to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Wii U games to the rescue!

Your comments on our articles.

Hands-on with four brilliant titles that could turn the cynics into believers

Last week Nintendo revealed the final details of its Wii U's launch plans with an intercontinental trio of press conferences. This week the company is offering CVG a closer look at the device and its software, flying the team out to Nintendo's Germany HQ to sample its next-gen console launch line-up.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Wii U games to the rescue!

Postby Balladeer » 18 Sep 2012, 17:05

Nice to see CVG taking a bit of a more optimistic take on the console, even if the cynic inside me says they're trying to distance themselves from the Sun as far as possible. And who can blame them?

Hopefully by Christmas, NSMB2 will have been long enough in the past that NSMBU feels fresh again (relatively speaking).
The GNamer Forum: for civilised Nintendo discussion, podcasts, and snack reviews.
Balladeer 76

Re: Wii U games to the rescue!

Postby Robcarroll93 » 18 Sep 2012, 17:17

I can't make my mind up whether to buy one or just stick with my PS3 and Vita, it looks amazing but I just want to know what we can expect beyond the launch window.
Robcarroll93 10

Postby TwilightLink77 » 18 Sep 2012, 17:27

I just wish to know the official UK price of a Wii U game...
I definitely hope that it isn't £49.99 as that would put me off...
I am not saying this as a random thing as I have quite a large library of video games and so I have some kind of rough kind of opinion on a good price for a video game...
TwilightLink77 50

Postby TechnoWolf » 18 Sep 2012, 17:52

Robcarroll93 wrote:I can't make my mind up whether to buy one or just stick with my PS3 and Vita, it looks amazing but I just want to know what we can expect beyond the launch window.

Why not just wait a few years?
TechnoWolf 61

Postby wwinterj » 18 Sep 2012, 17:58

Assassin's Creed 3 - Already put down a pre order for the PS3. It also helps that is what exclusive gameplay. 60 minutes apparently.

New Super Mario Bros. U - A new Nintendo system another Mario game. Looks alright buy won't be a reason for me to upgrade the Wii.

Nintendo Land - Not a system seller for me.

ZombiU - Looks ok but zomibies have been done to death (No pun). Still it's a original game so that get's the thumbs up from me.

Bayonetta 2 and Rayman Legends has me intrested in the system but I'll need more than that to justify the price tag. Good article though. I look forward to seeing how the support for the Wii U will continue after launch.
wwinterj 48

Postby Farmboy74 » 18 Sep 2012, 18:17

As I have previously stated, I won't be able to afford a Wii U from day one, I've seen footage of Blacks Ops 2 and the control method has me intrigued. I would like to see new Starfox and F Zero games
Farmboy74 50

Postby l1nc » 18 Sep 2012, 18:35

This will be the first nintendo console except the Nes (which i had for xmas when i was 10) that I won't be buying on launch day. I will wait for the price crash and a decent nintendo IP before i invest. Plus I am still hurting from the 3ds price drop that burnt me. All the 3rd party launch day games I have already or will buy on my ps3.
Ol skool from speccy to ps3
l1nc 41

Xbox Live: l1nc
PSN ID: l1nctendo

Postby cult » 18 Sep 2012, 18:56

Those four games do not interest mii enough to buy U.

Nintendo Land is just a pack in, good multiplayer if you have extra wiimote plusses.
ZombieU, better than Treyarch's zombies, doubt it.
Assassins Creed 3, 5th game, I will play it on the same system as the first four.
New Super Mario Bros, new? Looks like something I played. Or very very similar.

I've looked at 40+ games for the U and I see only 3 thing that interest me.
One is Pikmin 3 which should have been on the Wii, Rayman Legends and Nana Assault Neo a downloadable game.
The U is two years late and the console the original Wii should have aimed to be.
ImageImage
This week I will be mainly going 'clear' and fighting aliens.
cult 62

Wii Code: WiiU Online MrAngry

Postby TheRandyNinja » 18 Sep 2012, 19:10

i know i give the wii u a rough time but zombie u looks good and i just wished they released this console 2 years ago maybe i would have snapped it up
TheRandyNinja 53

Xbox Live: Randy Ninja
PSN ID: Randy Ninja

Postby Kezwar » 18 Sep 2012, 20:03

I just can't get excited for Nintendo's current offerings. Ubisoft get two thumbs up from me though, I'll most likely pick up AC 3, and Rayman with my Zombi U bundle. Gutted Pikmin isn't a launch title though, that's a real missed opportunity. Like some people have already pointed out, I too am concerned about the second and third wave of games. Ubi are the only dev who have really thrown themselves at the Wii U, which is quite worrying. Obviously it's early days, and the publishers probably just want to see how many Wii U's Nintendo shift, but it's still worrying.
let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f**ked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
Kezwar 44

Xbox Live: Kezwar
PSN ID: Kezwar

Postby alan666 » 18 Sep 2012, 20:10

It still needs more games just like the 3DS !
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
PSN ID: B1G_A1AN
Wii Code: Wii U + B1G_A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby Lady Gagagged » 18 Sep 2012, 20:13

I don't quite follow your logic Kez, but do share your concerns. If the Wii U doesn't get good support, and I mean first and second party. it'll be the last Nintendo home console at launch.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby Kezwar » 18 Sep 2012, 20:19

Lady Gagagged wrote:I don't quite follow your logic Kez, but do share your concerns. If the Wii U doesn't get good support, and I mean first and second party. it'll be the last Nintendo home console at launch.

How do you mean?
let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f**ked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
Kezwar 44

Xbox Live: Kezwar
PSN ID: Kezwar

Postby Agent75 » 18 Sep 2012, 20:33

I bet Zombie U comes out on other formats with a few changes, obviously with a slight name change. If not on current formats, maybe the Xbox 720 and PS4 as Microsoft and Sony will have a Wii U style pad.
Agent75 45

Postby goggy » 18 Sep 2012, 21:09

Pre ordered my Premium bundle,£275. Bargain for some next gen hardware. Don't really care what's coming in the future, Nintendo make great games, and thats what matters.

360 with a game and a couple of years subscription is about £250, so get over yourselves.

Think of this...Nintendo games in glorious HD( thats 1080p btw) now with the added bonus of decent third party software, such as AC3 and Black Ops 2. Hmm, no brainer really.

Will probably get Mario, Zombi U, Rayman, Project Wonderful and a couple of others, and if you could be bothered to look instead of just whinging, you would find that the launch games are available for less than 40 quid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 48

Next