to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retailers

Your comments on our articles.

Product description suggests it far outlasts Xbox 360 and PS3 pads

The Wii U Pro Controller battery "can last up to 80 hours on a single charge", US retailers GameStop and Amazon have claimed on their websites.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retailers

Postby BenThomasFoster » 16 Oct 2012, 12:18

Only 80 hours? Pfft I play that long in a afternoon.
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Re: Wii U Pro Controller battery lasts up to 80 hours, retai

Postby shogunreaper » 16 Oct 2012, 13:13

Not really relevant to me, i have never run out on a charge on my ps3 controller, since i have the brains to plug it back into the charger when i'm not using it.
shogunreaper 47

Postby Bryanee1983 » 16 Oct 2012, 14:50

Without rumble it probably will, the Wavebird ran for a hell of a long time on two AA batteries.
Right now, I'm letting you live. And I'll continue to keep you alive...until you've grown enough to become worth killing.♠
Joined 2001
Bryanee1983 59

Postby kovin » 16 Oct 2012, 15:32

whats the deal with this controller? surely if you play a WiiU, you will be using the GamePad?
a console centred around touch screens and motion controls, isnt this admitting that a bunch of developers wont be trying to use the consoles features?
kovin 60

PSN ID: GregorKovin

Postby steve_2003 » 16 Oct 2012, 15:55

Hmm...with the games I've seen worth playing so far, one charge could last a lifetime. :wink:
steve_2003 64

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 16 Oct 2012, 16:28

kovin wrote:whats the deal with this controller? surely if you play a WiiU, you will be using the GamePad?
a console centred around touch screens and motion controls, isnt this admitting that a bunch of developers wont be trying to use the consoles features?

I'm guessing it makes it easier for developers to port big titles like Call of Duty across to the WiiU, rather than adding a bunch of tacked on gamepad features, they can just do a straight up port.
Mortal Mad Matt 49

Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Postby rip_it_up » 16 Oct 2012, 17:06

Mortal Mad Matt wrote:
kovin wrote:whats the deal with this controller? surely if you play a WiiU, you will be using the GamePad?

I'm guessing it makes it easier for developers to port big titles like Call of Duty across to the WiiU, rather than adding a bunch of tacked on gamepad features, they can just do a straight up port.

its for multiplayer games
rip_it_up 49

Postby Barca Azul » 16 Oct 2012, 18:23

80 hours of gaming or 80 hours? I can go weeks without charhging a dual shock if I'm not playing much in between.

80 hours of gaming seems an awful long time on a single charge. Not sayings its not possible though.
Barca Azul 62

Postby fatherofthenoo » 16 Oct 2012, 20:51

That's ok. I don't plan on buying one anyway. After all, I am buying a Wii U to enjoy gaming with the tablet controller. Still, it is good as an extra controller for multiplayer games but I have my Wii Classic controller for that. I love how backwards compatible everything is!
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Postby rip_it_up » 16 Oct 2012, 20:59

fatherofthenoo wrote:That's ok. I don't plan on buying one anyway. After all, I am buying a Wii U to enjoy gaming with the tablet controller. Still, it is good as an extra controller for multiplayer games but I have my Wii Classic controller for that. I love how backwards compatible everything is!

Yeah i think its a added bonus that most things from the wii work with the wii-u
I have a tatsunoku vs capcom fightstick i bought on the cheap for the wii from zavvi. Its only cost me £15.
It uses the wii remote port like the classic controller so im hopefull it will work with wii-u fighting games too.
rip_it_up 49