to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

PlayStation Mobile Trophy support in the works

Your comments on our articles.

Adding PSN features "is a priority for us," says Sony mobile exec

Sony is working to add Trophies, leaderboards and other PSN features to the new PlayStation Mobile platform.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

PlayStation Mobile Trophy support in the works

Postby Solm » 11 Oct 2012, 15:55

Hurry up and bring it to Ireland, please.
PSN ID: Solm67
I'm a father that doesn't want to grow up.
Solm 53

Xbox Live: SOLM
PSN ID: Solm67
Steam: Solm1967

Re: PlayStation Mobile Trophy support in the works

Postby chamony » 11 Oct 2012, 16:22

i dont get trophys/acheivements - wow i got a trophy for completing level 1 - another trophy for my first headshot - awesome, and it gets you what?

nothing new! nothing unlocked and nothing free, just something for 12 year olds to rave about
chamony 39

Xbox Live: 1amGOD
PSN ID: 1amGOD
Steam: 1amGOD

Postby KrisaimUK » 11 Oct 2012, 16:48

^^^^
lol What a tool. I love them. I'm 41 not 12. :)
I have so much more play time out of games that only seem to last about 6-7 hours by hunting out trophies. Everyone to there own, yes, but don't bash something you don't enjoy. It's not for kids??
KrisaimUK 33

Postby robbiej55 » 11 Oct 2012, 17:10

KrisaimUK wrote:I have so much more play time out of games that only seem to last about 6-7 hours by hunting out trophies. Everyone to there own, yes, but don't bash something you don't enjoy. It's not for kids??

Exactly, I love trophies they give me motivation to explore games in different ways and spend longer with them than I would without trophies. I think it's great that I can play through a game the way I want, then go back and look for all the hidden extras and different ways of playing that the developers have put in there and then have some recognition for doing so.
robbiej55 32

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 11 Oct 2012, 17:15

I loved the introduction of trophies/achievements.

It enabled me to actually finish games, ive always been the kind of person who bought a game every week then didnt bother completing it because oh look another purchase, by throwing achievements into the mix i found my obsessive compulsive personality forced me to at the very least finish stuff before moving on. Some days it gets the better of me and i find myself doing a game just because its 100% doable but the positive benefits outweigh the bad for me. I also do multiple playthroughs on games now, something i never ever did in the past so it helps make my purchases feel like better value for money.

On the kids only care about achievements argument the dude who posted earlier could not be more wrong, the guys who have the insane trophy scores/achievements are usually in their 20's and 30's because they can afford to by lots of games to get the high achievement totals, kids that i unfortunately run into on xbox live etc usually obsess over hacking a game or cheats ie Borderlands 1&2 weapons glitches or finding ways to cheat at COD etc.
Megatrons_Fury 50

Postby Barca Azul » 11 Oct 2012, 17:17

I like them too, and I'm almost 40.

I'd like to know why, even though I use the same account, works on the Vita, why my Vita trophies don't update on the PS3?

Am I doing something wrong?
Barca Azul 62

Postby Barry316 » 11 Oct 2012, 17:23

Barca Azul wrote:I like them too, and I'm almost 40.

I'd like to know why, even though I use the same account, works on the Vita, why my Vita trophies don't update on the PS3?

Nope they simply don't appear on the PS3, they add to your overall level still though. Would have thought an update would have been made by now but it doesn't look like it will.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby Lady Gagagged » 11 Oct 2012, 17:24

They add to the level and percentage you have just don't appear on your list. My mate Jaffa moans about it all the time. I'm more annoyed that I'm spending christmas at my sisters and she wants me to bring Buzz Quiz TV. She's got her own PS3 so insists I don't bring mine, but the only trophy I need is the 50 multiplayer games. It has to be on mine to get the trophy as I've got two PS3s registered.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby budge » 11 Oct 2012, 18:01

I love the names of Trophies/Achievments and their references like the 'Clever Girl' one in Dead Space 2 (probably the most thing I enjoyed about that game!)
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby damoxuk » 11 Oct 2012, 18:29

Adding trophies / LEaderboards is only a good thing - especially for the Deves of said games as given the choice of a game with or without trophies - many people, not all will choose the game with trophies.

Adding trophy support and Leaderboards will increase sales and that will mean MORE games.

Remember if you don't like trophies then that's fine they aren't essential to the enjoyment of the game just a BONUS feature.

However many people do like them and some a lot, the same people who will buy these games if they had trophys.
damoxuk 54

Xbox Live: damoxuk
PSN ID: damoxuk
Steam: damoxuk

Postby jaffa cake king » 11 Oct 2012, 19:54

Barry316 wrote:Nope they simply don't appear on the PS3, they add to your overall level still though. Would have thought an update would have been made by now but it doesn't look like it will.

Sony really need to sort this out. It should have been a day 1 function. They really baffle me with some of their decisions at times.
jaffa cake king 35

Xbox Live: Jaffa Cake King
PSN ID: jaffa_cake_king
Steam: Jaffa Cake King

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 11 Oct 2012, 21:28

Lady Gagagged wrote:

They add to the level and percentage you have just don't appear on your list. My mate Jaffa moans about it all the time. I'm more annoyed that I'm spending christmas at my sisters and she wants me to bring Buzz Quiz TV. She's got her own PS3 so insists I don't bring mine, but the only trophy I need is the 50 multiplayer games. It has to be on mine to get the trophy as I've got two PS3s registered.

Actually it doesn't have to be on your PS3 mate, that whole registered on 2 PS3's is for store content only.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch