to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Wii U Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be cheaper via eShop

Your comments on our articles.

16GB downloadable version hints at discounted eShop releases for Wii U

Namco Bandai has confirmed that Tekken Tag Tournament will be released on Wii U as both a retail and downloadable game.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Wii U Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be cheaper via eShop

Postby Malmo » 26 Oct 2012, 22:07

So basically when Nintendo boasted about cheaper digital prices, they mean slightly cheaper than the full RRP which no one sells it at. well if anyone knows now that they want tekken on wii u and chooses a day one digital download for £49 instead of the £28 pre-order at zavvi, then you're an enormous idiot.
Malmo 63

PSN ID: dead2theworld

Re: Wii U Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be cheaper via eShop

Postby Wolfgabe » 27 Oct 2012, 02:53

Malmo wrote:So basically when Nintendo boasted about cheaper digital prices, they mean slightly cheaper than the full RRP which no one sells it at. well if anyone knows now that they want tekken on wii u and chooses a day one digital download for £49 instead of the £28 pre-order at zavvi, then you're an enormous idiot.
Silly, by this they meant lower than retail prices. Most Wii U games are $60 in US money so it will likely be lower than that
Wolfgabe 11

Postby Knight » 27 Oct 2012, 10:44

Malmo wrote:So basically when Nintendo boasted about cheaper digital prices, they mean slightly cheaper than the full RRP which no one sells it at. well if anyone knows now that they want tekken on wii u and chooses a day one digital download for £49 instead of the £28 pre-order at zavvi, then you're an enormous idiot.

An enormouos idiot to download on launch day rather than pre-order, yes. But I wouldn't order anything from Zavvi/Asda Entertainment/TheHut again, they're a bunch of enormous morons. Rather pay a penny more and get it from ShopTo, Amazon, etc.
Knight 55

Postby sigourney beaver » 27 Oct 2012, 12:49

I've never seen the catch with digital downloads i don't think I'd ever consider digital over a physical version
sigourney beaver 44

Postby billysastard » 27 Oct 2012, 14:25

given that the digital version is larger than 16gb how exactly is it cheaper once you've bought a 32gb sd card to store it on?

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby dwhlufc » 27 Oct 2012, 16:43

billysastard wrote:given that the digital version is larger than 16gb how exactly is it cheaper once you've bought a 32gb sd card to store it on?

And there's the huge flaw that I see with the Wii U.
dwhlufc 75

Postby fatherofthenoo » 27 Oct 2012, 21:18

dwhlufc wrote:
billysastard wrote:given that the digital version is larger than 16gb how exactly is it cheaper once you've bought a 32gb sd card to store it on?

What you see as a flaw, others see as a wise move by Nintendo. I certainly appreciate being able to hook up my external hard drive to it. But I suppose that is the difference between your average Joe and a hater such as yourself. everything is a negative, right?
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Postby Bambis Dad » 27 Oct 2012, 21:45

He may not have meant to say flaw by all accounts, but it is hardly hating.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby billysastard » 27 Oct 2012, 22:17

dwhlufc wrote:

its not a wii u flaw, its a flaw in all digital crap, we the customer have to pay for the storage costs whilst often being expected to pay above retail for the privilege, at least the wii u allows you to add an external hdd via usb and run downloaded games from that.

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby dwhlufc » 27 Oct 2012, 22:55

@"fatherofthenoo, I'm a hater because I see the fact that everyone's slowly moving towards digital content and Nintendo provide a tiny HDD? Lets not forget the fact that they were the ones boasting about selling games lower than RRP on their e-store.

Yes you can buy an external HDD but that's more money on top. I'm not sure if you own an Xbox,pc or ps but a lot of people will tell you the last few years have been exceptional for digital content and if you want those games you'll need space.

I'm starting to thnk you weren't hacked, your childish reply here is in line with your little outbursts not so long back.
dwhlufc 75

Postby TheRandyNinja » 28 Oct 2012, 00:16

fatherofthenoo wrote:What you see as a flaw, others see as a wise move by Nintendo. I certainly appreciate being able to hook up my external hard drive to it. But I suppose that is the difference between your average Joe and a hater such as yourself. everything is a negative, right?

how much did that hdd cost you because if others haven't got one its an added £60 they have to throw down on a decent sized external. and once its plugged in you wont be able to use it for anything else.
TheRandyNinja 53

Xbox Live: Randy Ninja
PSN ID: Randy Ninja

Postby fatherofthenoo » 28 Oct 2012, 07:57

dwhlufc wrote:@"fatherofthenoo, I'm a hater because I see the fact that everyone's slowly moving towards digital content and Nintendo provide a tiny HDD? Lets not forget the fact that they were the ones boasting about selling games lower than RRP on their e-store.

Yes you can buy an external HDD but that's more money on top. I'm not sure if you own an Xbox,pc or ps but a lot of people will tell you the last few years have been exceptional for digital content and if you want those games you'll need space.

I'm starting to thnk you weren't hacked, your childish reply here is in line with your little outbursts not so long back.

There is nothing childish about my reply so don't get so aggressive. And I'm not sure what you are referring to with your last statement so I'll just focus on the topic. The reason I said you were a hater was because you tend to see every feature of this console as a flaw. So to me you come across as a hater. Nintendo are very much aware of the movement toward the digital age and also understand that memory is ever decreasing in price. This is why they did not link that to Wii U and gave us the option of increasing it whenever and however we choose. How is that so difficult for you to comprehend? I won't defend them on those digital process though. They are appalling.
Last edited by fatherofthenoo on 28 Oct 2012, 08:43, edited 2 times in total.
fatherofthenoo 41

Postby fatherofthenoo » 28 Oct 2012, 08:04

TheRandyNinja wrote:
fatherofthenoo wrote:What you see as a flaw, others see as a wise move by Nintendo. I certainly appreciate being able to hook up my external hard drive to it. But I suppose that is the difference between your average Joe and a hater such as yourself. everything is a negative, right?

how much did that hdd cost you because if others haven't got one its an added £60 they have to throw down on a decent sized external. and once its plugged in you wont be able to use it for anything else.

£50 for 1TB. And that is considerably more than I would ever expect to use on the Wii U. 500GB would have been more than enough, is very cheap and is pretty much the amount you would expect from Nintendo's rival consoles too.
fatherofthenoo 41

Postby fatherofthenoo » 28 Oct 2012, 08:08

Bambis Dad wrote:He may not have meant to say flaw by all accounts, but it is hardly hating.

It is because he focuses on nothing but the negatives. I recognise that Wii U isn't perfect but his arguments seem to be consistently one sided.
fatherofthenoo 41

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Oct 2012, 08:59

You must be confusing me with someone else because I've barely posted in Wii u threads. I made a tonne of posts in the 3DS charger thread and the majority agreed with me on that.

Go through my post history if you must and gins all these so called negatives your so sure I've posted.

Pretend you didn't have those outbursts a few months ago, it's not washing with me. Like someone hacked your account just to make those posts.......please.
dwhlufc 75

Next