to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

PlayStation boss 'thinks division will be profitable this ye

Your comments on our articles.

Company pegging hopes on new PS3 as handhelds underperform

Sony Computer Entertainment president Andrew House thinks the PlayStation division will turn a profit in the current business year ending March 31, 2013.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby StonecoldMC » 20 Sep 2012, 11:27

Coming to the end of the consoles life cycle, I fully expect both MS and Sony to confirm good numbers with regards to turnover and profit. Ninty with the launch of a new console im not to sure about though? They could, just depends on marketing spend and R&D.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby Barca Azul » 20 Sep 2012, 11:30

Shows how much TV's lost them then!
Barca Azul 61

Re: PlayStation boss 'thinks division will be profitable thi

Postby S-Smith » 20 Sep 2012, 11:55

I hope the New PS3 super slim does well & boosts PS3 sales(it's just got some odd prices tho) Why couldn't they just do a £149.99(UK) PS3(& $199 US PS3) & that would of got them loads of sales. And if they bought back FULL PS2 playback to that New PS3 they would of done even better. Its a shame but never mind, it's the brilliant PlayStation games that keep me happy so i am happy & there is more to come:-P
S-Smith 41

Postby Skullet » 20 Sep 2012, 12:07

Barca Azul wrote:Shows how much TV's lost them then!

I don't think their TV business has made a profit since 2005 which isn't surprising, if you go to a TV shop you can always spot a Sony as it's the one with the biggest price tag and the worst picture quality. :)

Reading between the lines in this article "we just released a new PS3 that is cheaper to make and has a worse spec than the old one but we'll sell it for much the same price as the old one. Also our Vita isn't selling well people are calling out for more games and a price drop but we'll release a red version and a blue version of the console, this will clearly solve all of these issues and come the end of the year we'll be rolling in the monies.
Skullet 60

Postby gmcb007 » 20 Sep 2012, 12:32

Give us the 250GB model in Europe then you muppets.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 20 Sep 2012, 12:47

Skullet wrote:

I don't think their TV business has made a profit since 2005 which isn't surprising, if you go to a TV shop you can always spot a Sony as it's the one with the biggest price tag and the worst picture quality. :)

Reading between the lines in this article "we just released a new PS3 that is cheaper to make and has a worse spec than the old one but we'll sell it for much the same price as the old one. Also our Vita isn't selling well people are calling out for more games and a price drop but we'll release a red version and a blue version of the console, this will clearly solve all of these issues and come the end of the year we'll be rolling in the monies.

Ha ha true :mrgreen:

KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby Barca Azul » 20 Sep 2012, 15:59

Skullet wrote:

I actually have a Bravia, its a high end one from last year (HX923), but the picture quality is stunning and very happy with it.

The low end are rubbish however and would agree with you.
Barca Azul 61

Postby Papzotic » 21 Sep 2012, 06:13

Skullet wrote:

Funny, I find that my PS3 looks better on a Sony TV than anything else.

Coincidence? I don't think so :lol:
Papzotic 29

Postby The Bossman » 23 Sep 2012, 20:04

Maybe if you weren't so greedy and charged less for PS Vitas you'd be in profit right now, but no, apparently Sony knows best.
The Bossman 45

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby dwhlufc » 23 Sep 2012, 20:47

The Bossman wrote:Maybe if you weren't so greedy and charged less for PS Vitas you'd be in profit right now, but no, apparently Sony knows best.

So if they made a loss on each unit they'd be in profit?
dwhlufc 75

Postby The Bossman » 24 Sep 2012, 15:13

dwhlufc wrote:
The Bossman wrote:Maybe if you weren't so greedy and charged less for PS Vitas you'd be in profit right now, but no, apparently Sony knows best.

So if they made a loss on each unit they'd be in profit?

Again it's their own fault for spending so much on making each unit, they deserve everything they get.
The Bossman 45

PSN ID: the_bossman222