to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Bethesda: 'No new info' on Skyrim DLC for PS3

Your comments on our articles.

"It's our problem, and it's on us to solve it," says Pete Hines

Bethesda has no new information to share about its ongoing efforts to release DLC for the PS3 version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby SolidRenan » 05 Oct 2012, 12:10

"It's our problem, and it's on us to solve it,"

Captain Obvious strikes again.

I hope those DLCs someday be released for PS3, when I first heard about Dawnguard I was so excited that I was already with my money ready to buy it, but now...
SolidRenan 6
New user

Postby EvilWaterman » 05 Oct 2012, 12:12

You just can't get the staff these days.
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 53

PSN ID: EvilWaterman

Postby Gambini » 05 Oct 2012, 12:14

At this point, I'll just wait for Skyrim to drop to under a tenner on Steam and start a new game on PC (Skyrim is actually on sale on Steam now for £20.99 but I just know it'll be even cheaper in their Christmas Sale...)
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 52

Re: Bethesda: 'No new info' on Skyrim DLC for PS3

Postby Toasted_PSP » 05 Oct 2012, 12:17

Assuming Bethesdas crappy developers can get this working it could end up been a blessing in disguise as you will likely be able to pick all DLC up at once in the inevitable GOTY edition.

Still sucks they cant get it working though as I am sure those who like Digital Downloads would have been all over this given Skyrims popularity.
Toasted_PSP 64

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 05 Oct 2012, 12:17

Ive given up on it now to be honest
TheLastDodo - "EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007"
DAEDALUS79 73

Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Postby HelloLadies » 05 Oct 2012, 13:01

Id much rather wait for a good price on steam or retail perhaps even a version with all DLC included. Skyrim was horrible to play on PS3, spent more time staring at the loading screen than actually playing the game. Arrghh cringing just thinking about it.
HelloLadies 50

Postby hi0marc » 05 Oct 2012, 13:09

DAEDALUS79 wrote:Ive given up on it now to be honest

Pretty much the same for me, if they do release it I probably won't buy it, unless they make it cheap or have some sort of apologetic extra (which it wont).
hi0marc 41

Postby TheDragonDoji » 05 Oct 2012, 13:10

Was planning on getting Skyrim...now; not a chance in hell. If Bethesda can't develop properly for my console I won't gift them with my money, simple really.

People may claim it isn't their fault, however there aren't any other developers out there claiming 'they can't' bring DLC to the Playstation so why these guys? In my opinion: Cheap.
"You fight well...in the 'old 'style."
TheDragonDoji 44

PSN ID: TheDragonDoji

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Oct 2012, 13:13

TheDragonDoji wrote:In my opinion: Cheap.

What? Surely they want to release it to get money for it. That's how selling games works. But as others say there isn't much point bringing it out now so they might as well not bother.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 69

Postby MisterBedo » 05 Oct 2012, 13:35

TheDragonDoji wrote:Was planning on getting Skyrim...now; not a chance in hell. If Bethesda can't develop properly for my console I won't gift them with my money, simple really.

People may claim it isn't their fault, however there aren't any other developers out there claiming 'they can't' bring DLC to the Playstation so why these guys? In my opinion: Cheap.

They aren't the only dev who've said that the PS3 is a bitch to code for. At least they're trying to do someting about it. If you choose to not pick it up, that's up to you but cutting off your nose to spite your face is a bit of a daft thing to do with a game this good.
GT: MrBedo
I gave Brucie the goat at Twickenham.
MisterBedo 64

Postby budge » 05 Oct 2012, 14:18

I lent my mate's PS3 version of Skyrim recently so I could get a few trophies but after playing it on my 360 it was horrible. I stuck with it tolerating the choppy framerate but after about an hour I noticed that the battle music wasn't playing whenever I got into a scrap! It was really off putting fighting bears and dragons to nice ambient music. Strange bug!
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby HelloLadies » 05 Oct 2012, 14:41

I never had the music bug but the choppy frame rate would creep in after an hour or so of play. That combined with the loading screen usually resulted in walking away. Shame really, Oblivion on PC gave me hours of fun modding and fooling about in the wilderness.
HelloLadies 50

Postby RandyChimp » 05 Oct 2012, 15:27

Assassins Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution, Dishonored. Just four reasons I don't give a crap about this dlc anymore.
"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to shut the f**k up!"
RandyChimp 38

PSN ID: RandyChimp

Postby Mastermue » 05 Oct 2012, 15:36

MisterBedo wrote:They aren't the only dev who've said that the PS3 is a bitch to code for. At least they're trying to do someting about it. If you choose to not pick it up, that's up to you but cutting off your nose to spite your face is a bit of a daft thing to do with a game this good.

Agreed. They aren't playing the blame game and are trying to fix it. Kudos for honesty imho.
I jumped, O my brothers, and I fell hard but I did not snuff it, oh no. if I had snuffed it, I would not be here to tell what I have told.
Mastermue 53

Postby Toasted_PSP » 05 Oct 2012, 15:55

TheDragonDoji wrote:Was planning on getting Skyrim...now; not a chance in hell. If Bethesda can't develop properly for my console I won't gift them with my money, simple really.

You could always buy it preowned then no money goes to Bethesda and you can still play the game :P

Bethesda all but said it was their fault with the last interview they gave about the current generation systems not holding them back. If hardware is not holding them back it has to be poor programming or poor porting.

I don’t think the current generation of consoles are holding us back. There is still plenty that we are able to do visually, technically and from a story-telling standpoint.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/skyrim-is-a-phenomenon-and-hines-wants-dishonored-to-be-too/0102599
Toasted_PSP 64

Next