to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gets TGS trailer

Your comments on our articles.

Oddworld's Abe still not included

Sony's released a new PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale trailer, via the Tokyo Game Show.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gets TGS trailer

Postby Fr33Kye » 20 Sep 2012, 10:06

This game looks a lot like smash bros.

Guys there's a very pretty loco roco level!
Fr33Kye 70

Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gets TGS trailer

Postby sbradley88 » 20 Sep 2012, 10:23

Fr33Kye wrote:This game looks a lot like smash bros.

Been known for quite a while now lol

I'm on the beta for this on the Vita, and it plays pretty well. Very basic, but the controls are hard to understand. You press the buttons different ways and for different attacks. Seems random at first. Might pick this up though, cause of the cross play.
sbradley88 58

Xbox Live: ShalakashkaPS3
PSN ID: Shalakashka
Steam: Shalakashka

Postby RustySpoon80 » 20 Sep 2012, 11:24

sbradley88 wrote:
Fr33Kye wrote:This game looks a lot like smash bros.

Been known for quite a while now lol

I'm on the beta for this on the Vita, and it plays pretty well. Very basic, but the controls are hard to understand. You press the buttons different ways and for different attacks. Seems random at first. Might pick this up though, cause of the cross play.

Yeah, I'm on the PS3 version and I've found that. I then got to level 3 super and couldn't unleash it for some reason. It does play very much like smash bros, that is a very basic beat-em up. Dont think it'd hold my interest for long. Smash Bros didn't.
RustySpoon80 55

Postby Agent75 » 20 Sep 2012, 12:10

Fair doos, this is a Super Smash Bros. clone, but there's loads of clones out there. Think it would of been better calling it All-Star Battle Royale, as the PlayStation in the title looks a bit s**t. Can't say I rated Super Smash Bros., but this doesn't look as varied, as in the level design, as most of the fighting seems to be on the ground. Sony has been knocking out a lot of sequels over the years, some have been a bit crap, so I suppose they had to come up with something. Makes me wonder how they're going to keep the 10 year console cycle going....
Agent75 48

Postby wwinterj » 20 Sep 2012, 13:51

I'm currently playing the beta of this and even though it's online only(the beta) I'm having a lot of fun. Shame they have not revealed anyone new aside from the leaked stuff but I'll for sure be buying this. Loving playing as Sweet Tooth so far and look forward to trying the others out that are not in the beta.
wwinterj 49

Postby sbradley88 » 20 Sep 2012, 14:05

wwinterj wrote:I'm currently playing the beta of this and even though it's online only(the beta) I'm having a lot of fun. Shame they have not revealed anyone new aside from the leaked stuff but I'll for sure be buying this. Loving playing as Sweet Tooth so far and look forward to trying the others out that are not in the beta.

I prefer Kratos, I couldn't get my head round using Sweetooth
sbradley88 58

Xbox Live: ShalakashkaPS3
PSN ID: Shalakashka
Steam: Shalakashka

Postby TheLastDodo » 20 Sep 2012, 14:28

Glad some people can play the beta.

I've tried 3x now and it freezes my PS3 when I try to find a lobby.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby StrawHatGintoki » 20 Sep 2012, 18:01

I always wondered what's with all the Abe commotion. I've been on Gaf and on the Playstation All-Stars forum and I've never once seen him requested. The only popular ones are Crash, Spyro, Snake, Sora, Cloud, Kat, and Wander. I always thought Abe was random as heck when I first heard of him on these gaming news sites.

Regardless I hope I get in the beta soon. It seems like I'm the only one who's been following this game relentlessly and never got on the beta.
StrawHatGintoki 15

PSN ID: yooobooyj