to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Designer conflicted over Dishonored sequel

Your comments on our articles.

Harvey Smith tempted to offer just one fleeting glimpse into Dunwall

The development executive who helped build Arkane's critically acclaimed Dishonored says he is unsure whether a sequel to the game will be developed.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Designer conflicted over Dishonored sequel

Postby StonecoldMC » 12 Oct 2012, 16:53

If no one buys it, he can get away with saying its a one off.

If enough people buy it, he can say there making the sequel to help with demand from fans of the Game.

Ill be playing this over the weekend and hope its as good as everyone says, hope that lots of people have bought it and hope that we do get a sequel. All things permitting.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Re: Designer conflicted over Dishonored sequel

Postby fionn1 » 12 Oct 2012, 17:05

im in work and its turned up....cant wait to get home, between this and borders I may be divorced by next week for neglecting my wifey !!!
fionn1 45

Xbox Live: Breenington

Postby You shlaaaag » 12 Oct 2012, 17:27

StonecoldMC wrote:If no one buys it, he can get away with saying its a one off.

If enough people buy it, he can say there making the sequel to help with demand from fans of the Game.

Ill be playing this over the weekend and hope its as good as everyone says, hope that lots of people have bought it and hope that we do get a sequel. All things permitting.

I will respectfully disagree with you there. I want Dishonoured to do banging business, not so that we get a sequel, but so that publishers will take more of a punt on new IP. If Arkane have another original idea up their sleeves then let's see it. I do, however, understand your sentiment.
You shlaaaag 37

Postby flyfletch » 12 Oct 2012, 17:49

StonecoldMC wrote:If no one buys it, he can get away with saying its a one off.

I have been playing only this from yesterday, its amazing! The reviews for this have been bang on! :)
flyfletch 71

Postby TheLastDodo » 12 Oct 2012, 17:49

I put Dishonored on for a couple of hours today and spent that time exploring The Hounds Pit's pub, the surrounding area and buildings, talked to everyone, read all the books I found, went for a swim in the river and took in the ambience of the seaside.

Bottom line: If you finish this game in four hours then and I know it sounds arrogant, but you're playing it wrong.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby rhyfel » 12 Oct 2012, 18:01

if it sells well you can bet your life they will make a sequel.
rhyfel 37

Postby flyfletch » 12 Oct 2012, 18:32

TheLastDodo wrote:I put Dishonored on for a couple of hours today and spent that time exploring The Hounds Pit's pub, the surrounding area and buildings, talked to everyone, read all the books I found, went for a swim in the river and took in the ambience of the seaside.

Bottom line: If you finish this game in four hours then and I know it sounds arrogant, but you're playing it wrong.

Has someone completed it in 4 hours? What a waste of a good game! I have spent hours finding bone charms and runes in the first few levels! As you say, if this is the case they are playing it wrong!
flyfletch 71

Postby Lady Gagagged » 12 Oct 2012, 18:37

I haven't played it, but is there a speed run trophy/achievement that would encourage trying to complete it in under four hours then?
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby flyfletch » 12 Oct 2012, 18:39

Lady Gagagged wrote:I haven't played it, but is there a speed run trophy/achievement that would encourage trying to complete it in under four hours then?

Never thought of that, ill have to take a look and see.
flyfletch 71

Postby darry » 12 Oct 2012, 18:42

Lady Gagagged wrote:I haven't played it, but is there a speed run trophy/achievement that would encourage trying to complete it in under four hours then?

The four hours thing was a rumour before it came out, I've not heard of anyone managing to actually finish it in that time. Anyway, as many people have pointed out before, it's possible to 'complete' Skyrim in less than three hours. Personally, I don't really see the point of skipping the story/side quests on a first play through.
darry 54

Postby JustOneMoreGo » 12 Oct 2012, 18:44

Doesn't need a sequel. But if it does well enough we'll probably get one and like Bioshock 2, another unnecessary sequel, it will be decidedly average.
stealth wrote:I post facts...
JustOneMoreGo 33

Postby Lady Gagagged » 12 Oct 2012, 18:45

Cheers Darry.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby TheLastDodo » 12 Oct 2012, 18:48

@Gaga

Haven't looked at the achievements yet, apparently there's some super hard ones like finishing the game on hardest difficulty without killing, without setting alarms off and without been spotted.

I dunno if anyone has actually finished it in 4 hours, could understand it for a speed run after a proper playthrough but it'd be a waste to ignore so much of what makes this game so good
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 12 Oct 2012, 19:09

JustOneMoreGo wrote:Doesn't need a sequel. But if it does well enough we'll probably get one and like Bioshock 2, another unnecessary sequel, it will be decidedly average.

I really enjoyed Bioshock 2, it's not as good as the first but still better than most other shooters out there.
Mortal Mad Matt 49

Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Postby BenThomasFoster » 12 Oct 2012, 19:25

I wouldn't mind a more spiritual successor/sequal sort of game rather than straight up sequal. they've got the gameplay right and art right, but the world to me is a bit depressing to jump into again and again.
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Next