Rome 2: Total War releasing October 2013 - report

Your comments on our articles.

New book deal hints at the launch date for Creative Assembly's game

Rome 2: Total War is reportedly set for release in October 2013.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Two Pennys Worth » 10 Oct 2012, 11:36

Please be coming to next gen consoles too. Although i have a gaming pc, i just prefer playing consoles in comfort in front of my tv rather than being hunched over a desk with with a keyboard and mouse. Absolutely loved shogun 2 though.
Two Pennys Worth 57

Postby CrispyLog » 10 Oct 2012, 11:44

But that's so far away!
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 75

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Re: Rome 2: Total War releasing October 2013 - report

Postby BenThomasFoster » 10 Oct 2012, 13:19

erm... alexander the great and fall of carthage aren't even close in time periods...

I'd reather have a rome TV series style fiction than a balls to the wall style
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby woodins » 10 Oct 2012, 13:23

Still keep going back to the original - the barbarian campaign and the mods that have been made for it are just incredible. Sounds silly but I would be content with a simple "next-gen" touch up. At last, a reason for me to buy a new PC. At least I know I have one whole year to save up for a machine that can run this on max settings.
Paracetamol will not bring back a dead hooker. Trust me.
woodins 36

Postby Jamie Lindsay » 15 Feb 2013, 02:38

Two Pennys Worth wrote:Please be coming to next gen consoles too. Although i have a gaming pc, i just prefer playing consoles in comfort in front of my tv rather than being hunched over a desk with with a keyboard and mouse. Absolutely loved shogun 2 though.

oh man?!?! RTS was born for and should only be on the PC, its the point and click that makes it possible... ever tried playing Command and conquer on the xbox, it just dosnt work having to select then drag with the analogue is just flimsy and time consuming, even the next gen consoles with be poorer than computers now, its in their nature, made cheaply to maximise profits. if total war games came to console it would be the death of the company due to high demands of release by the companies who own the consoles. reducing overal quality of the game, it happened with crysis. it may be different with the new consoles but IMO, games that are made in conjunction with PC is like a plague ive never seen a PC born game actually improve when its been ported over... actually that was a lie oblivion on the PS3 was miles better to play until the vast amount of mods were released.

i also feel that PC games have a longer shelf life as they can be modded by the comunity whereas with console games once finished they are abit of a dead end.

dude just buy a comfy seat, and a bigger monitor. expencive you say? well look at the price of a PS3 or XBOX and imagine what they will be when they get hardware from 2011 heh heh
Jamie Lindsay 1
New user