to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Windows 8 Marketplace won't sell 18-rated games

Your comments on our articles.

Plenty of top titles won't be available from the digital store in Europe

Windows 8 Marketplace won't sell 18-rated games.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Windows 8 Marketplace won't sell 18-rated games

Postby Drusus » 11 Oct 2012, 11:42

Yeah, explain to me again why you think I'd use this over Steam when Steam keep giving me treats and you keep kicking me in the head?

Same question to Origin.
Drusus 56

Re: Windows 8 Marketplace won't sell 18-rated games

Postby TheRandyNinja » 11 Oct 2012, 12:49

i dont really see a problem with this most adults who want to game on a pc would use steam anyway just makes the os a little more kid proof
TheRandyNinja 53

Xbox Live: Randy Ninja
PSN ID: Randy Ninja

Postby filth87 » 11 Oct 2012, 12:59

TheRandyNinja wrote:i dont really see a problem with this most adults who want to game on a pc would use steam anyway just makes the os a little more kid proof

But for a company that are trying to build a platform as big as steam this is a terrible move.
filth87 41

Postby TheRandyNinja » 11 Oct 2012, 13:08

filth87 wrote:But for a company that are trying to build a platform as big as steam this is a terrible move.

But thats good news isn't it. do you really want to see ms control the whole platform. if they know there place and stick to releasing apps then it would be welcomed more than a competitor to steam. the last thing you want is ms trying to close off windows and try to control the market.
TheRandyNinja 53

Xbox Live: Randy Ninja
PSN ID: Randy Ninja

Postby damoxuk » 11 Oct 2012, 13:11

This is yet another stupid and pointless decision made by Microsoft. So Windows 8 is aimed at under 16 year old's now is? 8)
damoxuk 54

Xbox Live: damoxuk
PSN ID: damoxuk
Steam: damoxuk

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 11 Oct 2012, 13:22

Drusus wrote:Yeah, explain to me again why you think I'd use this over Steam when Steam keep giving me treats and you keep kicking me in the head?

Same question to Origin.

This. Seriously thinking about ditching Windows and moving to lynux if Valve manage to get most of the the stuff on the store compatible with it.

From the test data it sounds like it runs most things miles better.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 65

Postby FishyGinger » 11 Oct 2012, 13:27

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:
This. Seriously thinking about ditching Windows and moving to lynux if Valve manage to get most of the the stuff on the store compatible with it.

It doesn't really attract women, it's a complete lie.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 66

Postby MPH » 11 Oct 2012, 13:40

CVG there's an error in the title. It says "Windows 8 Marketplace won't sell 18-rated games" but really it should say "Windows 8 Marketplace won't sell any games (as no-one will buy them - Steam's much better and all that yo)".
MPH 52

Postby BeansOnToast » 11 Oct 2012, 17:51

Now I understand why Microsoft have designed Windows 8 to look like a nursery wall display.
BeansOnToast 29

Postby Lady Gagagged » 11 Oct 2012, 18:02

I wish you lot would just shut up and die. You'll still have steam, oddly if you were on fire I wouldn't give you mine off my p**s, so you where never going to be supporting Microsoft. It's so sodding easy to get age rated content online, yet you morons will blame the parents when it leads to little timmy killing his class mates or dying after a fifty two minute attention span.

This is a clever move as Microsoft aren't preventing you lot getting your content but are saying here is the stuff you want your kids to have. Only a bunch of opinionated fuckwits would see this as affecting them.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby alan666 » 11 Oct 2012, 22:26

MicroSoft are really going after Apples audience aren't they, with a closed & locked down system, where by you can only play what games/apps THEY want you to play.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
PSN ID: B1G_A1AN
Wii Code: Wii U + B1G_A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby TehSlenderMan » 12 Oct 2012, 07:41

Lady Gagagged wrote:I wish you lot would just shut up and die. You'll still have steam, oddly if you were on fire I wouldn't give you mine off my p**s, so you where never going to be supporting Microsoft. It's so sodding easy to get age rated content online, yet you morons will blame the parents when it leads to little timmy killing his class mates or dying after a fifty two minute attention span.

This is a clever move as Microsoft aren't preventing you lot getting your content but are saying here is the stuff you want your kids to have. Only a bunch of opinionated fuckwits would see this as affecting them.

Judging from your name, and the things you're saying. You're a complete asshat. Nuff' said. Disappointing to hear this news, but I wasn't planning on using their Marketplace anyways, so makes no matter to me :P hell, wasn't even planning on using Windows 8.
Have a Steam, Origin(Sadly) and Battle.net Account.
Steam: Darksiders 2, All CoDs, Saints Row 3, CSS, DoD:s, Killing Floor, DX:HR, CS:GO, many more.
Origin: Battlefield 3, Syndicate, and Mass Effect 3.
Battle.net: Diablo 2 LoD, StarCraft 2, and Diablo 3.
TehSlenderMan 31

Xbox Live: TehSlenderrMan
Steam: Teh Slender Man
Battle.net: SlenderMan#1735