Resident Evil 6 review round-up: Critics divided on all-acti

Your comments on our articles.

All the review scores in one place...

In our Resident Evil 6 review we gave the game an 8.0 and said Capcom's latest "can't be faulted for content" but "feels like diminishing returns."... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Gretzky » 01 Oct 2012, 16:29

It seems I'll be going to Destructoid for reviews from now on.
Gretzky 62

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 01 Oct 2012, 16:41

Good to see some publications have the integrity to give it the thrashing it deserves, ive bookmarked 'polygon' for future reference because of their review.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Re: Resident Evil 6 review round-up: Critics divided on all-

Postby WiiFuelee » 01 Oct 2012, 16:50

I'd like to know what half these reviewers were smoking when they were handing out 8's and 9's for this game. Like Gamespot's Kevin Van Ord said in his review, the resi franchise has lost its way.
WiiFuelee 45

Postby martinawatson » 01 Oct 2012, 16:54

Went to the latest Resi movie at the weekend, leave your brain at the door and enjoy is what i say, cracking fun, some excellent moments, looking forward to the next one already :D
Hey its Martin A , not Martina by the way, cheers
martinawatson 67

Postby El Mag » 01 Oct 2012, 16:57

I'd give a left b*****k to just simply have an HD version of Revelations on the PS3 and 360 instead. That was a good game so it's a bit silly that 6 has gone to s**t.

I wouldn't give my own left b*****k, one of you lot can take one for the team instead.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby petewasbristol » 01 Oct 2012, 16:58

At least some of those sites had the balls to say it as it is and give it the score that it deserves. Shame on you CVG.

The fact that you gave it an 8, yet you tell us that the game has 'zero scares' and you 'wouldn't buy it full price' is odd. Very odd.
petewasbristol 15

Postby jnewco81 » 01 Oct 2012, 17:04

WiiFuelee wrote:I'd like to know what half these reviewers were smoking when they were handing out 8's and 9's for this game. Like Gamespot's Kevin Van Ord said in his review, the resi franchise has lost its way.

Probably finest tobacco, rolled using £50 notes, courtesy of a certain video game publisher. Probably.
jnewco81 22

Postby fatherofthenoo » 01 Oct 2012, 17:06

Overall, not a game deserving of a place in any self respecting gamer's collection. By not buying this game we collectively send Capcom a harsh message. Remember your roots!
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Postby Acesbomb » 01 Oct 2012, 17:11

jnewco81 wrote:
WiiFuelee wrote:I'd like to know what half these reviewers were smoking when they were handing out 8's and 9's for this game. Like Gamespot's Kevin Van Ord said in his review, the resi franchise has lost its way.

Probably finest tobacco, rolled using £50 notes, courtesy of a certain video game publisher. Probably.

Well can hardly shoot some dudes reviewing a game for getting perks when elected officials do it on a much bigger more serious scale.
Remember, it's only a crime if you are poor!
3770kk @ 4.6ghz
R9 290X crossfire
Dell 30" 1600p
16GB Corsair Dominator
Acesbomb 53

Postby Inspector74 » 01 Oct 2012, 17:26

Have any of you ranting here actually played it????
Ive been playing it all weekend and f**k it I really like it :D but hey im no troll and no sheep I tend to form my own opinion and go from there really!!!
Inspector74 36

Postby Barry316 » 01 Oct 2012, 17:31

Inspector74 wrote:Have any of you ranting here actually played it????
Ive been playing it all weekend and f**k it I really like it :D but hey im no troll and no sheep I tend to form my own opinion and go from there really!!!

You are so hip and cool.

Maybe they just have *gasp* different opinions, crazy i know!
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 01 Oct 2012, 17:33

Both Joystiq and Destructoid are fine examples of how you both run a games site and do reviews, exactly the right mixture of humour and fact.

Both sites are on my bookmarks because over the years both have more than earned my respect as both an avid gamer and someone who appreciates well written articles.

CVG, IGN, OXM, every single one of the sites are advertising revenue based, think of them as basically the gaming worlds version of the SUN newspaper, the STAR and the MIRROR.

I applaud anyone who has the nuts to call a spade a spade and a pile of complete rubbish exactly that.

Oh by the way i have played it just in case you are interested, its absolutely no more than 4/10 and thats only based on some slightly well implemented ideas on Leon's campaign and even then im being kind, very kind.
Megatrons_Fury 51

Postby martinawatson » 01 Oct 2012, 17:34

El Mag wrote:I'd give a left b*****k to just simply have an HD version of Revelations on the PS3 and 360 instead. That was a good game so it's a bit silly that 6 has gone to s**t.

I wouldn't give my own left b*****k, one of you lot can take one for the team instead.

I was just about to volunteer and then Paradaz pushed past with with his hand up..and i've got a signed bit of paper with his name on to prove it....honest squire :) . And to the forum poster commenting to the positive from his own experiance, i would say "how dare you, form your own opinion will you, you scallywag you" :) , although on reflection, probably a good idea, i actually really liked Resi 4 in co-op , although cant bloody finish the bastard thing.
Hey its Martin A , not Martina by the way, cheers
martinawatson 67

Postby cowboybibop » 01 Oct 2012, 17:43

petewasbristol wrote:At least some of those sites had the balls to say it as it is and give it the score that it deserves. Shame on you CVG.

The fact that you gave it an 8, yet you tell us that the game has 'zero scares' and you 'wouldn't buy it full price' is odd. Very odd.

Is the Resident Evil scare factor the only criteria to rate it?

If it's an 8 from the reviewer's perspective, then it's a logical statement to say that the developers don't deserve the full 70euros.
cowboybibop 32

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 01 Oct 2012, 17:50

Destructoid: 3.0 - It's bad enough that the game -- at its very best -- is so pedestrian, but to screw up in areas that even third-rate shooters manage to get right is something Capcom should find degrading. It's not enough to say that Resident Evil 6 is poor as a Resident Evil game. This is unexceptional tripe that becomes insulting once the woeful missteps come into play. Resident Evil 6 is not just a step back for the series, it's a step back for common garden, unassuming action-shooters.

Thank you for having some b*****ks to tell the truth. And also thank you to a few other reviewers for being honest and having a backbone.

The rest of you that scored it 7 or higher should feel ashamed.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Next