to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retailers

Your comments on our articles.

Product description suggests it far outlasts Xbox 360 and PS3 pads

The Wii U Pro Controller battery "can last up to 80 hours on a single charge", US retailers GameStop and Amazon have claimed on their websites.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retailers

Postby BenThomasFoster » 16 Oct 2012, 12:18

Only 80 hours? Pfft I play that long in a afternoon.
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
User avatar
BenThomasFoster 49
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 01:50
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retai

Postby shogunreaper » 16 Oct 2012, 13:13

Not really relevant to me, i have never run out on a charge on my ps3 controller, since i have the brains to plug it back into the charger when i'm not using it.
shogunreaper 47
 
Posts: 693
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 10:52

Re: Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retai

Postby Bryanee1983 » 16 Oct 2012, 14:50

Without rumble it probably will, the Wavebird ran for a hell of a long time on two AA batteries.
Right now, I'm letting you live. And I'll continue to keep you alive...until you've grown enough to become worth killing.♠
Joined 2001
User avatar
Bryanee1983 59
 
Posts: 2345
Joined: 27 Nov 2005, 16:11
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retai

Postby kovin » 16 Oct 2012, 15:32

whats the deal with this controller? surely if you play a WiiU, you will be using the GamePad?
a console centred around touch screens and motion controls, isnt this admitting that a bunch of developers wont be trying to use the consoles features?
kovin 60
 
Posts: 1972
Joined: 18 Mar 2006, 18:27
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: GregorKovin

Re: Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retai

Postby steve_2003 » 16 Oct 2012, 15:55

Hmm...with the games I've seen worth playing so far, one charge could last a lifetime. :wink:
steve_2003 64
 
Posts: 1230
Joined: 17 Jan 2003, 17:05
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retai

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 16 Oct 2012, 16:28

kovin wrote:whats the deal with this controller? surely if you play a WiiU, you will be using the GamePad?
a console centred around touch screens and motion controls, isnt this admitting that a bunch of developers wont be trying to use the consoles features?


I'm guessing it makes it easier for developers to port big titles like Call of Duty across to the WiiU, rather than adding a bunch of tacked on gamepad features, they can just do a straight up port.
User avatar
Mortal Mad Matt 49
 
Posts: 370
Joined: 09 Feb 2007, 18:30
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Re: Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retai

Postby rip_it_up » 16 Oct 2012, 17:06

Mortal Mad Matt wrote:
kovin wrote:whats the deal with this controller? surely if you play a WiiU, you will be using the GamePad?
a console centred around touch screens and motion controls, isnt this admitting that a bunch of developers wont be trying to use the consoles features?


I'm guessing it makes it easier for developers to port big titles like Call of Duty across to the WiiU, rather than adding a bunch of tacked on gamepad features, they can just do a straight up port.


its for multiplayer games
rip_it_up 49
 
Posts: 292
Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 17:37
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retai

Postby Barca Azul » 16 Oct 2012, 18:23

80 hours of gaming or 80 hours? I can go weeks without charhging a dual shock if I'm not playing much in between.

80 hours of gaming seems an awful long time on a single charge. Not sayings its not possible though.
User avatar
Barca Azul 62
 
Posts: 6092
Joined: 14 Nov 2007, 18:39
Location: Spain

Re: Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retai

Postby fatherofthenoo » 16 Oct 2012, 20:51

That's ok. I don't plan on buying one anyway. After all, I am buying a Wii U to enjoy gaming with the tablet controller. Still, it is good as an extra controller for multiplayer games but I have my Wii Classic controller for that. I love how backwards compatible everything is!
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
User avatar
fatherofthenoo 41
 
Posts: 963
Joined: 16 Jan 2012, 15:42
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Re: Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retai

Postby rip_it_up » 16 Oct 2012, 20:59

fatherofthenoo wrote:That's ok. I don't plan on buying one anyway. After all, I am buying a Wii U to enjoy gaming with the tablet controller. Still, it is good as an extra controller for multiplayer games but I have my Wii Classic controller for that. I love how backwards compatible everything is!


Yeah i think its a added bonus that most things from the wii work with the wii-u
I have a tatsunoku vs capcom fightstick i bought on the cheap for the wii from zavvi. Its only cost me £15.
It uses the wii remote port like the classic controller so im hopefull it will work with wii-u fighting games too.
rip_it_up 49
 
Posts: 292
Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 17:37
Location: United Kingdom


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ding and 7 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]