Hitman Absolution preview: Brilliant ideas power smaller san

Your comments on our articles.

Reduction in scale, but not ambition

When thick-armed CIA men (the postie) arrived at CVG Towers (the corner of an office) to deploy Absolution code (throw it in our faces), we sought answers to niggling questions raised by recent showings.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Hitman Absolution preview: Brilliant ideas power smaller san

Postby Gambini » 05 Oct 2012, 13:45

I'm so pumped for this game but the article mentions the smaller level design several times over which makes me a little worried... :(
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 53

Re: Hitman Absolution preview: Brilliant ideas power smaller

Postby HelloLadies » 05 Oct 2012, 15:11

Yeah im a little worried about the size of levels too after reading that. This was always going to be a PC purchase for me just like all the other Hitman games so it grates on my nerves a bit that consoles are apparently holding back a truly awe inspiring experience. I have no doubt this game will still be good but I suspect the next Hitman game will be even better once the old ball and chain isn't an issue so to speak.
HelloLadies 53

Postby Sleepaphobic » 05 Oct 2012, 15:25

I doubt the PC will get the version that gamers deserve either with all this LCD BS. I don't mind if all the levels aren't sandbox in style but not having them at all means they are totally rewriting the series. We'll see.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby The Bossman » 08 Oct 2012, 02:55

The consoles have held back PC gaming for at least 7 years, it's up to the developers to make the game fit. BF3 got it sort of right with the cut down multiplayer levels. I still think this will be a great game and can't wait for it to come out. Plus David Bateson is BACK as the voice of Agent 47 which is great.
The Bossman 47

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby MinxOfInsolence » 13 Nov 2012, 13:17

Bit late with my two cents, but i read that there are 50 or so levels, and that while some are small, there are some that are quite large in scale. For me though, it will be about quality not quantity, if i can replay a level 4 or 5 times with different ways each time, then i'll be happy, and it looks like i'll be a very happy boy!
MinxOfInsolence 20

Xbox Live: MinxOfInsolence
PSN ID: MinxOfInsolence