, patch coming soon

It sounds like a DLC promotion for Halloween, but unfortunately the Graveyard virus is a real threat to the Xbox 360 community as they try to join Borderlands 2 online games.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Borderlands 2 under threat of 'Graveyard' virus

Postby 360_Fan » 29 Oct 2012, 00:58

Why do this? Such a good game to play with others and some knob head has to try any spoil it.
360_Fan 61

Re: Borderlands 2 under threat of 'Graveyard' virus

Postby middle finger » 29 Oct 2012, 02:27

Lol 360.
middle finger 68

Postby JPTiger » 29 Oct 2012, 02:28

360_Fan wrote:Why do this? Such a good game to play with others and some knob head has to try any spoil it.

Hate to say it, but quite simply, because they can.
JPTiger 45

Postby sbradley88 » 29 Oct 2012, 09:02

middle finger wrote:Lol 360.

This.
sbradley88 59

Xbox Live: ShalakashkaPS3
PSN ID: Shalakashka
Steam: Shalakashka

Postby gavedge81 » 29 Oct 2012, 09:30

People who do this should have their fingers removed!
Tempus Fugit
gavedge81 31

Xbox Live: DR Killkrazy

Postby wishface » 29 Oct 2012, 10:11

gavedge81 wrote:People who do this should have their fingers removed!

I'd be quite happy to stamp their consoles to death, film it and put it on youtube.

The problem is M$, again. They charge people to play online and do sweet FA to protect their customers; not just from viruses either, but the toxic behaviour online is never dealt with.
wishface 41

Postby StonecoldMC » 29 Oct 2012, 10:29

I know! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Brilliant, isnt it! f**king hysterical.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby Cokney Charmer » 29 Oct 2012, 10:34

wishface wrote:

I'd be quite happy to stamp their consoles to death, film it and put it on youtube.

The problem is M$, again. They charge people to play online and do sweet FA to protect their customers; not just from viruses either, but the toxic behaviour online is never dealt with.

Oh stop being OTT just so you can have a dig. This virus is the blame of Gearbox who released a game with such crappy code, that they are unable to even patch their own issues of the reset glitch, game freezing....so hackers decided to break the game. Thats Gearbox's fault...not MS, all MS did was provide the platform for those to play online, hacked game code is down to Gearbox

When you say MS dont do anything about this culture, they do, but have a think about how many enforcement staff there are and how many millions of gamers out there to police? Do you blame the police each time someone is mugged or burgled?

This is not the fault of MS, blame is with Gearbox who released a poorly tested unfinished game that in just over a month of release is already hacked to death (no pun intended) and they act like they are doing all they can...which is BS
Cokney Charmer 22
New user

Xbox Live: Cokney Charmer

Postby illage2 » 29 Oct 2012, 10:36

It isn't good is it.

I don't play with random people anyway as I don't want to get "Ninja looted". It's where people join your game, take all the good loot and then leave.

It might not actually be a virus, it seems more of an exploit, and someone discovered it.

I hate it when people do things like this, ruin the game for everyone else.

I thought we paid for Xbox live so s**t like this doesn't happen, just proves us wrong.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby flyfletch » 29 Oct 2012, 10:52

Idiot :x
flyfletch 72

Postby flyfletch » 29 Oct 2012, 10:54

sbradley88 wrote:

This.

Idiot number 2
flyfletch 72

Postby flyfletch » 29 Oct 2012, 10:59

wishface wrote:

First off, nothing to do with MS, a clear case of talking before putting the brain in action.

Secondly, could be so much worse, for example, its could be hacked, have millions of customer details stolen and then be offline for months on end. Wonder who that happened too? Certainly has never happened to my Xbox, but my other console....something happened to it and i couldnt go online for months.....strange :roll:
flyfletch 72

Postby metallicorphan » 29 Oct 2012, 11:17

this problem came to light about a week or two ago as the people on 360a.org told me,so i just backed up my save onto a flash drive
360a.org
this is what you are looking for on your game save in the HDD storage(thx to Bahroo 3),if you have this,you are kinda screwed

some tips in the link on what to do to avoid it
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Postby Barry316 » 29 Oct 2012, 11:46

flyfletch wrote:
wishface wrote:I'd be quite happy to stamp their consoles to death, film it and put it on youtube.

First off, nothing to do with MS, a clear case of talking before putting the brain in action.

Secondly, could be so much worse, for example, its could be hacked, have millions of customer details stolen and then be offline for months on end. Wonder who that happened too? Certainly has never happened to my Xbox, but my other console....something happened to it and i couldnt go online for months.....strange :roll:

And the transformation into stealth is complete "i'm not a fanboy but i constantly stick up for one and bring others up when they haven't been mentioned to defend it with treble post power!"

Next it'll be sales. So sad.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby Reegeee » 29 Oct 2012, 11:52

Cokney Charmer wrote:Oh stop being OTT just so you can have a dig. This virus is the blame of Gearbox who released a game with such crappy code, that they are unable to even patch their own issues of the reset glitch, game freezing....so hackers decided to break the game. Thats Gearbox's fault...not MS, all MS did was provide the platform for those to play online, hacked game code is down to Gearbox

When you say MS dont do anything about this culture, they do, but have a think about how many enforcement staff there are and how many millions of gamers out there to police? Do you blame the police each time someone is mugged or burgled?

This is not the fault of MS, blame is with Gearbox who released a poorly tested unfinished game that in just over a month of release is already hacked to death (no pun intended) and they act like they are doing all they can...which is BS

I hate that attitude.

'It was Monica Seles fault she got stabbed cos she wasn't wearing a suit of armour guv!'
Reegeee 75

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Next