Medal of Honor Warfighter review: Does exactly what it says

Your comments on our articles.

Danger Close mostly borrows, but it should get credit for what it has created

It's easy to hate Medal of Honor: Warfighter, EA's 'ultra-authentic' terrorist-hunter starring a global assortment of Tier 1 operators decked in gear so authentic they're hard to tell apart.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Medal of Honor Warfighter review: Does exactly what it says

Postby ninja-key » 26 Oct 2012, 11:38

From what I have heard its about 4 hours long. So I just put it on my LoveFilm list.
ninja-key 53

Xbox Live: Thekey08
PSN ID: ninja-key

Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter review: Does exactly what it s

Postby ilovenewtech » 26 Oct 2012, 11:50

Hi super awesome fellow forum posters hope you are well. I will be picking this game up in approximately 2 hours and I can't wait. :D :D :D :D :D

Go team MOHWF YEAH!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Lets all be super, super happy awesome to each other. Go team super, super happy awesome yeah!!!!
ilovenewtech 55

Postby TroubleMaker411 » 26 Oct 2012, 11:52

Not true.
If you wanna speed through it, yes. But I thoroughly enjoyed it for 4 hours last night and I'm about half way through.

On a quick note CVG
It's the most minor of spoilers, but it's a bit mean to put the bit about the tutorial mission area in there. It was a pretty cool moment to come across it last night with no idea it was coming. Don't ruin that for others!
TroubleMaker411 31

Xbox Live: TroubleMaker411
PSN ID: TroubleMaker411

Postby svd_grasshopper » 26 Oct 2012, 11:55

nice balancing act....... 6.9

the perception of a lowly 6, on a widely panned game - credibility retention effort - but only 1% away from a respectable points-mean-prizes 70% on metacritic.

also more uppers than downers, on a game that is laden with faults.

excelling yourself once again CVG.

paper thin you are.
I LIKE ELECTRO, I LIKE RETRO, I LIKE GHETTO: HOUSE & TECHNO!
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby TheLastDodo » 26 Oct 2012, 12:04

Did you review it patched or unpatched?

Simply ask because this is the only review I've read that doesn't talk about the many bugs & glitches.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Robcarroll93 » 26 Oct 2012, 12:05

Why can't someone come along and blow our minds? Like when CoD first launched or when Battlefield 2 was released?
Robcarroll93 10

Postby BenThomasFoster » 26 Oct 2012, 12:15

i8 would have gaven the same score to Battlefield 3 as well. Oh you best be giving more games the "generic" tag as well.
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 26 Oct 2012, 12:18

svd_grasshopper wrote:nice balancing act....... 6.9

the perception of a lowly 6, on a widely panned game - credibility retention effort - but only 1% away from a respectable points-mean-prizes 70% on metacritic.

also more uppers than downers, on a game that is laden with faults.

excelling yourself once again CVG.

paper thin you are.

You were never gonna be happy with anything above a 3 though were you mate :wink: Review seems a bit more balanced than most I have read but having not played it who knows. The demo left me a bit meh, but the many YouTube vids of MP do turn my attention more favourably. It is clear however that the SP is poo, although once more we have people claiming 4 and 5 hours and it begs the question on what difficulty? A child could fly through most of these games in that time on easy, we had it last time with MW3, do it on veteran in less than 8-10 hours first off and I'll have to call you a f**king liar. It was the same with BF, Max Payne, Ghost Recon and most recently Dishonoured.

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 63

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby petewasbristol » 26 Oct 2012, 12:24

I still feel there is a market for the WW2 setting and it''s a shame that the Medal of Honor series moved away from that, as they made some absolute beauties. Thing is, they also made some shockers and took note of the impact that COD and battlefield had.
petewasbristol 15

Postby murph_77 » 26 Oct 2012, 12:30

It is a real shame they took out environment destruction. I am going to give it a good blast over the weekend and make my own conclusions, I just feel upon reading up on this game I will be back on BF3 and MW3 in the not too distant future.
murph_77 45

Postby FishyGinger » 26 Oct 2012, 12:36

TheLastDodo wrote:Did you review it patched or unpatched?

Simply ask because this is the only review I've read that doesn't talk about the many bugs & glitches.

I was thinking the same. Nothing mentioned on why an "epic day one patch" was needed at all.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby Toasted_PSP » 26 Oct 2012, 12:38

KK-Headcharge78 wrote: although once more we have people claiming 4 and 5 hours and it begs the question on what difficulty? A child could fly through most of these games in that time on easy, we had it last time with MW3, do it on veteran in less than 8-10 hours first off and I'll have to call you a f**king liar. It was the same with BF, Max Payne, Ghost Recon and most recently Dishonoured.

+1, I tend to play most games on the hardest setting and none of the so called "short" games are as short as they are made out to be. Playing on the hardest setting will likely add 20-30% extra to your playtime. Any seasoned gamer playing on a lower setting and complaining about game length only has themselves to blame for the shortness of the game.

I recently played CoD Classic on Veteran and finished that in the same sort of time as I finished W@W and Black Ops on Veteran. So while people claim CoD is getting shorter I would guess people are just more familiar with the games now (A new version every year will do that).

Also having played MoH Frontline HD the thing that made that game longer was the lack of regenerative health and the lack of check points. I would have flown through that game if you didn't have to restart the entire level because you got killed at the final section of the level.
Toasted_PSP 64

Postby TheLastDodo » 26 Oct 2012, 12:44

TBH I expected 7's for this, well before the reviews were held back I did.

Don't wanna turn this into another RE6 fiasco but there's two little words in this review which have me scratching my head a bit.

It works.

I dunno about anyone else but the fact that you have to point out it works is a bit troubling to me, unless I'm taking it the wrong way. Do you mean the standard FPS formula still works or that the game works as in it's fit for purpose?
TheLastDodo 77

Postby KMakawa » 26 Oct 2012, 12:56

TheLastDodo wrote:Did you review it patched or unpatched?

I think its probably patched, and that they have taken a few days to actually play and review it properly. Some of the other reviews are crunched at a very fast rate, a few hours to be honest -- and purely trying to get ahead of the rest by getting their review in first.. That and half of those reviewers shouldn't even be reviewing XDD

In any case, this is quite a nice review - hits on a few issues, and a few positives.
Community Coordinator.
Artist & Website Designer.
KMakawa 65
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: T0TAL fps
Steam: T0TALfps
Battle.net: PMforit@
xFire: iArctic

Postby DoomGuy84 » 26 Oct 2012, 12:58

Well that reads a lot better than the eurogamer review which gave it a 5 but sounded more like a 2 the way they were slating it. This was never going to be a groundbreaking game and maybe people should just judge it for what it is. Fifa 13 got great review scores but what has changed in that game apart from new kits since Fifa 11? I wont be buying this but i'll definately be popping into blockbuster soon to rent it :)
DoomGuy84 31

Next