Tomb Raider: Survival and Collector's editions announced

Your comments on our articles.

First round of UK and Ireland pre-order bonuses also detailed

Square Enix has announced Survival and Collector's editions of Tomb Raider, while revealing pre-order incentives being offered by key retail partners in the UK and Ireland.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Tomb Raider: Survival and Collector's editions announced

Postby brookie_2001 » 09 Oct 2012, 16:59

When you read the first line of the shopto.net exclusive. It sounds like the worst pre-order bonus ever :P

Looking forward to this game and am still hoping that isn't all action and more platforming. All the trailers up until now seem to focus on action
brookie_2001 62

Re: Tomb Raider: Survival and Collector's editions announced

Postby alan666 » 09 Oct 2012, 17:18

The Tesco one seems to be the best version :?
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby Mini-Nev » 09 Oct 2012, 17:47

Why do game get the good pre-order bonuses nobody like them, it mean we miss out on great bonues. Also shopto.net (who I order all my games with) have the worst bonus ever!
"There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."
Mini-Nev 43

Xbox Live: minin3v
PSN ID: MLNLN3V

Postby sonic_uk » 09 Oct 2012, 18:06

I really can't stand this "buy it from here, get this" lark. Just release a physical game, and a Special Edition with lots of extra physical collectors stuff. All this "special weapon" dlc crap just gives players who bought the game in a certain place an advantage for about a week until the dlc (that is cut from the full game anyway) is released. What happens is you either end up spending the cost of the game, plus the cost of the game again to get everything that's been cut out (as you simply cannot buy it from one place and get it all) or you miss out on stuff that in fairness should be on the disc (and is some cases it already is). Its a f***ing liberty. And Shopto you disappoint me. You are normally my go-to place for games but if I want to get a Collectible comic book (which is a great idea btw) it should be a physical thing. A comic book that's digital isn't really a collectible now is it?

Anyway, I'll be buying the Edition that has the most physical Collectible goodies, but I don't want the Lara figure so whichever one that is? I think its the Survival Edition? And Amazon announced a Special Edition of their own about a week ago? I've lost track of all this.......
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Postby phate666 » 09 Oct 2012, 19:55

sonic_uk wrote:I really can't stand this "buy it from here, get this" lark. Just release a physical game, and a Special Edition with lots of extra physical collectors stuff. All this "special weapon" dlc crap just gives players who bought the game in a certain place an advantage for about a week until the dlc (that is cut from the full game anyway) is released. What happens is you either end up spending the cost of the game, plus the cost of the game again to get everything that's been cut out (as you simply cannot buy it from one place and get it all) or you miss out on stuff that in fairness should be on the disc (and is some cases it already is). Its a f***ing liberty. And Shopto you disappoint me. You are normally my go-to place for games but if I want to get a Collectible comic book (which is a great idea btw) it should be a physical thing. A comic book that's digital isn't really a collectible now is it?

Anyway, I'll be buying the Edition that has the most physical Collectible goodies, but I don't want the Lara figure so whichever one that is? I think its the Survival Edition? And Amazon announced a Special Edition of their own about a week ago? I've lost track of all this.......

+1
"You gonna eat that stapler?"

"Wanna split it?"
phate666 51

Xbox Live: PillowyBarbecue
PSN ID: phate666

Postby billysastard » 09 Oct 2012, 22:14

sonic_uk wrote:I really can't stand this "buy it from here, get this" lark. Just release a physical game, and a Special Edition with lots of extra physical collectors stuff. All this "special weapon" dlc crap just gives players who bought the game in a certain place an advantage for about a week until the dlc (that is cut from the full game anyway) is released. What happens is you either end up spending the cost of the game, plus the cost of the game again to get everything that's been cut out (as you simply cannot buy it from one place and get it all) or you miss out on stuff that in fairness should be on the disc (and is some cases it already is). Its a f***ing liberty. And Shopto you disappoint me. You are normally my go-to place for games but if I want to get a Collectible comic book (which is a great idea btw) it should be a physical thing. A comic book that's digital isn't really a collectible now is it?

very well said, its time they stopped cutting game content then splitting it across multiple retailers and pretending that a bucketload of dlc somehow makes a limited edition, the problem is that people still go out and buy it and whilstever people are stupid enough to do that the publishers will continue to find even more ways to push their anti consumer digital agenda.

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby Lady Gagagged » 09 Oct 2012, 22:22

Bearing in mind a lot of digital DLC requires a PC rather than your console of choice or a convuluted registering system they can sod off.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby alan666 » 09 Oct 2012, 23:52

The retailers go to the developers/publishers & ask for pre-order bonus items to encourage people to buy the game from them & not other retailers this is why it is happening more & more often.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby BOYD1981 » 10 Oct 2012, 10:56

These kind of "specil" edition deals never make me want to pre-order or buy the game from a specific retailer, they make me want to wait until a GoTY edition comes out therefore taking away from day one sales.
Seems like every damn game made these days has several different editions rather than just giving the gamers the game they want.
BOYD1981 47

Postby sonic_uk » 15 Oct 2012, 20:18

Yes indeed. I would like the "No-content-cut-from-the-full-game-Edition" myself, but we all know that ain't gonna happen in this day and age! God I'm old. I should rename myself as CrankyKong_Uk...
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56