New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Your comments on our articles.

Coin Rush mode getting new courses in October

Nintendo has detailed a trio of downloadable content updates for New Super Mario Bros. 2.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby TheRexFactor » 28 Sep 2012, 14:17

Would prefer more actual worlds to play, have no interest in glorified score attack
User avatar
TheRexFactor 77
 
Posts: 197
Joined: 15 Jan 2008, 18:52
Location: Ireland

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby Balladeer » 28 Sep 2012, 14:30

+1
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
User avatar
Balladeer 78
 
Posts: 22529
Joined: 07 Feb 2007, 17:57
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby alan666 » 28 Sep 2012, 20:20

Me to, even though it is only £2 it seems a lot for nothing really :? is this just the same as the 3DS version ?
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
User avatar
alan666 55
 
Posts: 2786
Joined: 14 Dec 2008, 19:33
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby DonnyKD » 29 Sep 2012, 05:36

TheRexFactor wrote:Would prefer more actual worlds to play, have no interest in glorified score attack


Implying there's a difference.
DonnyKD 20
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 30 Mar 2012, 10:33

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby dwhlufc » 29 Sep 2012, 10:39

Nintendo and dlc would never happen according to a few posters.

I wonder if the dlc sceptics on here are going to post as they do in every other dlc thread? Maybe not as it is their beloved Nintendo this time.
Image
Image
User avatar
dwhlufc 76
 
Posts: 15395
Joined: 05 Sep 2007, 16:09
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby Balladeer » 29 Sep 2012, 10:42

To be fair, I've always been a DLC sceptic, but I've always felt it could be good if used for the right things - characters/levels that were developed after launch, etc. This is actually a step in the right direction (although I'm not sure about the price), but unfortunately I have no interest in score attack modes.
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
User avatar
Balladeer 78
 
Posts: 22529
Joined: 07 Feb 2007, 17:57
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby dwhlufc » 29 Sep 2012, 10:48

Balladeer wrote:To be fair, I've always been a DLC sceptic, but I've always felt it could be good if used for the right things - characters/levels that were developed after launch, etc. This is actually a step in the right direction (although I'm not sure about the price), but unfortunately I have no interest in score attack modes.

I wouldn't aim it at you, Bally.

Your the most neutral ninty fan on here, mate along with RBT and Ric but some of the chaps just think the sun shines out nintys arse. Their a great company and all gamers owe a lot to them as I doubt we'd be where we are now if it wasn't for them. Their not beyond s**tty dlc practices like the other two though, so people need to stop thinking because a few wii u games are coming with bundled dlc that their bucking the trend.

Before anyone says I'm hating, I'm not. Im not buying one but I hope the Wii U is a success, its good for the industry and its good for the competiton as it should keep everyone on their toes.
Image
Image
User avatar
dwhlufc 76
 
Posts: 15395
Joined: 05 Sep 2007, 16:09
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby Balladeer » 29 Sep 2012, 10:58

Can't say I understood most of your middle paragraph, but I think I get your gist. :P
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
User avatar
Balladeer 78
 
Posts: 22529
Joined: 07 Feb 2007, 17:57
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby dwhlufc » 29 Sep 2012, 11:18

Balladeer wrote:Can't say I understood most of your middle paragraph, but I think I get your gist. :P

Are you mocking my awful grammar? :lol:
Image
Image
User avatar
dwhlufc 76
 
Posts: 15395
Joined: 05 Sep 2007, 16:09
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby Balladeer » 29 Sep 2012, 12:08

Bad grammar? Did you have bad grammar? Let's take a look...

dwhlufc wrote:You're the most neutral Ninty fan on here mate, along with RBT and Ric, but some of the chaps just think the sun shines out Ninty's arse. They're a great company and all gamers owe a lot to them as I doubt we'd be where we are now if it wasn't for them. They're not beyond the same s**tty DLC practices as the other two though, so people need to stop thinking that because a few Wii U games are coming with bundled DLC, they're bucking the trend.


Nope, looks fine to me! Must have been something else. :wink:

(It was your third sentence that I couldn't figure out. You could have been saying that the other two are beyond it and Nintendo aren't. The rest is just me messing around.)
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
User avatar
Balladeer 78
 
Posts: 22529
Joined: 07 Feb 2007, 17:57
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby dwhlufc » 29 Sep 2012, 12:34

Balladeer wrote:Bad grammar? Did you have bad grammar? Let's take a look...

dwhlufc wrote:You're the most neutral Ninty fan on here mate, along with RBT and Ric, but some of the chaps just think the sun shines out Ninty's arse. They're a great company and all gamers owe a lot to them as I doubt we'd be where we are now if it wasn't for them. They're not beyond the same s**tty DLC practices as the other two though, so people need to stop thinking that because a few Wii U games are coming with bundled DLC, they're bucking the trend.


Nope, looks fine to me! Must have been something else. :wink:

(It was your third sentence that I couldn't figure out. You could have been saying that the other two are beyond it and Nintendo aren't. The rest is just me messing around.)

Damn you and your intellectual superiority! :P
Image
Image
User avatar
dwhlufc 76
 
Posts: 15395
Joined: 05 Sep 2007, 16:09
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby Queen Skillage » 29 Sep 2012, 12:50

He can't be that smart, he only buys Nintendo consoles!
User avatar
Queen Skillage 64
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 15:05
Location: Australia

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby dwhlufc » 29 Sep 2012, 13:51

Queen Skillage wrote:He can't be that smart, he only buys Nintendo consoles!

You forgot to type........

ZING!!!
Image
Image
User avatar
dwhlufc 76
 
Posts: 15395
Joined: 05 Sep 2007, 16:09
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby stealth » 29 Sep 2012, 13:52

dlc will be in everything now
stealth 47
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: 02 Dec 2010, 11:34

Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs revealed

Postby rbt2 » 29 Sep 2012, 13:58

I'm just amazed that dave spelt 'intellectual' and 'superiority' correctly.

Zing!

:mrgreen:
User avatar
rbt2 76
 
Posts: 12720
Joined: 30 May 2010, 18:47
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: rbteagle

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]