Wii U Pro Controller retro style

Your comments on our articles.

Adding a SNES twist to your Wii U

EB Games Australia has listed a 'SNES Version' Wii U Pro Controller on its website, set to launch alongside the Wii U.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Wii U Pro Controller retro style

Postby Beetle Bum » 17 Oct 2012, 07:30

just been on the GAME site and spotted call of duty black ops for the WII U for only! ONLY!!!! £54.99!!!!! ONLY!!!!!
Beetle Bum 50

Re: Wii U Pro Controller retro style

Postby Balladeer » 17 Oct 2012, 07:37

I thought this was going to be another Gangnam Style parody.
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby Asinine » 17 Oct 2012, 08:59

Beetle Bum wrote:just been on the GAME site and spotted call of duty black ops for the WII U for only! ONLY!!!! £54.99!!!!! ONLY!!!!!

Good to see Game have learn't from their financial mistakes and have found a way to win the hearts, minds and custom from their loyal customer base :roll:
Asinine 49

Postby FixBeatGames » 17 Oct 2012, 09:42

i have to admit, that controller looks very cool! 8)
FixBeatGames 41

Postby PMIKE5 » 17 Oct 2012, 10:06

Lets make this controller standard. Forever.
My artwork. Hope you like it :)
My kindle comics
PMIKE5 46

Postby chedda memba » 17 Oct 2012, 10:08

smart looking controller indeed Thats what nintendo should have brought out
chedda memba 40

Postby toaplan » 17 Oct 2012, 10:29

That SNES pad should be detachable and usable for eShop SNES games. Now it looks like it's stuck forever inside a bulky dual-analogue add-on.
toaplan 75

Postby photoboy » 17 Oct 2012, 10:45

It's always slightly annoyed me that Nintendo had all those 8-bit related celebrations a few years ago to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the NES/Famicom, releasing special edition GBAs that were themed after the colours of those consoles as well as releasing ports of many of the classic games.

Yet by comparison the Super Nintendo/Famicom has had no love at all. Its 25th anniversary came and went totally unheralded by Nintendo. I'd have replaced my DS/3DS on the spot if they'd made a Super Famicom themed one. The closest they came was releasing an SFC pad that could be used with the Wii remote for Virtual Console games.
photoboy 49

Postby PBUH » 17 Oct 2012, 11:43

Maybe the buttons on this controller will have more give than Nintendos version. I was seriously disappointed with it at the Eurogamer expo.
PBUH 29

Postby PBUH » 17 Oct 2012, 11:46

Beetle Bum wrote:just been on the GAME site and spotted call of duty black ops for the WII U for only! ONLY!!!! £54.99!!!!! ONLY!!!!!

I heard Zavvi had Call of Duty BO2 for £33 a few weeks ago. I missed my chance to pre order, but I did manage to get the Wii U premium pack for £275... so all is well :)
PBUH 29

Postby jubbgi01 » 17 Oct 2012, 13:15

photoboy wrote:It's always slightly annoyed me that Nintendo had all those 8-bit related celebrations a few years ago to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the NES/Famicom, releasing special edition GBAs that were themed after the colours of those consoles as well as releasing ports of many of the classic games.

Yet by comparison the Super Nintendo/Famicom has had no love at all. Its 25th anniversary came and went totally unheralded by Nintendo. I'd have replaced my DS/3DS on the spot if they'd made a Super Famicom themed one. The closest they came was releasing an SFC pad that could be used with the Wii remote for Virtual Console games.

The SNES came out in 1990 in Japan, which was 22 years ago. So no 25th anniversery yet.
jubbgi01 52

Xbox Live: Garethj
PSN ID: swimthefish
Steam: jubbi

Postby billysastard » 17 Oct 2012, 13:38

why does a wii u pad have a wii ir camera cover at the top of it?

the only thing i've seen like that was the datel wireless classic controller that was basically a wii remote and classic controller combined.

billysastard 63

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby Cogglesz » 17 Oct 2012, 14:03

Damn thats an extreme rip off, that itself should have a news post! Its probably to help them with giving away money for it pre-owned, can't say i've been into game in atleast a couple years now and when i did i never even bought anything, but thats just insane.

However i love this retro styled controller, the Snes buttons are great in my opinion however if i was to get myself a Wii u i'd go for the black version and i'd really prefer a black version of this controller, still its awfully cool and would get a purchase from me, would love to have a feel of it first though to compare the buttons to the old ones.
http://i.imgur.com/ShWjhnH.png
Cogglesz 60

PSN ID: Cogglesz
Steam: Cogglesz
Battle.net: TheCogglesz#2186
xFire: Cogglesz

Postby Re-MasteredMedia » 29 Nov 2012, 21:33

PBUH wrote:

I heard Zavvi had Call of Duty BO2 for £33 a few weeks ago. I missed my chance to pre order, but I did manage to get the Wii U premium pack for £275... so all is well :)

1. Many retailers are being overpriced.
2. I got mine for £275 too, just waiting for it to arrive :) Good old Zavvi :)
Re-MasteredMedia 2
New user

Postby Kibbo92 » 01 Feb 2013, 01:20

Letting yous know that this controller is a third party creation ... Meant to be a classic controller, wii remote and pro controller all in one . Even has a switch on the back to switch between the lot. But after all that it cannot be used as a pro controller , which is why I bought it . Ended up returning the next day under false advertising and bought the proper pro contoller
Kibbo92 12
New user

Next