to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Why I love... Skate

Your comments on our articles.

EA's instinctive, creative Skate series flipped my opinion of skateboarding, writes Nathan Irvine

As a Tony Hawk loyalist, I was reluctant to get on board with EA's Skate back in 2007. The analogue stick controls appeared daunting, especially for a man that was still playing the likes of Pro Evolution Soccer with the D-pad long after everyone had gone stick twiddling mad.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Why I love... Skate

Postby JD_Method » 13 Oct 2012, 13:49

Nathan Irvine! Been too long since I've heard your voice on the GamesRadar podcast!

Great feature. I also have a love for the Skate series, despite not being all that good at them.
For when you're sick of watching quality videos, check out my selection of half-arsed, on-the-s**t-side videos on YouTube: GameCheeseHD
JD_Method 58

Re: Why I love... Skate

Postby rbt2 » 13 Oct 2012, 14:10

I love skate but we only have that on 'special' days.

If I'm honest, rock salmon is me fave.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Re: Why I love... Skate

Postby corkscru74 » 14 Oct 2012, 11:31

The original Skate was an amazing wake up call and, like you said, killed the Tony Hawk series stone-dead (well, that and the fact my mate Tim could get 3 million point combos without breaking a sweat!).

I would not like to know how many hours I spent perfecting a line and then the additional hours I then spent editing the video. That was thing about Skate though, you had a HUGE city to explore but could spend hours in the same 100 metre stretch.
corkscru74 50

Xbox Live: Corkscru74