With enough fan support Capcom may consider a Resident Evil

Your comments on our articles.

Strictly an option, not a reality...at this time

Resident Evil 2 is often considered the best Resident Evil game, and some go as far as calling it the best survival horror game ever made. The fan favourite may just see a remake, but nothing is set in stone so try to quell the excitement.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

With enough fan support Capcom may consider a Resident Evil

Postby MrPirtniw » 27 Sep 2012, 02:08

YES. But a remake like the Gamecube Resi 1- not a Resi 4 style over the shoulder/Jackie Chan martial arts/shooter. Just update the controls a bit and make it look beautiful and it'll be an insta-buy from me. Keep it similar but altered just enough so we never know what to expect. This would be a perfect opportunity to reel in us classic game fans whilst keeping the kids happy with the manure that will be Resi 6. :mrgreen:

...but I think Project Zero 2 is still the best survival horror I've played (on console).
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw

Re: With enough fan support Capcom may consider a Resident E

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 27 Sep 2012, 02:15

MrPirtniw wrote:YES. But a remake like the Gamecube Resi 1- not a Resi 4 style over the shoulder/Jackie Chan martial arts/shooter. Just update the controls a bit and make it look beautiful and it'll be an insta-buy from me. Keep it similar but altered just enough so we never know what to expect. This would be a perfect opportunity to reel in us classic game fans whilst keeping the kids happy with the manure that will be Resi 6. :mrgreen:

...but I think Project Zero 2 is still the best survival horror I've played (on console).

x100
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby corky20 » 27 Sep 2012, 02:28

Knowing Capcom they'd find some way to screw this up if it ever happens. :cry:

Anyway, I give up on the Resident Evil series long ago... so i'll not be getting my hopes up once again, only to have them crushed with the reality that Capcom no longer have a clue what they're doing with the franchise.

They should hand the rights to the older games off to a studio that can give the fans what they want!
corky20 26

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 27 Sep 2012, 02:38

Thinking on the improved remake idea, I've a horrible feeling they'd douchify Leon like he was in 4 and those CGI movies. He was never cheesy joke telling, B-movie type secret agent, cocky big headed idiot like he was in those. If it wasn't for the name, I'd swear they were two different people. They'd also probably add stupid actiony moves.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 27 Sep 2012, 03:32

PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!

Do not attempt this capcom, your only going to do it with the latest game engine (res 6) and it will be a disaster.

Play the gamecube one if you want the best version and just leave things alone.

Remember the HD remake of code veronica everyone???? Exactly, point proven!!!!
Megatrons_Fury 51

Postby MrPirtniw » 27 Sep 2012, 03:51

Was Code Veronica a remake? It was exactly the same game as the Dreamcast one(or was it the PS2 version?)- except with a few extra scenes at the end. There was no improvement what so ever- but because the game is so good, I bought it and enjoyed it.
I'd consider a remake to be more like the Gamecube Resi 1- and if Capcom put that kind of effort into a Resi 2 remake I'd be over the moon. But you're probably right, they'd most likely Michael Bay it to death with Leon (with extra floppy 90's fringe in HD!!!) elbow slamming the Tyrant at every opportunity.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw

Postby MattyR95 » 27 Sep 2012, 07:03

They should go for it. Even if it doesn't turn out well, it's not like the original is going anywhere.
MattyR95 55

Postby l1nc » 27 Sep 2012, 07:29

That would be kool, i really feel that resident evil has lost its way. Resident evil 5 was sub standard and the demo for 6 didnt leave me too confident. A return to resident evil 2 would be ace, I feel resident evil 2 was the only game in the series that got the action/puzzle/horror balance right.
Ol skool from speccy to ps3
l1nc 42

Xbox Live: l1nc
PSN ID: l1nctendo

Postby kimoak » 27 Sep 2012, 07:40

MrPirtniw wrote:YES. But a remake like the Gamecube Resi 1- not a Resi 4 style over the shoulder/Jackie Chan martial arts/shooter. Just update the controls a bit and make it look beautiful and it'll be an insta-buy from me. Keep it similar but altered just enough so we never know what to expect. This would be a perfect opportunity to reel in us classic game fans whilst keeping the kids happy with the manure that will be Resi 6. :mrgreen:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not much else to add here. A remake like the GC one would suite me down to teh ground.

By far the best Biohazard game.
Optimus Prime: I want you to go in that bag, and find my wallet.
Megatron: Which one is it?
Optimus Prime: It's the one that says Bad motherf**ker
kimoak 57

Postby apalmer28 » 27 Sep 2012, 08:02

If they do a duff HD re-release ala Code Veronica then no dice.

BUT

If they do a remake like the Resident Evil 1 Remake on Gamecube then a BIG yes from me!!

C'mon Capcom, but you're back into it. RE2 deserves to be brought back and beautified.

RE1 remake for XBLA too please! :mrgreen:
apalmer28 58

Xbox Live: Futureshark
PSN ID: Futureshark

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 27 Sep 2012, 08:30

Lets face it. its Capcom. The game would probably end up a 2d side scrolling multiplayer shooter with RPG elements and Nazis
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby JustOneMoreGo » 27 Sep 2012, 08:52

I'd only be interested if they did a re-make as with REmake on the GameCube

Looking at RE6, sadly I think what they'll do is what I like to call a 'George Lucas' and produce something that appeals to a new, younger audience while almost completely forgetting whole generation that enjoyed the original.

Still, fingers crossed.
stealth wrote:I post facts...
JustOneMoreGo 33

Postby FishyGinger » 27 Sep 2012, 09:07

What everyone else said, in the style of the REmake, do the first 3 games in a trilogy for wii u, 360 and ps3 and it would be insta-win. Sadly I can't see capcom making a decent move so they might as well just do 2 in the style of call of duty if that's the crowd they are after. Better add some more explosions, that'll make it good. Substitute Leon with Bruce Lee too.

I think I've just inadvertently become a capcom games designer...
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby duke360 » 27 Sep 2012, 10:12

yes but a n64 remake :mrgreen:
duke360 5
New user

Postby mikalee » 27 Sep 2012, 11:09

Basically everything this guy says.
mikalee 20

Xbox Live: michaelleemac
PSN ID: mikalee

Next