to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Borderlands 2: Mechromancer DLC out today

Your comments on our articles.

New character class arrives a week ahead of schedule

Borderlands 2's Mechromancer DLC will launch today on all platforms, one week earlier than expected.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Borderlands 2: Mechromancer DLC out today

Postby TheRandyNinja » 09 Oct 2012, 11:16

Sweeeet
TheRandyNinja 53

Xbox Live: Randy Ninja
PSN ID: Randy Ninja

Re: Borderlands 2: Mechromancer DLC out today

Postby metallicorphan » 09 Oct 2012, 11:55

Its out on XBL now,unfortunately She has no new Achievements,nor does she feature in the opening movie and she has no background ECHO device on her like the other characters

Deathtrap seems cool though :D
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Postby Jentario » 09 Oct 2012, 12:04

metallicorphan wrote:Its out on XBL now,unfortunately She has no new Achievements,nor does she feature in the opening movie and she has no background ECHO device on her like the other characters

Then how do you begin a playthrough with her? And I thought I saw an ECHO featuring her in YouTube, are you sure it doesn't appear in the game?
Jentario 53

Postby Robcarroll93 » 09 Oct 2012, 12:36

This is cool, and I get it free thanks to the premiere club! If anyone in the UK is going to buy the game, shop around and you can find the premiere club one cheaper than the normal copy.
Robcarroll93 10

Postby metallicorphan » 09 Oct 2012, 13:34

Jentario wrote:
metallicorphan wrote:Its out on XBL now,unfortunately She has no new Achievements,nor does she feature in the opening movie and she has no background ECHO device on her like the other characters

Then how do you begin a playthrough with her? And I thought I saw an ECHO featuring her in YouTube, are you sure it doesn't appear in the game?

at the start screen where your character is stood and claptrap does his stuff behind you like falling down the waterfall you press Y(or Triangle i guess on PS3) and a pop up screen appears and you can select 'Necromancer new game',then when your old character has left the screen,you then select 'new game'

It's the same when you wanted to start a new character before the DLC was out..and the way you can pick up the remaining achievements for the other classes

and all i can say is that Gaige does not have an ECHO device on her like the other 4 did at the start of the game giving us a bit of background on the character
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Postby budge » 09 Oct 2012, 13:51

Cool but i'll stick with Maya for now, she's badass!
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby solamon77 » 09 Oct 2012, 13:56

Her ECHO logs were released as YouTube videos. Here is the first one. The link to the second one can be found on the same page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijs-FEk3OIk
solamon77 44

Xbox Live: Solamon77
PSN ID: Solamon77
Steam: Solamon77

Postby nathar » 09 Oct 2012, 16:07

Randy Pitchford must be Randy Pitchingatent with all the money he's making on DLC. This game isnt even released in some parts of the world yet and yet here we are three weeks after the UK release date getting a new character class?
nathar 47

Postby FishyGinger » 09 Oct 2012, 16:30

nathar wrote:Randy Pitchford must be Randy Pitchingatent with all the money he's making on DLC. This game isnt even released in some parts of the world yet and yet here we are three weeks after the UK release date getting a new character class?

I laughed so hard my left eye just burst
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby plain_kloz_cop » 09 Oct 2012, 19:02

Remember when some artist bloke pointed out on Twitter that his work had been plagiarised in Borderlands 2?

Well, here's Aika from Skies of Arcadia:

http://www.segashiro.com/wp-content/upl ... it__01.jpg

Hmmm...
plain_kloz_cop 47

Postby ricflair » 10 Oct 2012, 10:57

We were playing on 360 last night, and Gearbox, in their infinite wisdom, have made it so those of us that didn't have the DLC installed couldn't play with people that have. So basically, if you don't have the preorder edition with the mechromancer, you can't play with all the people who do. Or you have to stump up 800 MSP.

f**king idiots. Split your customers right at the very beginning. I know you can still get the version with the DLC, but for how much longer? I hope they fix this so that non DLC owners can at least play with the DLC owners, if not it's got to be one of the shittiest DLC practices to date - and I expected a little more from Gearbox, so hope I'm wrong!
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair