to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Impressive Halo 4 screens reveal Flood, mechs

Your comments on our articles.

29 screens from today's preview event

Microsoft's released almost 30 impressive Halo 4 screenshots via a London preview event today. Expect our full impressions from that shortly.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Impressive Halo 4 screens reveal Flood, mechs

Postby Black Mantis » 26 Sep 2012, 11:16

The Flood are apparently just part of the Infection MP mode, hopefully they'll return in the H5 campaign (I can see them being mentioned in H4 though). Whilst they may not be peoples ideal enemy, they are the reason why Halo exists, so they get a thumbs up from me!
Black Mantis 67

Re: Impressive Halo 4 screens reveal Flood, mechs

Postby StonecoldMC » 26 Sep 2012, 11:35

I won two tickets to this Event from OXM at the start of the week.

As its the last week of the quarter and month and it was too short notice my bosses politely declined my request for a day off.

To say I am gutted would be a f**king understatement. Im f**king heartbroken :cry: .
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 26 Sep 2012, 11:40

Well done and then unlucky all at the same time. The Halo gods give with one hand then b*tchslap with the other.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby StonecoldMC » 26 Sep 2012, 11:42

I feel like Ive taken a tea bagging :lol: .
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 26 Sep 2012, 11:43

Don't leave the teabag in too long, the taste is overpowering. Lesson for life that, kids.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby CrispyLog » 26 Sep 2012, 12:15

FishyGinger wrote:Don't leave the teabag in too long, the taste is overpowering. Lesson for life that, kids.

That's one reason I use Tick Tock, it's near impossible to over brew the stuff.

That and it's beltin! Has a bit of an irony taste to it, well nice.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 75

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby flyfletch » 26 Sep 2012, 12:38

When Bungie was first shown the front door i thought it was a very risky decision to let them go, now i look at this and im convinced it was the right decision. Halo just looks much much better now.

You can see the quality of it, and its more than likely going to be the a fantastic game. (i hope) :)
flyfletch 71

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 26 Sep 2012, 12:42

Couldn't resist having a look at these. I got to number 9 and quickly clicked off them when I saw an un-helmeted female spartan standing next to the chief. I didn't know there were other Spartans in this campaign, that would have been a nice surprise when I played it if my willpower hadn't failed me. I really hope she's from the books though. :D

I also noticed number 5 has an incoming transmission from Commander Thomas J Lasky, the main kid from the Forward Unto Dawn series.

And Bungie weren't shown the front door. They wanted to work on something other than Halo, and as part of their separation from Microsoft, Microsoft got the rights to Halo and wanted to make more, hence 343i.
Mortal Mad Matt 49

Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Postby RoOhDiNi » 26 Sep 2012, 12:58

@ Black Mantis
I think The Flood is the most tired, forced and overused Story-Twist in the entire series. It worked for the first game, they should have left it there. In CE you destroyed Halo. The Flood were destroyed. Over.
Halo 2's campaign was a confusing mess full of forced characters, plotholes and a more than unsattisfying ending. Gamedesign was nowhere near the brilliant Sandbox-gameplay of CE.

Halo 4 may turn out to be the true Sequel to CE I've always been waiting for.
RoOhDiNi 47

Postby FishyGinger » 26 Sep 2012, 13:01

CrispyLog wrote:
FishyGinger wrote:Don't leave the teabag in too long, the taste is overpowering. Lesson for life that, kids.

That's one reason I use Tick Tock, it's near impossible to over brew the stuff.

That and it's beltin! Has a bit of an irony taste to it, well nice.

That redbush/rooibos? I was on dragonfly tea, vanilla flavour but at work I stick with pg tips decaf.
FishyGinger 70

Postby richomack360 » 26 Sep 2012, 13:41

Someone call the office cleaners - i have exploded over my desk again
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby Imaduck » 26 Sep 2012, 13:52

This game looks incredible :shock:
Imaduck 58

Postby Black Mantis » 26 Sep 2012, 15:53

RoOhDiNi wrote:@ Black Mantis
I think The Flood is the most tired, forced and overused Story-Twist in the entire series. It worked for the first game, they should have left it there. In CE you destroyed Halo. The Flood were destroyed. Over.
Halo 2's campaign was a confusing mess full of forced characters, plotholes and a more than unsattisfying ending. Gamedesign was nowhere near the brilliant Sandbox-gameplay of CE.

Halo 4 may turn out to be the true Sequel to CE I've always been waiting for.

You obviously haven't read up on the Halo universe, if you think the Flood threat ended in the 1st game. Read the books/wiki for the gist of it, but every Halo game we've experienced so far has been related to them.
Black Mantis 67

Postby RoOhDiNi » 26 Sep 2012, 16:17

@Black Mantis
I know what you mean. I know there's tons of additional Halo-fiction out there. Still, I have to take the games for what they are, and if they get held back by repetitive gamedesign instead of progressing further only to fit the Halo fiction, well, then I guess books are not the right medium to evolve the franchise. Ultimately the Halo-Cosmos should revolve around the games, and evolve in their favor, instead of undermining gamedesign just for the sake of consistency.
RoOhDiNi 47

Postby flyfletch » 26 Sep 2012, 17:35

Mortal Mad Matt wrote:Couldn't resist having a look at these. I got to number 9 and quickly clicked off them when I saw an un-helmeted female spartan standing next to the chief. I didn't know there were other Spartans in this campaign, that would have been a nice surprise when I played it if my willpower hadn't failed me. I really hope she's from the books though. :D

I also noticed number 5 has an incoming transmission from Commander Thomas J Lasky, the main kid from the Forward Unto Dawn series.

And Bungie weren't shown the front door. They wanted to work on something other than Halo, and as part of their separation from Microsoft, Microsoft got the rights to Halo and wanted to make more, hence 343i.

Your right, i knew this, bad choice of words from me! Im sure you get what i was getting at anyway, that i am relieved this is turning out to be a seriously good game and has not went to the wall due to change of developer!
flyfletch 71

Next