Apple reports quarterly profit of $8.2 billion

Your comments on our articles.

iPhone and iPad sales up 58 percent and 26 percent respectively

Apple has reported record fourth quarter financial results thanks to an increase in sales of all products bar iPod.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Apple reports quarterly profit of $8.2 billion

Postby Currychips » 26 Oct 2012, 10:40

Well done Apple. Good work.

Keep going from strength to strength and hopefully one day all those inferior products will be gone for good.
Do you want Chilli on that?
Currychips 50

Xbox Live: Mr Cheesefinger
PSN ID: westypie

Re: Apple reports quarterly profit of $8.2 billion

Postby FishyGinger » 26 Oct 2012, 11:12

Awesome news, now they can afford to pay the individuals who make their products an extra 2p a month.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby ashadian » 26 Oct 2012, 11:15

Just waiting for the fanboys to comment that Apple is ripping them off etc etc. Some people haven't yet realised that companies are there to make money. Google,Microsoft and Samsung are no different. Its the balance sheet that counts. Your just a statistic to them! So just enjoy the product you want to buy!
ashadian 60

Postby martinawatson » 26 Oct 2012, 11:20

Yes i totally agree fellow forum poster "currychips" I would like to say a huge congratulations to Apple on behalf of every member of the CVG forum (without exception) and staff :D

Hey kids, Being thats its halloween this weekend why not play a fantastic trick on sourpuss's who dont give you sweeties , try putting a lump of dog s**t in a wrapped up a newspaper and setting fire to it after knocking the door (so said sourpuss comes out and stamps on fire to put it out) only this time chuck your Blackberry or top of the range samsung galaxy S3 in too, then the grumpy spoilsport will have dogshit and other crap all over his feet and you can stop conning yourself and get a new contract for a decent phone from Apple, Happy Halloween :D
Hey its Martin A , not Martina by the way, cheers
martinawatson 67

Postby beastie » 26 Oct 2012, 11:32

I wonder how much tax they paid?
beastie 54

Postby The_Hun1 » 26 Oct 2012, 11:35

No wonder less ipod where being bought, pretty soon everyone will have an iphone or ipad and just listen to their tunes on them.

So glad to say i'm not an apple sheep and never will be
Freedom is more than idea, it's a way of life and if you don't agree then move to a country that dosn't have it!!!!
The_Hun1 66

Postby adgr19 » 26 Oct 2012, 11:36

noddy products. scrooge mcduck
adgr19 53

Postby Currychips » 26 Oct 2012, 11:45

The_Hun1 wrote:No wonder less ipod where being bought, pretty soon everyone will have an iphone or ipad and just listen to their tunes on them.

Too right mate, you just stick to your Walkman sellotaped to your Tesco Mobile - must save a packet!
Do you want Chilli on that?
Currychips 50

Xbox Live: Mr Cheesefinger
PSN ID: westypie

Postby paperywhiteboy » 26 Oct 2012, 11:53

The_Hun1 wrote:

Really? That honestly makes you proud? Dude, you need some more substance to your life if that's your benchmark for pride.
paperywhiteboy 53

PSN ID: PETRIMOV

Postby Nimron Tang » 26 Oct 2012, 12:12

martinawatson wrote:Yes i totally agree fellow forum poster "currychips" I would like to say a huge congratulations to Apple on behalf of every member of the CVG forum (without exception) and staff :D

Hey kids, Being thats its halloween this weekend why not play a fantastic trick on sourpuss's who dont give you sweeties , try putting a lump of dog s**t in a wrapped up a newspaper and setting fire to it after knocking the door (so said sourpuss comes out and stamps on fire to put it out) only this time chuck your Blackberry or top of the range samsung galaxy S3 in too, then the grumpy spoilsport will have dogshit and other crap all over his feet and you can stop conning yourself and get a new contract for a decent phone from Apple, Happy Halloween :D

Speak for yourself monkeyflaps!

My message to apple would be, "Kill yourselves, do whatever it takes to remove yourselves and your sh*tty products from the face of the planet, yours sincerely Nimron Tang."

Oh, and kids instead of the flaming non-apple smartphone dog sh*t trick, go to martinawatsons place and see if it's actually possible to break double glazed windows with apples. If not just punch some granny smith's through the letter box to make your point. (disclaimer - the aforementioned suggestion is of a completely humourous nature and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone)
It's just a ride.
Nimron Tang 49

PSN ID: Smittypig

Postby martinawatson » 26 Oct 2012, 12:25

FishyGinger wrote:Awesome news, now they can afford to pay the individuals who make their products an extra 2p a month.

Must say this was quite an amusing gag, :lol:
Oi Nimron tang , too late sucker, i've already smashed all my windows , just to circumnavigate around your cunning plan, ha ha , foiled you mug, howda like that then pal-e-boyyyyy, yehhh.....oh hang on ...its a bit cold in here now..shoot :shock:
Hey its Martin A , not Martina by the way, cheers
martinawatson 67

Postby FishyGinger » 26 Oct 2012, 12:39

Whatever nimrod ting said is right, if only for the use of monkeyflaps! Well done squire.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby StonecoldMC » 26 Oct 2012, 12:44

Funny. We always deride the people who come into these threads and start shouting out iSheep, what a waste of money, better products - all hype etc

Except this time its the Apple lovers that are made to look like a bunch of fannies. Interesting.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 26 Oct 2012, 13:39

Congrats to Apple.

Profit made on the back of human suffering is always a welcome thing, right?

Blood diamonds from poor African nations sanctioned by the UN whilst Bono signs a song about justice but its cool for those poor Chinese workers to be worked to death so that everyone has something to download Bono's song onto eh?

Whilst im on the subject, F**K you Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony for doing the same, and mostly F**K me for buying a couple of them, ultimately i'm to blame.

I think what i trying to say is pay the workers a fair wage everyone, im all for profit but not at the expense of suffering.
Come on Apple lead the way, do the right thing.
Megatrons_Fury 51

Postby Nimron Tang » 26 Oct 2012, 13:46

FishyGinger wrote:Whatever nimrod ting said is right, if only for the use of monkeyflaps! Well done squire.

Why thank you sir!

Martinawatson - well played. Now I'll have to devise another devious fruit-based plan. Maybe something involving loganberries and a trebuchet!
It's just a ride.
Nimron Tang 49

PSN ID: Smittypig

Next