to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Is Ecco The Dolphin getting a new game?

Your comments on our articles.

The SEGA classic may be looking at a comeback

The creator of Ecco The Dolphin, Ed Annunziata, has posted several tweets regarding a new Ecco game for this generation.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Is Ecco The Dolphin getting a new game?

Postby TehSlenderMan » 24 Sep 2012, 05:30

OH LORD, PLEASE PLEASE NO! Ecco The Dolphin is WITHOUT a DOUBT THE HARDEST GAME I have EVER played in my ENTIRE life. Sure, we can say this about many games, but Ecco is no joking matter. I have never had so much trouble with a game (Still haven't beaten it)
Have a Steam, Origin(Sadly) and Battle.net Account.
Steam: Darksiders 2, All CoDs, Saints Row 3, CSS, DoD:s, Killing Floor, DX:HR, CS:GO, many more.
Origin: Battlefield 3, Syndicate, and Mass Effect 3.
Battle.net: Diablo 2 LoD, StarCraft 2, and Diablo 3.
TehSlenderMan 31

Xbox Live: TehSlenderrMan
Steam: Teh Slender Man
Battle.net: SlenderMan#1735

Re: Is Ecco The Dolphin getting a new game?

Postby Welsh Jester » 24 Sep 2012, 07:05

Would prefer it if they made a new road rash, or espn extreme games with online play.. hell or a new streets of rage
Welsh Jester 47

PSN ID: PerfectChaos

Postby budge » 24 Sep 2012, 07:34

Welsh Jester wrote:Would prefer it if they made a new road rash, or espn extreme games with online play.. hell or a new streets of rage

Big fat yes to any of these. :)
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby spunwicked » 24 Sep 2012, 08:01

TehSlenderMan wrote:OH LORD, PLEASE PLEASE NO! Ecco The Dolphin is WITHOUT a DOUBT THE HARDEST GAME I have EVER played in my ENTIRE life. Sure, we can say this about many games, but Ecco is no joking matter. I have never had so much trouble with a game (Still haven't beaten it)

It wasn't that hard.

The story got a bit weird by the time the aliens were involved, other than that, great game. Would love to see a remake, but would like to see it on next gen hardware.
spunwicked 24

Xbox Live: spunwicked
PSN ID: dunkrez
Steam: spunwicked

Postby FixBeatGames » 24 Sep 2012, 08:53

oh hell yeah, would love to see a new ecco on current tech, could be sooo good. also wouldn't mind a road rash remake, as long as they don't try n make the bikes all uber-realistic and stick to the classic arcade style gameplay it'd be ace.
FixBeatGames 41

Postby Drusus » 24 Sep 2012, 10:38

spunwicked wrote:
TehSlenderMan wrote:OH LORD, PLEASE PLEASE NO! Ecco The Dolphin is WITHOUT a DOUBT THE HARDEST GAME I have EVER played in my ENTIRE life. Sure, we can say this about many games, but Ecco is no joking matter. I have never had so much trouble with a game (Still haven't beaten it)

It wasn't that hard.

The story got a bit weird by the time the aliens were involved, other than that, great game. Would love to see a remake, but would like to see it on next gen hardware.

Every Ecco is deadly hard, the Dreamcast one is stupendously hard. If you beat it congrats, I did myself but only after a very long time trying and a game guide. Did you finish it?
Drusus 58

Postby RoOhDiNi » 24 Sep 2012, 11:03

Fans who want to show support should go sign this petition:

https://www.change.org/petitions/revival-of-ecco-dolphin-franchise

RoOhDiNi 47

Postby capsule_toy » 24 Sep 2012, 11:12

FixBeatGames wrote:oh hell yeah, would love to see a new ecco on current tech, could be sooo good. also wouldn't mind a road rash remake, as long as they don't try n make the bikes all uber-realistic and stick to the classic arcade style gameplay it'd be ace.

I concur with the Ecco remark. Would look and sound amazing, as the PS2/DC version did in it's day.

If you look on YouTube, there's a Road Rash pre-vis that someone did, and it's like Burnout in concept, but it looks like how I expect Road Rash to come back as (if it ever does). It's fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHz2u-33Y4
capsule_toy 46

Xbox Live: Capsule Toy
PSN ID: Capsule_Toy
Steam: Capsule_Toy

Postby Knight » 24 Sep 2012, 12:31

Think I was about 12 when I played the original game. Not only was it hard, but it really scared me. Guess I should give it another go now I'm in my late twenties and work out why I didn't like to play it. Maybe it was the likely chance of running out of air. *shrug*
Knight 55

Postby MrPirtniw » 24 Sep 2012, 14:06

Knight wrote:Think I was about 12 when I played the original game. Not only was it hard, but it really scared me. Guess I should give it another go now I'm in my late twenties and work out why I didn't like to play it. Maybe it was the likely chance of running out of air. *shrug*

I didn't find the Megadrive Ecco games scary- and I managed to get near the end of the game when I was a kid- but the Dreamcast Ecco terrified me :lol: the whole Running out of air thing, the lack of visibility, the big open areas that made you feel really vulnerable... And sharks. Lots and lots of sharks,
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby Samurai-Don » 24 Sep 2012, 15:31

You are aware that no one is forcing you buy the new Ecco, which as of writing doesn't exist yet.

So I ask you why does it matter should a new Ecco game get made? When there are other people who might want to play it.
Samurai-Don 21

Postby console_whore » 24 Sep 2012, 21:36

spunwicked wrote:

It wasn't that hard.

It bloody well is that hard :D
console_whore 45

Xbox Live: chaosancient
PSN ID: chaosancient2