to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The Wii U does not mean the death of the Wii

Your comments on our articles.

According to Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime there are "still millions" of potential buyers

Nintendo is entering a new generation of gaming with the Wii U in November, but does that mean the end of the Wii? Not according to Reggie Fils-Aime.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

The Wii U does not mean the death of the Wii

Postby flyfletch » 25 Sep 2012, 07:12

Marketing of the PS3 phenomenal?? I wouldnt go that far, PS2 at the time without a doubt was well marketed. The PS3 is badly marketed, i cant remember the last time i saw a PS3 advert.
flyfletch 71

Re: The Wii U does not mean the death of the Wii

Postby Balladeer » 25 Sep 2012, 07:20

He's right: the lack of software meant the death of the Wii. Anyway, haven't we already had this article? Do we need an Ozzie version as well?
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby Nintendoro » 25 Sep 2012, 07:58

"The Wii U does not mean the death of the Wii"

True that. Wii was dead long before Wii U was showed to the world :D
Nintendoro 24

Postby HelloLadies » 25 Sep 2012, 09:00

Yeah when I pick up a Wii I might try and buy a Commodore 64 while im at it.
HelloLadies 50

Postby Acesbomb » 25 Sep 2012, 09:39

Nintendoro wrote:"The Wii U does not mean the death of the Wii"

True that. Wii was dead long before Wii U was showed to the world :D

LOL this. I use it for Classic and Gamecube games only.
3770kk @ 4.6ghz
R9 290X crossfire
Dell 30" 1600p
16GB Corsair Dominator
Acesbomb 51

Postby me4pd » 25 Sep 2012, 10:47

My wii life hasn't died. Here is a list of games I've been too slow to do anything with:

No More Heroes (start)
Dead Space: Extraction (start)
Madworld: finish
RS2: finish
TLoZ: SS (h3roz moad)
Project Zero 2 (start)

I've also still got to buy:
Pandora's Tower
Last Story
Xenoblade Chronicles
DKCR
Bit Trip Complete

Ain't got no time for no Wii U maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
me4pd 48

Postby Windowlicker79 » 25 Sep 2012, 12:10

I very much doubt they'll be able to shift new Wii hardware after the Wii U comes out. Its already possible to buy a Wii console from CEX for £30. That price will drop even more once the Wii U is released.
Windowlicker79 55

Xbox Live: windowlicker79

Postby Barca Azul » 25 Sep 2012, 14:02

Balladeer wrote:He's right: the lack of software meant the death of the Wii. Anyway, haven't we already had this article? Do we need an Ozzie version as well?

I was thinking the same. I also cant see why any late adopters would consider it either TBH.
Barca Azul 62

Postby Balladeer » 25 Sep 2012, 14:33

Oh I can see that. Times being what they are, people forget that there were some gems out for the console (don't make me do a list: there's a partial one three posts up if you're interested), and you'd probably be able to pick up the console and a dozen or so utter beauties for cheap now. Then again, the backwards-compatible WiiU is on its way, but not everyone will want to pick it up (at least not for launch price), and if you get a Wii you can trawl eBay for GC beauties too.

But that wasn't what I was thinking about. I've got most of these gems I'm talking about, and I very much doubt there's anything on its way that'll interest me regarding the Wii. And because I'm a selfish bastard, that was my point. :mrgreen:
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby alan666 » 25 Sep 2012, 20:30

What a stupid thing to come out with, the Wii is finished, it was finished years ago when games stopped being released for it.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby CrabbyLioness » 25 Sep 2012, 20:56

Barca Azul wrote:
Balladeer wrote:He's right: the lack of software meant the death of the Wii. Anyway, haven't we already had this article? Do we need an Ozzie version as well?

I was thinking the same. I also cant see why any late adopters would consider it either TBH.

Well, I unboxed one and fired it up for the first time Saturday Does that count? :)

I'd planned to buy one years ago, but poverty interfered. Even now I can scrounge up $150 a lot easier than I could $350; and $20 games are a better deal than $60 games. Plus, the children are old enough to enjoy it now.

And yes, my last console really was an Atari 2600. My last game before this year was Pitfall.
CrabbyLioness 1
New user