to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Resident Evil 6 PC release 'still some time away'

Your comments on our articles.

PC work didn't begin until after the console versions were complete

It will be some time before Capcom reveals a Resident Evil 6 PC release date.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Resident Evil 6 PC release 'still some time away'

Postby Acesbomb » 20 Sep 2012, 10:10

By the reaction to the demo on this site, you can keep it Capcom.

Once I heard they wanted to get the COD players onboard I wrote it off.

I would be interested in a revamp of 1,2,3 & veronica, ala the gamecube resi 1 version.

RIP Resident Evil Series.
3770kk @ 4.6ghz
R9 290X crossfire
Dell 30" 1600p
16GB Corsair Dominator
Acesbomb 50

Re: Resident Evil 6 PC release 'still some time away'

Postby Mobius01 » 20 Sep 2012, 11:21

Acesbomb wrote:By the reaction to the demo on this site, you can keep it Capcom.

I would be interested in a revamp of 1,2,3 & veronica, ala the gamecube resi 1 version.

Pretty much everything I was gonna say.

If they did as good a job as they did with REmake I'd be all over the remakes of 2, 3 and CV. This new stuff they can keep.
Mobius01 50

Steam: mobius01

Postby runadumb » 20 Sep 2012, 11:48

Mobius01 wrote:
Acesbomb wrote:By the reaction to the demo on this site, you can keep it Capcom.

Pretty much everything I was gonna say.

If they did as good a job as they did with REmake I'd be all over the remakes of 2, 3 and CV. This new stuff they can keep.

The original resident Evil is dead to me now. The remake was so good it just makes it redundant.

GFWL FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
runadumb 61

Postby B_G_G » 20 Sep 2012, 12:47

^everything everyone says up there is bang on. You guys are the best.

I don't care about RE6. 4 was great and the reason I bought a GameCube but shocking on PC, 5 was just bad and this looks mehdiocre.

Take as LONG AS YOU WANT. I can probably wait to not buy this for quite a while.
B_G_G 51

Postby MPH » 20 Sep 2012, 13:10

Stick it where the sun don't shine Crapcom. You have no idea what the true fans want. I didn't play the first RE's and go "Oh boy I'd love for this to be more action orientated!". Why'd you think the earlier games were received so well? :x
MPH 53

Postby toaplan » 20 Sep 2012, 13:22

The PC version of RE5 was generally well-received, so hopefully they'll do a good job with RE6 as well, even if it takes some time. If it's not released this year, that's another candidate crossed off my Xmas shopping list.

PC gamer gave RE5 a review score of 93% and called it a "wildly entertaining third-person shooter that fully realizes its potential on the PC with vastly superior graphics, improved controls and an epic co-op experience". RE5 also received praise for supporting Nvidia 3D vision and multicore CPUs well.
toaplan 73

Postby MPH » 20 Sep 2012, 13:32

toaplan wrote:The PC version of RE5 was generally well-received, so hopefully they'll do a good job with RE6 as well, even if it takes some time. If it's not released this year, that's another candidate crossed off my Xmas shopping list.

PC gamer gave RE5 a review score of 93% and called it a "wildly entertaining third-person shooter that fully realizes its potential on the PC with vastly superior graphics, improved controls and an epic co-op experience". RE5 also received praise for supporting Nvidia 3D vision and multicore CPUs well.

RE5 was, for all intents and purposes, a GoW clone. It completely lost the spirit of the series and most RE fans I've spoken to (after the allure of the graphics wore off) seem to agree it's just not in the same league gameplay-wise. There are zero tense moments in RE5, zero points that make you jump out your seat, an annoying partner character that's with you for large portions of your adventure, it simply isn't RE. I even got ALL the achievements for the game in my quest to find a true RE game in it. I wish they'd drop this bullshit co-op too. I want to go solo through RE games and by solo I mean NO other character following me around with a gun, NO playing online with a friend, just me. I want to fear every corner, every room, every encounter with a zombie. :(
MPH 53

Postby gmcb007 » 20 Sep 2012, 14:16

Don't worry PC gamers, you ain't missing anything.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby ghuk » 20 Sep 2012, 16:58

I must admit its a real shame the path that Resident Evil has taken, I for one remember the genuine fear I felt of playing through the 1st game on a big telly with the surround sound turned up. Heck I even purchased an American PS1 with a copy of RE1 just to play it earlier than the UK release! :D

I remember the sheer panic the first time that the dogs jumped through the window, it was scarey and atmospheric stuff yet ever so brilliant at the same time and I think thats where the series has gone wrong, the atmosphere in RE5 was so bland and underwhelming just run and shoot and lacking the tension of the 1st couple of titles.

It would be fab (Capcom if you are listening!!) if they would remake the 1st 3 game in proper HD. Heck playing through these titles in proper 1920 x 1080 with HD textures would keep me engrossed for a while :lol:
ghuk 39

Postby razors edge » 20 Sep 2012, 17:25

Oh for god's sake.

Speaking as a 'true fan' ,one who is currently replaying Resident Evil: Nemesis on the Vita and loving it, I can't wait for this game and have preordered it for the 360.

I wish that people would wait until they'd got a little further into the game than just the one or two relatively tiny demos before writing it off.

I have said it before and I will say it again if all you lot got were more and more houses filled with zombies - the 'true' path that Capcom should apparently have gone down with this series - you would now all be saying 'they've run out of ideas, it's just more mansions filled with zombies'. They need to evolve and this means they need to change, get used to it.
razors edge 41

Postby petewasbristol » 20 Sep 2012, 17:33

Just finished the demo (all 3 scenarios) and I have to say that it was completely soul destroying. What have you done Capcom? I know I could see it coming, but I was not expecting it to end like this. An utter mess. My only hope for the series is that they (one day) go back and remake the original trilogy. :( :(
petewasbristol 15

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 20 Sep 2012, 17:46

razors edge wrote:Oh for god's sake.

Speaking as a 'true fan' ,one who is currently replaying Resident Evil: Nemesis on the Vita and loving it, I can't wait for this game and have preordered it for the 360.

I wish that people would wait until they'd got a little further into the game than just the one or two relatively tiny demos before writing it off.

I have said it before and I will say it again if all you lot got were more and more houses filled with zombies - the 'true' path that Capcom should apparently have gone down with this series - you would now all be saying 'they've run out of ideas, it's just more mansions filled with zombies'. They need to evolve and this means they need to change, get used to it.

I think the issue is actually down to poor game design and very poor coding like a budget game from an unknown developer. I think people can live with the more action route but the actual game stinks and that's whats up with people.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby gmcb007 » 20 Sep 2012, 19:15

Mmmmgrolsch wrote:
razors edge wrote:Oh for god's sake.

I think the issue is actually down to poor game design and very poor coding like a budget game from an unknown developer. I think people can live with the more action route but the actual game stinks and that's whats up with people.

What grolsch said, I don't like the way Capcom have went with the series but still I tried the demo to see if I could be impressed. What I got was the gameplay from a broken, outdated looking game. I also got a headache due to the horrid camera positioning.

The game in general seems to be half arsed, some of the QTE's are impossible due to bad coding and the darkness in Leon's campaign is just out of control. If you bother to read the other posts you'll notice that the general negativity is due to the style of gameplay but the actual handling.

Also Chris and Jake's campaign is just generic at best.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 20 Sep 2012, 20:24

I didn't like the direction they took with Resident Evil 5 but I really enjoyed the game for what it was, a 3rd person shooter. I also loved Resident Evil 4 even though it was the first to step completely away from the horror so I think I've had more than enough time to get over the 'action and no horror genre'

The camera is just plain horrible ain't it? It just doesn't feel right at all and it's really hard to see anything around you because of it. Those zombies that don't 'activate' until you walk up to them is beyond stupid, try to shoot them before you approach and the game acts like the zombie doesn't exist. I've yet to even play the other 2 campaigns so I dread to imagine how bad they are.

As I said in another thread the lack of quality will be down to Capcoms greed trying to appeal to every single person in the world by making it part beat em up, action orientated, a shooter, etc etc Also the so called 'zombies' are the worst zombies I've ever seen, the animation on them is f**king terrible.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby GlobalNightmare » 20 Sep 2012, 21:42

Sad to see what the series has become. I was bitterly disapointed last night after finishing that awful demo. Shame on you Capcom.
Everybody relax, I'm here
GlobalNightmare 32