to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

SimCity movie shows off natural disasters and UFOs

Your comments on our articles.

When meteorites, earthquakes and little green men strike...

EA has released a new SimCity movie focusing on natural disasters, which occur randomly in the game.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

SimCity movie shows off natural disasters and UFOs

Postby BeansOnToast » 15 Oct 2012, 20:53

I'd like to see EA include a random Stay Puft Marshmallow Man attack so that I can build a Ghostbusters department in my town.
BeansOnToast 29

Re: SimCity movie shows off natural disasters and UFOs

Postby Barry316 » 15 Oct 2012, 20:58

Any console versions of this planned? Sims 3 got one so hopefully this will.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby alan666 » 15 Oct 2012, 23:15

Already got the limited edition pre-ordered :mrgreen:
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby RandyChimp » 16 Oct 2012, 09:29

BeansOnToast wrote:I'd like to see EA include a random Stay Puft Marshmallow Man attack so that I can build a Ghostbusters department in my town.

Christ, someone get Maxis to see this comment. This would be bloody amazing :)
"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to shut the f**k up!"
RandyChimp 38

PSN ID: RandyChimp

Postby Black Mantis » 16 Oct 2012, 10:53

BeansOnToast wrote:I'd like to see EA include a random Stay Puft Marshmallow Man attack so that I can build a Ghostbusters department in my town.

Well, they've got the superhero feature, so it can't be too way out there for them to include that.
Black Mantis 67

Postby corkscru74 » 16 Oct 2012, 14:03

Yes, yes but can I build my city on Rock 'n' Roll? :D
corkscru74 50

Xbox Live: Corkscru74

Postby LordVonPS3 » 16 Oct 2012, 14:13

If we're going to have UFOs, then there needs to be invasions - think Alien Nation.

Couldn't EA be a little more innovative instead of pulling in the same old features from previous SimCity games? We should have nuclear missiles / build silo options (which could be a side-effect of having a military base in our city), we should have nuclear submarines, stealth planes and spy drones (both appearing over our city - which we should have to shoot down, plus those which we can send out - to gain new technologies), secret agent agencies, protests (slowing down public transport), base jumping / parachuting daredevils, picket lines and riots, space programmes, IT / broadband / telecommunications incentives, police brutality, Tsunamis, religious terrorist bombings, a proper banking sector, other modes of public transport - like monorails / zeppelins / bicycle lanes, crime & drug rings, giant supermarket chains overrunning commercial zones, the ability to invoke austerity measures en masse (rather than having to repeal city incentives), infamous serial murderers, car park taxes, global economy and green issues with trade markets, farming / fishing quotas, ozone layer holes / smog / acid rain, etc.

Just not sure what this new SimCity really offers that'll wow the punters. Public awareness of city / national / global issues has changed a lot since the 1990s and I am yet to see evidence of how this game has evolved to keep pace. I would like to see a technical piece evidencing how EA are taxing the CPU / GPU with the wealth of stats they claim to be tracking. I'd be quietly confident that the older versions could be ported to run comfortably in Flash or Java given the available power of PC and console hardware today. I guess the graphics improvements over previous versions will help to sell the game again but as someone who still gets occasional enjoyment from the older versions I'll wait to see more.
LordVonPS3 57