Xbox Live Rewards offers MS Points for Achievements

Your comments on our articles.

Real-money rewards, no real value

Xbox Live Rewards has revealed what 'rewards' it will offer to Xbox Live members in return for their Achievement unlocking skills.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Xbox Live Rewards offers MS Points for Achievements

Postby brookie_2001 » 29 Sep 2012, 22:13

Woo i am eligible for the 2%.
This news post smells of i don't want to work on a saturday. Very poorly written :P
brookie_2001 62

Re: Xbox Live Rewards offers MS Points for Achievements

Postby alan666 » 29 Sep 2012, 23:21

But wait, bigger scores get you more rewards. GamerScores between 10,000 and 24,999 get their owner a 1 per cent rebate on their Xbox Live Marketplace purchases each month. One. Whole. Per cent. We'll hold on for a minute while you try not to s**t the bed.

Quoted for truth.

Do we really need this on here ?

Come on CVG, you're better than this.

Ironic how it is censored in the comments, but allowed in the article.

:|
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby KippDynamite » 29 Sep 2012, 23:25

I would love it if one the PS3 you got a new avatar or something for earning platinum trophies. It would make it that much easier to show off yo' skillz.
KippDynamite 49

PSN ID: KippDynamite

Postby Lady Gagagged » 29 Sep 2012, 23:32

KippDynamite wrote:I would love it if one the PS3 you got a new avatar or something for earning platinum trophies. It would make it that much easier to show off yo' skillz.

I've often said that if you complete a game 100% Avatars and Themes would be a fantastic reward. I know some games reward you with things for Home, but does anyone actually use it?
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby Chris_Shanahan87 » 29 Sep 2012, 23:32

I love my Xbox but that is just lame!
Chris_Shanahan87 47

Postby StonecoldMC » 30 Sep 2012, 00:16

What a loada shite.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby KMakawa » 30 Sep 2012, 00:18

I think you should be able to buy things with your gamerscore, rare things for your avatar. That or if you 1,000G a game it gives you clothing - on every game, not just ones Microsoft make or support.
Community Coordinator.
Artist & Website Designer.
KMakawa 65
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: T0TAL fps
Steam: T0TALfps
xFire: iArctic

Postby solamon77 » 30 Sep 2012, 07:13

Well, it's certainly not much, but at least it's something... which is by default better than the nothing I had before.
solamon77 44

Xbox Live: Solamon77
PSN ID: Solamon77
Steam: Solamon77

Postby jrb251990 » 30 Sep 2012, 08:33

Microsoft: "At least we decided to give you something."
Me: "It's almost like you didn't."
jrb251990 8
New user

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 30 Sep 2012, 09:18

alan666 wrote:
But wait, bigger scores get you more rewards. GamerScores between 10,000 and 24,999 get their owner a 1 per cent rebate on their Xbox Live Marketplace purchases each month. One. Whole. Per cent. We'll hold on for a minute while you try not to s**t the bed.

Quoted for truth.

Do we really need this on here ?

Come on CVG, you're better than this.

Ironic how it is censored in the comments, but allowed in the article.

:|

Get yourself a sense of humour.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby budge » 30 Sep 2012, 09:35

Achievements don't do anything for me anyway. I'm a bit of sucker for trophies though. :)
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67

Postby NEO_SUPERMAN » 30 Sep 2012, 10:05

Ok so, I'm gonna put my thoughts in a numbered list like a child, here we go...

1. I thought the story was funny as f**k, It was the first thing CVG had written in a while that made me laugh so stop being so bloody BORING!

2. Shame on you MICROSOFT, the X360 is the best console ever created but this is a f**king joke. I know their argument is that when all players "prizes" are added together, it will add up to millions of pounds/dollars saved for Xbox users or some crap but I'd also rather have nothing.

3. It is blatantly an attempt to get users to spend more in digital content. Useless. What a waste of time, oh I spent 800 points on a game oh here is 8 points back. Thanksssssssss.

4. Great idea about maxing out the achievements 1000/1000 and getting a unique reward like avatar item, background, mini game, token, MS points or whatever. Plus it means that customers will use copy for longer decreasing amount of 2nd copies etc. very good idea, everyone will be better off.

5. Trophies over achievements? That's like saying you prefer digimon over Pokemon. The original is better not the lame tacted on copied version.
SIG REMOVED
My posts make mods eyes BLEED!!
NEO_SUPERMAN 44

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 30 Sep 2012, 11:26

Well i for one think this is a nice idea as something for nothing is always kinda cool, it also shows me that Microsoft are looking at ps plus and its insane value (for cheap non games buying ps3 owners that is lol) and seeing what they can offer as well but in a manner that doesnt just cost money, sony must be spending a fortune buying games up from publishers for that service.

To be fair the percentage back on purchases is low but actually better than any reward card in almost any shop yet everyone on here has some sort of tesco reward card but is still moaning.

If this system is applied to the next xbox and that has a similar life cycle then it will be great as say 7-8 years of 2% off your store purchases will actually add up to a nice saving overall. I think we are now seeing a picture of what the next xbox will offer from the new things appearing at the end of this consoles life cycle, internet browser, next gen kinect, discounts based on gamerscore etc etc, its small things but its good to see microsoft finally adapting to their competition.

Personally i would prefer specific awards for 100% completion of a game, an avatar item or theme etc would be a lovely gesture or a ps plus system that allows a free game or two per month for your 30 quid a year subscription but i see why microsoft dont do it, they simply have more people online buying more things from a far bigger selection of titles, thats the reason Sony have done ps plus, they know their store is inferior in every way and are now trying to buy loyalty rather than earn it.

Overall you cant please all of the people all of the time and i would definately have liked a higher gamerscore tier, say 50,000 and a 100,000 giving say 5% and 10% but what is there is welcome because only a moron would say no to something for free.
Megatrons_Fury 51

Postby FixBeatGames » 30 Sep 2012, 13:55

lol, now who's playing catch-up with their online service? :P
FixBeatGames 41

Postby JuDDa » 30 Sep 2012, 14:12

Well its my birthday in October and i'm just over 26k, so lets see what drops in my rewards account tomorrow.
JuDDa 56

Xbox Live: Vanguard Kaiser
PSN ID: VanguardKaiser
Steam: Lone.Gunman

Next