to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Black Ops 2 Achievements revealed

Your comments on our articles.

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Black Ops 2 Achievements revealed

Postby gnokgnik » 01 Oct 2012, 11:02

The COD trophies are always so boring to hunt down, and similar from year to year, that I never bother with the platinum.
gnokgnik 51

Re: Black Ops 2 Achievements revealed

Postby bamozzy » 01 Oct 2012, 11:31

Nice to see some 'Zombie' Achievements - hope we have Easter Eggs and music like in Black Ops (Maybe not quite o random or bizarre)

The more I see about this game - the more I am looking forward to it. Call of Duty games may not be 'game of the year' contenders but for me they are much more of a complete game than the majority of others because I enjoy the Campaign, Multi-player and Zombies too. The majority of games have a very good campaign or multi-player but not often both. Black Ops 2 is looking like it will be the best Call of Duty game to date and could even be my 'game of the year'. As I said Call of Duty is not really a game of the year contender - mainly because it hasn't stepped up much from the formula of CoD4 - a few tweaks here and there but generally not particularly ground breaking but good solid game play. It seems that Treyarch have tried to step up all aspects of Black Ops 2 and still keep the Call of Duty 'feel' and 'look' to it. The graphics look improved, Campaign is now expanded and offering choice, branching storylines, multiple playing styles/opportunities etc. Multi-player is looking quite simple and yet improved, (hopefully) balanced, promoting objective based play and running smoothly at 60fps on console. Zombies also is now bigger with more game modes, zombies and players too so everything has been looked at and improved. Black Ops was a very good game (to some the best CoD) and so I think Black Ops 2 will be even better.

It has obviously helped Treyarch, the fact that they have remained a fairly consistent team and Concentrating solely on Call of Duty and not other games. IW have had a troubled few years and MW3 (although I did enjoy it) does show the fact that too many other development teams were involved and didn't have some of the consistency from previous developers. I have less fears about Black Ops 2 and the Call of Duty franchise for this years release but can see a few problems for 2013's release.

My biggest decision will be what bit to play first SP, MP or Zombies!
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 67

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 01 Oct 2012, 14:46

These achievements are EXACTLY the same every year!!!! It's a disgrace, won't someone please think of the children :D

Less boring gaming hilarity on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Video of the week; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUAeYL7eAdI
KK-Headcharge78 63

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby bamozzy » 03 Oct 2012, 11:47

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:These achievements are EXACTLY the same every year!!!! It's a disgrace, won't someone please think of the children :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 67

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne