to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Dishonored Q&A: Your questions, given a good answering

Your comments on our articles.

Everything YOU wanted to know about Bethesda's Game Of The Year contender

Hello! I'm Alex, CVG's Games Editor (no, I don't know what that means either). I wrote our monstrous 95%-rated Dishonored review and I've played through the game twice (getting a High Chaos rating both times, but - hey! - nobody's perfect), so I know a little bit about the game.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Dishonored Q&A: Your questions, given a good answering

Postby dicky1993 » 09 Oct 2012, 12:42

ha ! to middle fingers question
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Re: Dishonored Q&A: Your questions, given a good answering

Postby Tamoor » 09 Oct 2012, 12:49

"However I was able to overlook that issue because, as you rightly point out, I'm massively corrupt and Bethesda bought me a Ferrari in exchange for a good review score."

Ahahahahaahahahaha.

Sersiously though, can I have a ride please Alex?
Follow me on Twitter y'al: http://www.twitter.com/tamoorh
Watch me play stuff on Twitch in my pants: http://www.twitch.tv/tamoorh
Tamoor
CVG Staff

Postby appyday » 09 Oct 2012, 12:58

Tamoor wrote:"However I was able to overlook that issue because, as you rightly point out, I'm massively corrupt and Bethesda bought me a Ferrari in exchange for a good review score."

Ahahahahaahahahaha.

Sersiously though, can I have a ride please Alex?

Best comeback this week....
appyday 40

PSN ID: appyday

Postby rene9ade » 09 Oct 2012, 23:55

rene9ade

i sincerely thank you for your answer, One more reason to love CVG .

thanks dude
rene9ade 5
New user

Postby willbrowne81 » 10 Oct 2012, 09:43

received a copy of dishonoured yesterday and i have to say i think the graphics (xbox) version are really rather terrible.

the character models are nice and cartoonish but the textures are so low resolution! i thought the unreal engine was doing its nasty streaming textures thing and i waited for some nice hi res images to pop in but it was not to be.

The gameplay is solid bust the graphics sit somewhere between halflife 2 and bioshock, with very low texture detail.

I can't believe no reviewer has mentioned this.
I wouldnt say boo to a goose, not because iam a coward. Because its mainily pointless.
willbrowne81 40

Postby fionn1 » 10 Oct 2012, 11:45

willbrowne81 wrote:received a copy of dishonoured yesterday and i have to say i think the graphics (xbox) version are really rather terrible.

the character models are nice and cartoonish but the textures are so low resolution! i thought the unreal engine was doing its nasty streaming textures thing and i waited for some nice hi res images to pop in but it was not to be.

The gameplay is solid bust the graphics sit somewhere between halflife 2 and bioshock, with very low texture detail.

I can't believe no reviewer has mentioned this.

Surely that cant be right....the screens and videos look great, unless its all been on those pesky high end PC'S!
fionn1 45

Xbox Live: Breenington

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 10 Oct 2012, 13:37

The story was pretty much the only thing that would have kept me from this so thanks guys for answering that point. I've actually ordered the game myself so hopefully it clicks with me game to man. After hearing the Spec Ops demo was in very few ways accurate to the quality of the actual game, I've ordered that too. It's definitely a good year for game choice.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 10 Oct 2012, 13:41

I've seen maxed out videos on the PC, will, and it may not be blowing Crysis out of the water in terms of visual fidelity but the art style for the game (imo) makes up for it much like Deus Ex HR. I think a lot of people would rather have a visually unique game they can run competently than one they have to upgrade for minimal differences. The more people playing new IPs the better.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby willbrowne81 » 10 Oct 2012, 14:11

The textures look poor . Most of the screen must have come from pc because the Xbox version looks nothing like it. It's almost like taking 5 year step back .
I wouldnt say boo to a goose, not because iam a coward. Because its mainily pointless.
willbrowne81 40