to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Hitman: Absolution's 5 difficulty levels detailed

Your comments on our articles.

What kind of assassination challenge are you looking for?

Hitman: Absolution looks set to feature five difficulty modes, offering a point of entry for newcomers, a challenge for masochists and something for everyone else in between.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Hitman: Absolution's 5 difficulty levels detailed

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 09 Oct 2012, 11:41

Sounds brutal, cannot wait!
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 74

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19

Re: Hitman: Absolution's 5 difficulty levels detailed

Postby ensabahnur » 09 Oct 2012, 11:47

This should appease the people who complained that it was being made too easy with instinct. Even though its a bloody choice to use it.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby svd_grasshopper » 09 Oct 2012, 13:07

this is ok, but to be honest, i f**king hate the lack of customability in games these days. why is everything locked down to certain a group?

not holding my breath, but everything should be customisable in options, like if you only wanted a crosshair but in a different difficulty. they can be banded, but shouldn't be locked down.

instinct shouldn't be there, choice or not. WTF, has he got alien powers or some s**t?! it's just pandering to (pressumed) idiots that can't actually PLAY a GAME, or can they... given the chance?
I LIKE ELECTRO, I LIKE RETRO, I LIKE GHETTO: HOUSE & TECHNO!
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby Mobius01 » 09 Oct 2012, 13:22

Professional: Purist it is then.
Mobius01 50

Steam: mobius01

Postby ensabahnur » 09 Oct 2012, 13:27

svd_grasshopper wrote:this is ok, but to be honest, i f**king hate the lack of customability in games these days. why is everything locked down to certain a group?

not holding my breath, but everything should be customisable in options, like if you only wanted a crosshair but in a different difficulty. they can be banded, but shouldn't be locked down.

instinct shouldn't be there, choice or not. WTF, has he got alien powers or some s**t?! it's just pandering to (pressumed) idiots that can't actually PLAY a GAME, or can they... given the chance?
Yes your right it is just there for the people who have never played a Hitman game (i'm not gonna call them idiots), can you remember the frustration the first time you played the game, the amount of times you died or failed due to a guard appearing out of nowhere (or the fact you crept up behind them, went to garrotte them and missed). For most people that would be enough for them to say screw it and trade the game, this is for them to learn and eventually not need it.

I also think its to highlight the fact that he's an enhanced assassin, he should be totally aware of his surroundings. Nobody complains about Ezio's 'instinct' do they? plus its a limited thing so they'll overuse it and then its gone. If your playing the game on easy you must need all the help you can get.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby TheLastDodo » 09 Oct 2012, 13:32

What about a difficulty for those of us that are deaf, blindfolded and have one arm tied behind our backs?

Only a crosshair? Pfft I spit on your only a crosshair. That's not hardcore enough. I should be able to die from DVT from standing around too long waiting for a target.

Dumbing gaming down for the ADD generation yet again.

*cancels pre-order*
TheLastDodo 77

Postby JD_Method » 09 Oct 2012, 14:03

Mobius01 wrote:Professional: Purist it is then.

JD_Method 58

Postby middle finger » 09 Oct 2012, 14:06

That's how it suppose to be, difficulty for everyone.
middle finger 67

Postby silversun_111 » 09 Oct 2012, 14:18

TheLastDodo wrote:What about a difficulty for those of us that are deaf, blindfolded and have one arm tied behind our backs?

Only a crosshair? Pfft I spit on your only a crosshair. That's not hardcore enough. I should be able to die from DVT from standing around too long waiting for a target.

*cancels pre-order*

Ubisoft are a business, they are catering for all to make money, its as simple as that. Professional Mode will be a challenge for that I have no doubt, crosshairs are included as the game is 3rd person, meaning no FPS to make use of iron sights, its common sense really.
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
silversun_111 55

Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Postby TheLastDodo » 09 Oct 2012, 14:44

I was having a larf' :)
TheLastDodo 77

Postby cowboybibop » 09 Oct 2012, 15:37

svd_grasshopper wrote:this is ok, but to be honest, i f**king hate the lack of customability in games these days. why is everything locked down to certain a group?

It should allow to customize.

About the Instinct feature... think about it this way.
Do you think that Messi or Ronaldo have special powers? Well, compared to me... they seem a little bit alien yeah.
The same here dude... if you are a professional killer that does the same thing over a life time, you end up with special powers when compared to someone like you and me. If you were Agent motherf**ker 47 you would start to antecipate things (instinct allows to preview the route of a character), you start noticing things thar are invible to others (Instinct higlight relevant stuff)...

And c'mon... not everyone has to play a game like you play. It's a game... it's suppose to be fun, and many people will not have any Fun playing Purist mode. Chill, and think about all the market that the Developer wouldn't cover if they did games just for you to play.
cowboybibop 32

Postby The Bossman » 09 Oct 2012, 16:09

A medium playthrough first methinks, the higher difficulties have always been a nightmare for me with Hitman, but I love a challenge. Just don't make me start chucking s**t about.
The Bossman 46

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby kakah » 09 Oct 2012, 19:31

erm...
Last edited by kakah on 09 Oct 2012, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
kakah 41

Postby kakah » 09 Oct 2012, 19:33

silversun_111 wrote:
TheLastDodo wrote:What about a difficulty for those of us that are deaf, blindfolded and have one arm tied behind our backs?

*cancels pre-order*

Ubisoft are a business, they are catering for all to make money, its as simple as that. Professional Mode will be a challenge for that I have no doubt, crosshairs are included as the game is 3rd person, meaning no FPS to make use of iron sights, its common sense really.

This is why not everyone should not be able to express their opinions on the internet...last time I checked the game was published by Square Enix and developed by IO interactive. PS Silversun was being sarcastic.
kakah 41

Postby Mobius01 » 09 Oct 2012, 23:43

JD_Method wrote:
Mobius01 wrote:Professional: Purist it is then.

Mobius01 50

Steam: mobius01

Next