to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Plans for Gears of War film 'still alive', claims report

Your comments on our articles.

Epic reps said to be looking for new producers

Plans to develop a Gears of War film have been revived, according to a fresh report.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Plans for Gears of War film 'still alive', claims report

Postby StonecoldMC » 10 Oct 2012, 10:11

I think that both Halo and Gears could make a very easy transition to large full on Hollywood blockbusters.

C'mon guys! Hurry up!
StonecoldMC 79
Global Moderator

Re: Plans for Gears of War film 'still alive', claims report

Postby El Mag » 10 Oct 2012, 10:18

Unless you're Michael Bay.

If you are then you just stick to messing with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles backstory so they're aliens instead of mutants!

Sorry, I'm alright now.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 67

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby StonecoldMC » 10 Oct 2012, 10:26

*Shudders*
StonecoldMC 79
Global Moderator

Postby ensabahnur » 10 Oct 2012, 10:27

Maybe they could actually explain where the Locust came from, why Myrrha looks human, what the Sires were and all the rest of the stuff the games themselves didn't explain in the movie without having to read all the extra media that these franchises seem to sprout.

And yeah if Bay goes down that route then somebody finally needs to take him down. After his near raping of the Transformers Universe i'm surprised anyone let him near their intellectual property again.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby FishyGinger » 10 Oct 2012, 10:37

Films based on games almost always go wrong. I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Although Mario Bros was film gold. Good ol' bob-oskins
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 66

Postby ensabahnur » 10 Oct 2012, 10:49

FishyGinger wrote:Films based on games almost always go wrong. I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Although Mario Bros was film gold. Good ol' bob-oskins
Dennis Hopper as Bowser was a genius bit of casting.
ensabahnur 68

Postby richomack360 » 10 Oct 2012, 10:51

ensabahnur wrote:Maybe they could actually explain where the Locust came from, why Myrrha looks human, what the Sires were and all the rest of the stuff the games themselves didn't explain in the movie without having to read all the extra media that these franchises seem to sprout.

And yeah if Bay goes down that route then somebody finally needs to take him down. After his near raping of the Transformers Universe i'm surprised anyone let him near their intellectual property again.

The Locust came from Basingstoke, Myrrha looks human but it's actually Dale Winton with a face mask and the Sires came about as a freak experiment involving mentos, coca cola, play dough and sterident.

Michael Bay is just Paul "WS" (wankstain) Andersen with explosions
Currently playing: Pokemon X - ask for my friend code !

Follow me on Twitter - @richomack360 and XBL: richomack360

Didn't get a WiiU for Xmas - boo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
richomack360 59
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby ensabahnur » 10 Oct 2012, 11:02

richomack360 wrote:
The Locust came from Basingstoke, Myrrha looks human but it's actually Dale Winton with a face mask and the Sires came about as a freak experiment involving mentos, coca cola, play dough and sterident.

Ta, you've saved me a fortune in not needing to buy those books now. Who'd have thunk it though, Dale Winton on another planet! :shock:

And Paul WS Andersen is a god!!

He must be if he gets to pump Milla Jovovich every night, it can be the only reason.
ensabahnur 68

Postby c97dem » 10 Oct 2012, 11:03

Len Wiseman is attached to direct at the moment.....so expect Kate Beckinsale to play Marcus Fenix :?
c97dem 54

Xbox Live: magic mugs
PSN ID: chenzee
Steam: thenephilim79

Postby FishyGinger » 10 Oct 2012, 11:11

c97dem wrote:Len Wiseman is attached to direct at the moment.....so expect Kate Beckinsale to play Marcus Fenix :?

Isn't he a judge on strictly come dancing?
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 66

Postby richomack360 » 10 Oct 2012, 11:50

ensabahnur wrote:
richomack360 wrote:

Ta, you've saved me a fortune in not needing to buy those books now. Who'd have thunk it though, Dale Winton on another planet! :shock:

And Paul WS Andersen is a god!!

He must be if he gets to pump Milla Jovovich every night, it can be the only reason.

Dale Winton NEEDS to be on another planet !!! Paul Anderson (I hate people that put middle initials in to sound different) has never made a good film and the reason the Resident Evil films are so bad – Milla Jojovich. If those two were not knobbing each other she would not be in the films, therefore no silly Alice character, no silly plot.

Well actually…it still would have been rubbish. Jeez I hate those films with a fiery passion. Would rather watch an Adam Sandler film whilst angle grinding my nut sack.

….would you continually knob someone if they kept casting you in the lead role for films, whilst getting millions in doing so ?

richomack360 59
Global Moderator

Postby ensabahnur » 10 Oct 2012, 12:05

richomack360 wrote:
Dale Winton NEEDS to be on another planet !!! Paul Anderson (I hate people that put middle initials in to sound different) has never made a good film and the reason the Resident Evil films are so bad – Milla Jojovich. If those two were not knobbing each other she would not be in the films, therefore no silly Alice character, no silly plot.

Well actually…it still would have been rubbish. Jeez I hate those films with a fiery passion. Would rather watch an Adam Sandler film whilst angle grinding my nut sack.

….would you continually knob someone if they kept casting you in the lead role for films, whilst getting millions in doing so ?
Yeah that the real reason, unless he's hung!!

Though i will throw out Event Horizon which he directed. I did enjoy that.
ensabahnur 68

Postby richomack360 » 10 Oct 2012, 12:16

ensabahnur wrote:
richomack360 wrote:

Yeah that the real reason, unless he's hung!!

Though i will throw out Event Horizon which he directed. I did enjoy that.

Shuld be hung from a tree for crimes against cinema.

Event Horizon, looking back on it, wasn't that good. It was ok. just wondering if a remake might be possible as he is looking to cast his wife again in something lol

richomack360 59
Global Moderator

Postby rhyfel » 10 Oct 2012, 14:37

if a gears film is going to be made please please will UWE BOLL keep well away.
rhyfel 36