XCOM: Enemy Unknown console demo out now

Your comments on our articles.

Sample one of the best strategy games in recent memory

2K Games has released an XCOM: Enemy Unknown console demo to coincide with the game's release in the US today.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby sulli456 » 09 Oct 2012, 18:20

The demo sold to it me (on PC) I hadn't really paid much attention to it because i had heard something of a fps and didn't want that. When i actually realised what it was i was much more interested and having a bash on the demo really did sell it to me and it got itself a pre order. I am just super frustrated that i have to wait till the 12th to play it. Why in this day and age are we still stuck with multiple different release dates with americans enjoying it and rubbing it in our faces on a tuesday while everyone else has to wait till friday.

Rant over, if you are on the fence get the demo, worked on me.
sulli456 47

Postby freds1 » 09 Oct 2012, 18:26

Yyyeeah baby, order has just been posted :D

I don't think this game will disappoint, but if it does then I'm the guy in this youtube clip. And the developers, the woman.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ Eeeeyyyy sexy laaaaaadyyyy
ヘ( ̄ー ̄ヘ) Op
(ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ Op
(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Op
〜( ̄△ ̄〜) Op
(☞゚∀゚)☞ Oppa Gangnam Style
freds1 57

Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown console demo out now

Postby damoxuk » 09 Oct 2012, 23:23

It's been like that for ages it's just how releases work.

In the US all Games/DVD's/Blu-Rays reelease on Tuesday here it's diff we get DVD's/Blu-Rays Monday (a day early than US in a lot of cases or 1 week in the case of Avengers.

Whilst games have always released on friday, been like this since speccy days :)

It's only like 3 days.
damoxuk 54

Xbox Live: damoxuk
PSN ID: damoxuk
Steam: damoxuk

Postby MrPirtniw » 09 Oct 2012, 23:49

Not sure what to think of the 360 demo... It was like Xcom light which has always been my main concern. But then it was only a demo. Maybe a bit too much handholding so it's hard to say, really. Still got it preordered though.

Not sure I like the way the soldiers have specific abilities- makes them far less adaptive in a fire fight but it does make you concentrate on where to put each of them (like chess pieces, really).

Still concerned on how scripted it is and how small the levels are. Being shot at something from the darkness was a lot more nerve racking than a cutscene showing a bunch of aliens jumping behind cover.

Why do all the soldiers have American accents when they're meant to be from all over the world? The cutscenes and characters in the base were a bit lame too- as were the voice overs.

It's been getting rave reviews from everywhere though so I'm sure it'll still be great even if it doesn't match the original. Fingers are crossed. Otherwise I'm going after Firaxis and will jab them all in the gums with my screwdriver.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw

Postby c97dem » 10 Oct 2012, 09:05

Demo wasn't too bad, loved how my soldier Charlie Stewart from Scotland was from that well known area of Scotland called....New York...shame the accents jar you out of it a bit

But will pick this up when back from hols in a week or so
c97dem 55

Xbox Live: magic mugs
PSN ID: chenzee
Steam: thenephilim79

Postby budge » 10 Oct 2012, 11:20

:(

PSN + Sky Broadband = sloooooooow!
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67

Postby Mathlete » 10 Oct 2012, 14:07

Anyone know when this is out on PSN? Still no demo on mine, and Microsoft are having a laugh giving the demo to Gold members only first.
Mathlete 11
New user

Postby budge » 11 Oct 2012, 10:44

The anthill style base is brilliant! :)
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67