to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Medal of Honor Warfighter review round-up

Your comments on our articles.

All the review scores in one place...

Although we're still in the process of reviewing Danger Close's Medal of Honor Warfighter reviews for the EA published first-person shooter have started to appear online.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby svd_grasshopper » 25 Oct 2012, 10:08

CVG: 9/10
I LIKE ELECTRO, I LIKE RETRO, I LIKE GHETTO: HOUSE & TECHNO!
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby Gambini » 25 Oct 2012, 10:12

I wonder how these poor scores will affect the "main-stream" scores... perhaps CVGs/IGNs etc that would have given it an 8/10 (and they still might), but with the precedent being so low, they knock off a point or two?

....nah, more like it's just naff! :D
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 52

Postby ingy » 25 Oct 2012, 10:14

This could have been the reviews for the previous two or three Call of duty's if we're honest,....kind of long overdue for the backlash to finally reach the reviewers.

It'll be interesting, though probably not surprising, that the Black Ops game will suffer the same old problems but will still score at least 9/10 across the board,...i just think it's time for something new.
ingy 63

Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter review round-up

Postby infamous76 » 25 Oct 2012, 10:28

ingy wrote:This could have been the reviews for the previous two or three Call of duty's if we're honest,....kind of long overdue for the backlash to finally reach the reviewers.

It'll be interesting, though probably not surprising, that the Black Ops game will suffer the same old problems but will still score at least 9/10 across the board,...i just think it's time for something new.

well said my man, couldn't agree more
infamous76 37

Postby toaplan » 25 Oct 2012, 10:45

The short campaign length is disappointing and means that I'll be picking this up from the bargain bin. I could have looked past the glitches, slavish CoD-copying, linearity etc. but a 6-hour SP campaign is a deal-breaker in this case. Even if it's fairly solid, has got big guns and looks nice on the PC. I'll save the money for Crysis 3...
toaplan 73

Postby richomack360 » 25 Oct 2012, 10:51

svd_grasshopper wrote:CVG: 9/10

But don't buy it full price.
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby IAmTheWalrus » 25 Oct 2012, 11:08

A lot of people and reviewers were surprised that the game felt "rushed and incomplete" .... really? SURPRISED!? this EA that we're talking bout, of course they would force Danger Close to rush the game out so as to get a head start over Halo 4, Assassin's Creed III, Call of Duty: BLOPS 2 etc

Without sounding like a cynical ba$tard, I hope this fails big time, teach EA a lesson about quality assurance, something they seem to be forgetting lately, Dragon Age II, Mass Effect 3 and now Medal of Honour. :roll:
IAmTheWalrus 21

Postby karkify » 25 Oct 2012, 11:18

Hahaha saw this coming. It's a shame the MoH series has come to this.
karkify 50

Postby Taus » 25 Oct 2012, 11:26

Wow, the 'flavourless porridge' reviewer did not hold back, even felt the need to use a metaphor to express how crap the game is

Guess the review copies not being sent out until launch day wasn't to do with a 'critical patch' that fixes the game
Taus 53

Xbox Live: tauzkhn
PSN ID: tauheed

Postby Toasted_PSP » 25 Oct 2012, 11:41

IAmTheWalrus wrote:Without sounding like a cynical ba$tard, I hope this fails big time, teach EA a lesson about quality assurance, something they seem to be forgetting lately, Dragon Age II, Mass Effect 3 and now Medal of Honour. :roll:

I thought lack of quality control was a problem with the gaming industry as a whole, I wasnt aware it was exclusive to EA :roll: Bethesda will be pleased to hear that :mrgreen:
Toasted_PSP 64

Postby svd_grasshopper » 25 Oct 2012, 11:55

in this instance, they were extremely pushed for time. a lot of work was still going on after it had went off for pressing.

it's clear they should have missed their deadline, but the series isn't worth it and they HAD to release it before call of duty.

bugs are one thing though, a shite game is another.
I LIKE ELECTRO, I LIKE RETRO, I LIKE GHETTO: HOUSE & TECHNO!
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby Sleepaphobic » 25 Oct 2012, 12:00

Sorry but I can't take any of these reviews seriously. How can you review such a mp heavy game in 2 days? With respect to sp the scores seem right, it does feel rushed and uninspired. AI is retarded too, during breaches you have to do ALL the work. Liked the previous MoH much more.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby gmcb007 » 25 Oct 2012, 13:21

richomack360 wrote:
svd_grasshopper wrote:CVG: 9/10

But don't buy it full price.

10/10 Not even worth renting.

Hang on, is that a Daily Mail review? Aren't they anti-gaming? Probably only liked this game because you can kill people who are not white.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby TheLastDodo » 25 Oct 2012, 13:29

ingy wrote:This could have been the reviews for the previous two or three Call of duty's if we're honest,....kind of long overdue for the backlash to finally reach the reviewers.

Bit harsh.

CoD is far more polished than this game sounds to be.

This is taken from a review after the patch:

Button prompts are reluctant to respond. Audio cues are mistimed and subtitles contain mistakes. Objects hover and lodge in the scenery. Characters skitter and lurch across the map as they try to follow their rudimentary pathfinding, sometimes floating and gliding back into cover, sometimes flying up into the air rather than walk through a building. Enemies fire bullets that pass through brick walls, or squat in plain sight doing nothing, while you can line up headshots that fail to leave a mark. Grenades are a particular problem, often appearing without warning in illogical places. Sometimes characters just fall down dead for no apparent reason.

You're unlucky if you get one of these bugs in CoD from my experience.

Danger Close messed up the 'Start Menu', the frickin' Start Menu :lol:
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 25 Oct 2012, 13:33

What a crock of s**t, in your opinion maybe but I'm pretty sure you will find a fair few million gamers who have loved those CODs, equating this score with them is pathetic. It is time for something new for you maybe, but many are happy with a good military FPS.

Which brings us on to this, which apparently is not good. Not good reviews and I don't for a moment think they are not accurate (although have they really got a good grasp of the MP?- the main reason a lot will buy it) It does all reek a bit of emulating COD, or trying to, the beauty of the last MOH was that it was more of it's own thing which appears not the case here. Disappointing :|
KK-Headcharge78 61

Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Next