to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes: The 'swoosh code' conspiracy

Your comments on our articles.

Time travel? VR training? There might be more to Ground Zeroes than Kojima lets on...

Everybody's watching the Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes trailer, but nobody's *listening* - and a telltale audio 'swoosh' might be the biggest clue yet about the game's mysterious structure.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes: The 'swoosh code' conspiracy

Postby ianson » 09 Oct 2012, 11:40

Has anyone taken the three yellow bars and layered them on each other? They aren't the same each time so maybe they interact in some way. I don't have photoshop anymore, really don't want to download gimp.
ianson 47

Re: Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes: The 'swoosh code' conspi

Postby Robcarroll93 » 09 Oct 2012, 12:34

Can't wait for Ground Zeroes. Kojima is the master of conspiracy.
Robcarroll93 10

Postby Willypiggy » 09 Oct 2012, 12:42

Hmmm not sure about this, on one hand MGS has always bent technology, MGS3 had floating platforms with guards stood on them, MGS1 has codec implanted into ears and all the metal gear variants are way ahead of "current" tech. I think they mean something, I doubt they were put in for effect but I doubt it relates to the map he has. Maybe I'm wrong but this would mean there would have to be an "animus" if you will that someone is using to relive big bosses memories, so it's either big boss himself before the end of MGS4, Liquid before the end of MGS1, Solidus before the end of MGS2 or Snake before the end of MGS4 (or in the little bit of time he had left after MGS4). Since they can't be cloned or reproduced it has to be one of those people in one of those time zones. The other person it could be is ocelot after MGS1 but before MGS4s ending because he had his arm grafted on however he wouldn't technically have the same DNA as Liquid. Then and again it is Kojima so anything could happen, nanobots seem to be rather good at causing strange situations.
Willypiggy 47

Postby Stan_Goodspeed » 09 Oct 2012, 14:45

Back in 2003, people made all kinds of crazy/silly/downright hilarious conspiracy theories about MGS3, from Solid Snake being sent back through time to the USSR setting being some sort of elaborate virtual mission... Fast forward 10 years and nothing really changed :mrgreen:
Stan_Goodspeed 61

Xbox Live: Boffitchev
PSN ID: Spencer_Trilby

Postby ensabahnur » 09 Oct 2012, 16:42

Dear Kojima-san please just make this a game and not a commentary on social networking and how the digital age has condemned us all to slavery.

Just give me a sneaking suit, a youngish Snake, some weapons and a Metal Gear to fight.

No 40 minute cutscenes, no silly 4th wall breaking (it was funny the first time but cringeworthy every time after) and no 5 minute ladder climbs with voiceover flashbacks.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby pr0riku » 09 Oct 2012, 23:43

ensabahnur wrote:Dear Kojima-san please just make this a game and not a commentary on social networking and how the digital age has condemned us all to slavery.

Just give me a sneaking suit, a youngish Snake, some weapons and a Metal Gear to fight.

No 40 minute cutscenes, no silly 4th wall breaking (it was funny the first time but cringeworthy every time after) and no 5 minute ladder climbs with voiceover flashbacks.

Dear Kojima-San, please don't listen to 'ensabahnur.'

Thanks
pr0riku 24
New user

Postby MrPirtniw » 10 Oct 2012, 03:22

ensabahnur wrote:Dear Kojima-san please just make this a game and not a commentary on social networking and how the digital age has condemned us all to slavery.

This!
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby illage2 » 10 Oct 2012, 06:36

They said MGS3 was VR training as well, but it turned out to not be true.

However some of the tech in the game looks a bit too... advanced for the 70's. Although this is disputed as the tech was developed at Mother Base in Peace Walker.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby ensabahnur » 10 Oct 2012, 09:47

pr0riku wrote:
Dear Kojima-San, please don't listen to 'ensabahnur.'

Thanks
Your opinion and your entitled to it, but why don't you just go watch an episode of a tv series for your 40 minute psycho-babble fix. I want to actually play a game that doesn't stop every 2 minutes to tell me about a load of crap and keep rabbiting on about it for 40 fuckin minutes.

That's not a game, that's not even Dragons Lair!
ensabahnur 68

Postby Barry316 » 10 Oct 2012, 09:58

But every MGS game has been like that, so it's not like it's a new thing that he started doing. Basically it's saying don't make games how he does anymore. Like moaning FIFA has too much football in and not enough fire breathing unicorns because i want fire breathing unicorns in my games.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby Dan D PSM3 » 10 Oct 2012, 10:02

Let's play Lionel Messi as a holding midfielder. Yes, that's a good idea.
Dan D PSM3 44

Postby CyborgPliskin » 10 Oct 2012, 10:04

I'm not gonna speculate about the lights but imo I think the game can be time lapsed
and the story can be told in a broken narrative like the godfather 2 movie where you vito at a young
age and then f.f.c showed you micheal and the same age.(love and family) it that way it doesn't have to be
a vr training.and you can play as both big boss,then snake and even as the boss(it is a prologue) to mgs 5:the Boss
the comm and transpo situation they are linked I would guess you can be alerted when mother base is being
investigated/infultrated with idroid device and then take the chopper to go defend ala assassin creed revelations
(which would awesome) and much better done than their doofy s**t.with surveilance rooms and snake has to detect then
go support his assembled army(peacewalker) then fly back to missions .I guess I'm sayin its a natural evolution of gta t and assassin creed revelation elements with a kojima-san spin(enhancement) either way big dogs I can't wait until july 7 2013
CyborgPliskin 5
New user

Postby ensabahnur » 10 Oct 2012, 10:10

Barry316 wrote:But every MGS game has been like that, so it's not like it's a new thing that he started doing. Basically it's saying don't make games how he does anymore. Like moaning FIFA has too much football in and not enough fire breathing unicorns because i want fire breathing unicorns in my games.
No i'm asking him to go back and make games like he used to like MGS1 and MGS3 where it had the right amount of cutscene and gameplay i.e. more gameplay. MGS4 and 2 to a certain extent just seemed to be a procession of moving forward, cutscene, forward, cutscene, sneak by a few guys, cutscene. I understand that a story has to be told but not to the extent that your controller turns off because its been inactive for too long. MGS3 had this balanced right, sure the beginning of it is a bit start, stop but after that, for the most part, it just lets you get on with it. With MGS4 it feels like every 5 minutes you stop to listen to Otacon.

Fire breathing Unicorns have never been a part of Fifa though, your analogy is useless.
Last edited by ensabahnur on 10 Oct 2012, 11:03, edited 2 times in total.
ensabahnur 68

Postby El Mag » 10 Oct 2012, 10:12

I want to play that FIFA game.

Only if it's got a Smurf in it though.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby seeafish » 10 Oct 2012, 18:05

I just had a pretty cool idea and kinda hope MGS5 will be as follows (even though I'm pretty certain that it won't be...):
Imagine if it did jump around in time and you got to play a section as Big Boss, then 3 separate chapters as each of the "Snakes" during the same time-period. As in, what they were doing and how they all "meet up" in the storyline. Albeit playing as the US president (Solidus) may not be very fun gameplay wise (go to meeting, discuss budget, etc...lol), but imagine playing as Liquid in the middle east, as a baddie for once. As someone who wants to take over the world as opposed to the contrived "save the world" scenario you get in most games nowadays.

Just thinking out loud...
seeafish 11

Next