to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The Wii U does not mean the death of the Wii

Your comments on our articles.

According to Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime there are "still millions" of potential buyers

Nintendo is entering a new generation of gaming with the Wii U in November, but does that mean the end of the Wii? Not according to Reggie Fils-Aime.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

The Wii U does not mean the death of the Wii

Postby flyfletch » 25 Sep 2012, 07:12

Marketing of the PS3 phenomenal?? I wouldnt go that far, PS2 at the time without a doubt was well marketed. The PS3 is badly marketed, i cant remember the last time i saw a PS3 advert.
Go ahead and add me on PS3, 360 & Wii U, please note! Weirdo's will be blocked immediately :)
flyfletch 68

Xbox Live: Flyfletch
PSN ID: FlyFletch
Wii Code: Wii U code Fletch76
Steam: Flyfletch1976

Re: The Wii U does not mean the death of the Wii

Postby Balladeer » 25 Sep 2012, 07:20

He's right: the lack of software meant the death of the Wii. Anyway, haven't we already had this article? Do we need an Ozzie version as well?
The GNamer Forum: for civilised Nintendo discussion, podcasts, and snack reviews.
Balladeer 76

Postby Nintendoro » 25 Sep 2012, 07:58

"The Wii U does not mean the death of the Wii"

True that. Wii was dead long before Wii U was showed to the world :D
Nintendoro 22

Postby HelloLadies » 25 Sep 2012, 09:00

Yeah when I pick up a Wii I might try and buy a Commodore 64 while im at it.
HelloLadies 50

Postby Acesbomb » 25 Sep 2012, 09:39

Nintendoro wrote:"The Wii U does not mean the death of the Wii"

True that. Wii was dead long before Wii U was showed to the world :D

LOL this. I use it for Classic and Gamecube games only.
3770kk @ 4.6ghz
R9 290X crossfire
Dell 30" 1600p
16GB Corsair Dominator
Acesbomb 45

Postby me4pd » 25 Sep 2012, 10:47

My wii life hasn't died. Here is a list of games I've been too slow to do anything with:

No More Heroes (start)
Dead Space: Extraction (start)
Madworld: finish
RS2: finish
TLoZ: SS (h3roz moad)
Project Zero 2 (start)

I've also still got to buy:
Pandora's Tower
Last Story
Xenoblade Chronicles
DKCR
Bit Trip Complete

Ain't got no time for no Wii U maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
me4pd 47

Postby Windowlicker79 » 25 Sep 2012, 12:10

I very much doubt they'll be able to shift new Wii hardware after the Wii U comes out. Its already possible to buy a Wii console from CEX for £30. That price will drop even more once the Wii U is released.
Windowlicker79 54

Xbox Live: windowlicker79

Postby Barca Azul » 25 Sep 2012, 14:02

Balladeer wrote:He's right: the lack of software meant the death of the Wii. Anyway, haven't we already had this article? Do we need an Ozzie version as well?

I was thinking the same. I also cant see why any late adopters would consider it either TBH.
Barca Azul 59

Postby Balladeer » 25 Sep 2012, 14:33

Oh I can see that. Times being what they are, people forget that there were some gems out for the console (don't make me do a list: there's a partial one three posts up if you're interested), and you'd probably be able to pick up the console and a dozen or so utter beauties for cheap now. Then again, the backwards-compatible WiiU is on its way, but not everyone will want to pick it up (at least not for launch price), and if you get a Wii you can trawl eBay for GC beauties too.

But that wasn't what I was thinking about. I've got most of these gems I'm talking about, and I very much doubt there's anything on its way that'll interest me regarding the Wii. And because I'm a selfish bastard, that was my point. :mrgreen:
The GNamer Forum: for civilised Nintendo discussion, podcasts, and snack reviews.
Balladeer 76

Postby alan666 » 25 Sep 2012, 20:30

What a stupid thing to come out with, the Wii is finished, it was finished years ago when games stopped being released for it.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
PSN ID: B1G_A1AN
Wii Code: Wii U + B1G_A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby CrabbyLioness » 25 Sep 2012, 20:56

Barca Azul wrote:
Balladeer wrote:He's right: the lack of software meant the death of the Wii. Anyway, haven't we already had this article? Do we need an Ozzie version as well?

I was thinking the same. I also cant see why any late adopters would consider it either TBH.

Well, I unboxed one and fired it up for the first time Saturday Does that count? :)

I'd planned to buy one years ago, but poverty interfered. Even now I can scrounge up $150 a lot easier than I could $350; and $20 games are a better deal than $60 games. Plus, the children are old enough to enjoy it now.

And yes, my last console really was an Atari 2600. My last game before this year was Pitfall.
CrabbyLioness 1
New user