Apple 'expecting huge iPad mini demand'

Your comments on our articles.

Firm has reportedly placed orders for over ten million units this year

Apple is expecting huge consumer demand for iPad mini.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Apple 'expecting huge iPad mini demand'

Postby damoxuk » 08 Oct 2012, 12:24

Apple expects demand from Apple product in shock surprise of the century.

Wondering on the price of this - will it be cheaper than the ipod touch? And if so surely that would make it redundant? 8)
damoxuk 54

Xbox Live: damoxuk
PSN ID: damoxuk
Steam: damoxuk

Re: Apple 'expecting huge iPad mini demand'

Postby Skullet » 08 Oct 2012, 12:39

damoxuk wrote:Apple expects demand from Apple product in shock surprise of the century.

Wondering on the price of this - will it be cheaper than the ipod touch? And if so surely that would make it redundant? 8)

I would reckon it'll sit between the iPod Touch and the iPad in terms of pricing.
Skullet 61

Postby ScifiterX » 08 Oct 2012, 14:26

Sorry but based on how long this particular rumor has been circulating, how many false reports and leaked photos coming from China, and how many times I seen stories of China claim counterfeit Apple products I have to be skeptical until Apple actually announces.
ScifiterX 1
New user

Postby damoxuk » 08 Oct 2012, 19:01

Apple tend to announced a week before it goes on sale anyway. Can you imagine other companies doing that?

Oh yea Sega Saturn - fail.
damoxuk 54

Postby goggy » 08 Oct 2012, 20:39

damoxuk wrote:Apple tend to announced a week before it goes on sale anyway. Can you imagine other companies doing that?

Maybe in your eyes!

'Under performed' would be a better way to describe the Saturn.

Panzer Dragoon, NiGHTS, Burning Rangers, Guardian Heroes, Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop, SEGA Rally, Radiant Silvergun, Dragon Force......i could go on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 50

Postby BLARRG » 08 Oct 2012, 23:11

goggy wrote:
damoxuk wrote:Apple tend to announced a week before it goes on sale anyway. Can you imagine other companies doing that?

Maybe in your eyes!

'Under performed' would be a better way to describe the Saturn.

Panzer Dragoon, NiGHTS, Burning Rangers, Guardian Heroes, Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop, SEGA Rally, Radiant Silvergun, Dragon Force......i could go on.

go on then
Master System, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Wii, X360, PS3, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS

currently playing: GTAV, bravely default , Pokémon Y
BLARRG 45

Postby damoxuk » 08 Oct 2012, 23:31

Woah I wasn't wailing on the Saturn just trying to name a company what has released something as fast or faster after announcing. I should have been more clear hehe.

Depending on price and specs may pick one of these up as my 1st gen ipad is really starting to become sluggish (clearly Apple's plan so as to make people buy newer models).
damoxuk 54

Postby alan666 » 08 Oct 2012, 23:38

Under $300, that will be $300 for a IPad mini then.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby ScifiterX » 09 Oct 2012, 04:52

Under $199-399 is the current iPod Touch price range ($199-249 for the fourth gen, $299-399 for the fifth gen). From $399-829 is the current iPad price range ($399-529 for the iPad 2, $499-829 for the New iPad). Based on history Apple will price an iPad Mini between the iPod Touch's and the iPad's price ranges. Additionally, barring BTO systems there is rarely any overlap in any of Apple's product class price range and where there is it's often on the order of the top end of the lower specced sub-class is the same price as the low end of of the higher specced sub-class. (e.g. The MBA laptop range < MBP laptop range < RD MBP laptop range or the Mac mini desktop range < iMac desktop range < the Mac Pro desktop range), There have to be one or two models costing at the current iPad 2 price range. If Apple does release an iPad mini, expect it at that price and expect production of 16 GB iPad 2s to cease before hand.
ScifiterX 1
New user