to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Fable The Journey preview: A slow-burning quest through Albi

Your comments on our articles.

Works well with Kinect - but there are concessions

Fable: The Journey got off to the worst possible start - a hands-off E3 2011 demo showcasing little more than vague limb-swinging in a stifling switch from traditional freeroam role-playing to hand-holding on-rails action.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Fable The Journey preview: A slow-burning quest through Albi

Postby rivariad » 18 Sep 2012, 14:22

it'll never work out
rivariad 46

Re: Fable The Journey preview: A slow-burning quest through

Postby illage2 » 18 Sep 2012, 14:54

I'm sorry but Fable has gone downhill since Fable 3 was announced. They have alienated their fans, and tried to make Fable a "casual" game. Sorry but this seems like another failed Fable game.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 18 Sep 2012, 16:43

Well sounds ace to me. Long nuanced story. Interesting naturalistic combat. characters you can be invested in. The controls are responsive. fantastic sounds like a good game to me.

Like The Gunstringer was good. Like Rise of Nightmares was good. Like Star Wars Kinect was good. Something that is good is just that. It's not good For blah blah blah. Its merely the fomat its on. So its a good game.

So why is it so hard to admit that? Do you feel like you'd fall out with some kind of secret cabal of gaming ludites if you admitted that this new fangled form of controling a game that isn't a pad actually adds something to it.

Truth be told a game being on rails doesn't actually detract from it in the slightest. HoTD Overkill and Dead Space extraction have been two of my favourite games this gen. They were on rails, Most of the more boombastic parts of your average FPS might as well be on rails. The only difference is whether you get to push the left stick forward or look around with the right one or not.

So to summise my rant. Two stigmas that p**s me off. On rails = bad and motion control = bad. Both are utter b*****ks and as supposed paid experts you should be challenging these misguided and ill informed preconceptions not fueling the fires of them.

Then again CVG is fast getting the reputation as 'The Sun' of Gaming sites and with the standard of journalism on display sometimes its hard not to see why.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby Balladeer » 18 Sep 2012, 16:48

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:Then again CVG is fast getting the reputation as 'The Sun' of Gaming sites and with the standard of journalism on display sometimes its hard not to see why.

Ohshit. (waits for Rob Crossley to emerge)
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby Gamer_Geek » 18 Sep 2012, 17:13

When's the release date?

Hopefully, the sequel is not just a Kinect title, as that would very irritating!

I enjoyed Fable II and Fable III, both for different reasons, but both had aspects removed or replaced, for instance the way experience was received and contributed to the level of your character.

Fable II had a better storyline in my opinion, but Fable III had the greater game play and sub-quests. From the article, Fable: The Journey seems to need to be developed much more than it has already been.

Harry
Gamer_Geek 3
New user

Xbox Live: x BlueRobot

Postby Cinaclov » 18 Sep 2012, 20:22

I really hope that the Next-box has Kinect or similar built in, allowing this to get the audience it sounds like it deserves. As it is, one quite interesting sounding game isn't ever going to be enough to sell a console or expensive peripheral.
Cinaclov 63